No announcement yet.

University of Maine Off-season 2024: Insert Pun Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we are throwing names out there John Driscoll from Army. 6'4" D with 21 points and blocks a ton of shots.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      I wonder if we will see Neimo on the portal? I would guess end of season interviews with the coach before players start jumping ship
      If he did, he would have to sit a year with no practice even because it would be his second transfer. I doubt he would do this.

See section “How many times can you transfer?”

https://www.ncsasports.org/recruitin...transfer-rules

Comment

Looks like Houle has signed an amateur tryout agreement with the San Jose Barracuda (AHL affiliate of the Sharks). Good luck to him in his professional career!

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
          Looks like Houle has signed an amateur tryout agreement with the San Jose Barracuda (AHL affiliate of the Sharks). Good luck to him in his professional career!
          Ditto! Here’s hoping his speed serves him well!

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
            Yup, just saw that and was coming here to report. I didn't really expect that honestly, but I'm happy for him. With how bad the Sharks roster is I'll never rule anything out regarding getting to the big leagues. Congrats Donny!

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
              Yup, just saw that and was coming here to report. I didn't really expect that honestly, but I'm happy for him. With how bad the Sharks roster is I'll never rule anything out regarding getting to the big leagues. Congrats Donny!
              That was my thinking as well. The Sharks have a middle of the pack prospect pool and a very bad NHL roster. A good season next year could see him get a call up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkee View Post

If he did, he would have to sit a year with no practice even because it would be his second transfer. I doubt he would do this.

See section “How many times can you transfer?”

https://www.ncsasports.org/recruitin...transfer-rules
                Because this is being contested through the courts, players can transfer a second time without sitting. The same as last year.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...suit-ncaa-says

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

Yes, congratulations Donny. A fun player to watch. Will miss the big hits. My favorite was after taking down Mitton, who got back up collected the puck and was about to skate over the red line for a dump in, and Donny circled around and absolutely ran him open ice and poor Mitton had to take his time getting off to the bench. Guy at times was like a heat seeking missile locked on and delivered wreckage.

Comment

Originally posted by OronoKO View Post

Because this is being contested through the courts, players can transfer a second time without sitting. The same as last year.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...suit-ncaa-says
                    Thanks, I was unaware of this loophole. I guess Niemo can transfer without penalty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparkee View Post

Yes, congratulations Donny. A fun player to watch. Will miss the big hits. My favorite was after taking down Mitton, who got back up collected the puck and was about to skate over the red line for a dump in, and Donny circled around and absolutely ran him open ice and poor Mitton had to take his time getting off to the bench. Guy at times was like a heat seeking missile locked on and delivered wreckage.
                      Mitton would be a nice pickup for Maine.

Comment

Thanks, I was unaware of this loophole. I guess Niemo can transfer without penalty.
                        I thought he could have helped on 4th line this year but since he only played a few games I figure he is out of here.

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          I thought he could have helped on 4th line this year but since he only played a few games I figure he is out of here.
                          He played in 18 games. But he had only 13 shots. Kind of strange for a guy that lead Bentley in scoring last season. He just wasn’t aggressive in getting shots off and making scoring chances. I hope he gets back to the level he was at prior to this season, whether it is here or elsewhere.

Comment

• Good Luck to Donny Hockey...smiled at me and gave me a high 5 through the glass when he scored at UNH. Wish him nothing but the best.

Comment

• Good luck to #11..!..now that Houle has left,what are the odds of Breen staying...50-50...or less...if both leave will be gaps hard to fill...but then That's Hockey..I would think if both leave then it's a good chance that one of those openings may get filled thru the Portal...going to be a very interesting off season.

Comment

He played in 18 games. But he had only 13 shots. Kind of strange for a guy that lead Bentley in scoring last season. He just wasn’t aggressive in getting shots off and making scoring chances. I hope he gets back to the level he was at prior to this season, whether it is here or elsewhere.
                                I would guess he played on every single power play at Bentley snd I don’t remember him playing on any this past season.

also, I remember being infinitely more impressed with Nick at the Colby College game than I was with Scott. Nick was quick, could handle the puck and had moves. Obviously Scott improved and got used to hockey east a lot quicker than Nick.
                                Last edited by StillKIA2; 04-02-2024, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X