No announcement yet.

University of Maine Off-season 2024: Insert Pun Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boija would have needed a shutout to win. Ostman didn't do Maine any favors but this was a team loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkee View Post

Agreed. Cheer for eastern teams once Maine is out.
      Except BU. Cheer for a meteor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkee View Post

Agreed. Cheer for eastern teams once Maine is out.

Cant cheer for big 10 and just dirty feeling to cheer for the last two HE teams standing. Cornel and or QU just need to get it done!!
        Last edited by NorthMike; 03-30-2024, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I had two predications at the beginning of the year.

1. Felix Trudeau would continue to struggle, not be the star Larry said he would be, and might be off the roster this off season. (I would say that was fairly accurate.)

2. Nick Niemo would have a 25 point season and would flourish in Orono. (Totally blew that one!!! He might be gone too!)

Although the 2024 class doesn't look as good as the 2023, 2025, and 2026 classes look so maybe they'll keep them around?

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
            Boija would have needed a shutout to win. Ostman didn't do Maine any favors but this was a team loss.
            Your right... TEAM LOSS.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
              This for sure, 1 goal ain't putting you in the win column very often.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

winners today and tomorrow, BC, Cornell, Michigan, Minnie

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  winners today and tomorrow, BC, Cornell, Michigan, Minnie
                  Close.

BC, Cornell, Michigan, BU

Comment

And I think Michigan counts as eastern school since they are in our time zone. So an all eastern final.

Comment

Watch the BU-Mini game or get my eyes gouged out with an ice cream scoop.

Decisions, decisions...

Comment

I feel like, given the incoming class, this is a year Barr is very active in the portal. Don’t think it’s a particularly hard sell given what’s currently in Orono and the trajectory of the program.

Comment

Cornell down 2-1 after 2.

Comment

Cornell misses wide open net to stay down one with couple minutes left.

Comment

Now I feel even worse about the loss to Cornell. UMass takes DU to 30 minutes of OT , should be tired legs and Cornell can't beat them. Oh well, I guess Cornell really isn't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Now I feel even worse about the loss to Cornell. UMass takes DU to 30 minutes of OT , should be tired legs and Cornell can't beat them. Oh well, I guess Cornell really isn't that good.
                                If Boija was able to play then likely Cornell doesn’t get those 3 easy ones. It is likely then a tight low scoring game. Maybe then the game changes and you don’t leave it thinking Cornell was so good. When your goalie gives up softies it affects how the team plays around him and it changes the flow of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X