University of Maine Off-season 2024: Insert Pun Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OronoKO View Post
    It doesn't look like he's in the top 100 in scoring in his league.
    He was a select 17 national camp invite… https://teamusa.usahockey.com/2023boys17pdc

So he’s in pretty select company for his age group.

If you go here and sort by points per game you will see he was 6th at the U18 national tournament. This is pretty good indication he can score well in select company.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/leagu...-2024?sort=ppg

He was also a late 2nd round pick in qmjhl major junior. His USHL rights are owned by Waterloo. But he might have one more year of high school to complete at Mt. St. Charles.

Comment

• Recruits Malachi McKinnon and Poul Andersen won national 16u championship with Long Island Gulls. Here is a story where it talks about how McKinnon was team captain. https://nationals.usahockey.com/news...e/show/1306302

Comment

• If you go here and sort by points per game you will see Ronnie Hill was 6th at the U18 national tournament. This is pretty good indication he can score well in select company.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/leagu...-2024?sort=ppg

He was also a late 2nd round pick in qmjhl major junior. His USHL rights are owned by Waterloo. But he might have one more year of high school to complete at Mt. St. Charles.

Comment

• Tornqvist to Vermont

Comment

• Word on the street is that Josh is returning next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
              Word on the street is that Josh is returning next year.
              That would be great!

As a side not on recruiting… I noticed a player, Trenton Penner, committed to Alaska-Fairbanks. He is from Winkler, Manitoba. He is 6’2” and 190 lbs. He got MVP of the MJHL. I imagine he is a relative of Dustin Penner(also from Winkler).

Comment

• Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
                Word on the street is that Josh is returning next year.
                High probability of Breen returning at this point as well. Still expecting something else to happen any day.

Comment

• Originally posted by grooverider View Post

High probability of Breen returning at this point as well. Still expecting something else to happen any day.
                  If both of those things happen, combined with an impact transfer or two up front, we could be in good shape, and I may have to take back my previous statement that it could be a rough year next year.

Comment

• That game was insane. I'm no BU fan but that was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen.. did Denver pay off the refs

Comment

That game was insane. I'm no BU fan but that was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen.. did Denver pay off the refs
                      It was awful.

Comment

That game was insane. I'm no BU fan but that was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen.. did Denver pay off the refs
                        It was terrible. Let me get my violin.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

It was terrible. Let me get my violin.
                          Waiting for you to play for us lol

Comment

• Well I guess the longer it plays out that no official news that Breen and Nadeau have signed any type of pro contract bodes well for there return to Maine...but a word of caution on that...until it's stated there coming back ...I am still skeptical. But I hope the posters are correct.

Comment

• BC up 4-0 and dominating Michigan. It’ll be a BC vs. Denver match Saturday.

Comment

Waiting for you to play for us lol
                                Speaking of terrible...

Comment

Working...
                                X