Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Maine Off-season 2024: Insert Pun Here

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by grooverider View Post
    I'm hearing there may be another name or two coming to Maine from the portal.
    I think that Maine gets one of those star players in the portal....maybe not Wood but Maine would seem to be one of the better opportunities out there to have both individual and team success while playing to packed arena every night.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

      I think that Maine gets one of those star players in the portal....maybe not Wood but Maine would seem to be one of the better opportunities out there to have both individual and team success while playing to packed arena every night.
      I'm trying to find out who, all I was told is "upgrades will be made" and they are "not satisfied with how last year went" .. sounds like we have a new thread title: UMaine Hockey Offseason: The Barr has been set

      lol

      Comment


      • Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

        I think that Maine gets one of those star players in the portal....maybe not Wood but Maine would seem to be one of the better opportunities out there to have both individual and team success while playing to packed arena every night.
        McMahon said on Tw*tter that BU, along with "a few other Hockey East schools" are in the mix for Copponi from Merrimack. Would be a good add, have to think/hope Maine is one of those other HE schools.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by grooverider View Post

          I'm trying to find out who, all I was told is "upgrades will be made" and they are "not satisfied with how last year went" .. sounds like we have a new thread title: UMaine Hockey Offseason: The Barr has been set

          lol
          Who is they? I think Maine massively outperformed the talent they had. Only one team is happy at the end of the year but for anyone associated with Maine to be unsatisfied is completely nuts. I doubt there is a team in college hockey who doesn’t want to get better for next year.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

            Who is they?
            It's obvious who they are..you know..the guys who make the roster decisions.. unless you are trolling?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

              Who is they? I think Maine massively outperformed the talent they had. Only one team is happy at the end of the year but for anyone associated with Maine to be unsatisfied is completely nuts. I doubt there is a team in college hockey who doesn’t want to get better for next year.
              It’s pretty obvious that Barr wasn’t happy in his post game press conference after the loss in ncaa playoffs. I’m sure he was proud of what the team accomplished since they showed great improvement. But that doesn’t mean losing to Cornell sat well with him. He wants the team to be better so he needs to do what he can to make the roster better to start with. Then coach them and develop them to a better finish. Every indication is he isn’t happy with close, or we participated. Not sure we would want it any other way.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

                Who is they? I think Maine massively outperformed the talent they had. Only one team is happy at the end of the year but for anyone associated with Maine to be unsatisfied is completely nuts. I doubt there is a team in college hockey who doesn’t want to get better for next year.
                How can anyone out perform the talent they have?? If they won they had the talent to win.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                Comment


                • Originally posted by grooverider View Post

                  It's obvious who they are..you know..the guys who make the roster decisions.. unless you are trolling?
                  yes to trolling, its what he does.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                  Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sparkee View Post

                    It’s pretty obvious that Barr wasn’t happy in his post game press conference after the loss in ncaa playoffs. I’m sure he was proud of what the team accomplished since they showed great improvement. But that doesn’t mean losing to Cornell sat well with him. He wants the team to be better so he needs to do what he can to make the roster better to start with. Then coach them and develop them to a better finish. Every indication is he isn’t happy with close, or we participated. Not sure we would want it any other way.
                    The trio of Fowler/Russell/Makar is a solid upgrade over Trudeau/Pabich/Lindauer so already a good start to the offseason for Barr.

                    I have zero problem with Barr letting it be known that "just being there" isn't going to cut it, even if this team exceeded just about everyone's expectations this season.

                    That mindset should please everyone in this fanbase, even the most ardently cynical on here.

                    Comment


                    • Barr has a higher standard of success than Gendron (RIP) had.....Drew has a hard time admitting that.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sparkee View Post

                        It’s pretty obvious that Barr wasn’t happy in his post game press conference after the loss in ncaa playoffs. I’m sure he was proud of what the team accomplished since they showed great improvement. But that doesn’t mean losing to Cornell sat well with him. He wants the team to be better so he needs to do what he can to make the roster better to start with. Then coach them and develop them to a better finish. Every indication is he isn’t happy with close, or we participated. Not sure we would want it any other way.
                        You can be unhappy with the result and still appreciate everything the team gave. They worked their **** off for nine months or whatever it was and everyone should appreciate that. Obviously it’s on Barr to try to bring in more talent and hopefully next year will be better but when I hear the unhappy/unsatisfied/disappointed/whatever it really irritates me given how hard they all worked.

                        Edit: just to clarify, everyone had a right to be disappointed in the 2003 team for example. They had tons of talent and **** the bed, this team was a completely different situation. They made the most of what they had.
                        Last edited by Drew S.; 04-05-2024, 03:04 PM.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

                          You can be unhappy with the result and still appreciate everything the team gave. They worked their **** off for nine months or whatever it was and everyone should appreciate that. Obviously it’s on Barr to try to bring in more talent and hopefully next year will be better but when I hear the unhappy/unsatisfied/disappointed/whatever it really irritates me given how hard they all worked.

                          Edit: just to clarify, everyone had a right to be disappointed in the 2003 team for example. They had tons of talent and **** the bed, this team was a completely different situation. They made the most of what they had.
                          Seems like you love to argue even when you agree.

                          Comment


                          • There is a new transfer 5’9” 165 lbs addition from Ferris State by the coolest name of Luigi Benincasa. He has 3 years of eligibility left. He scored 23 points in 33 games, not bad for a rookie. I must admit I am a big fan of the nifty quick small forwards. But shouldn’t Maine have a Luigi on the roster?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Sparkee View Post
                              There is a new transfer 5’9” 165 lbs addition from Ferris State by the coolest name of Luigi Benincasa. He has 3 years of eligibility left. He scored 23 points in 33 games, not bad for a rookie. I must admit I am a big fan of the nifty quick small forwards. But shouldn’t Maine have a Luigi on the roster?
                              Only if they add a Mario as well.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sparkee View Post
                                There is a new transfer 5’9” 165 lbs addition from Ferris State by the coolest name of Luigi Benincasa. He has 3 years of eligibility left. He scored 23 points in 33 games, not bad for a rookie. I must admit I am a big fan of the nifty quick small forwards. But shouldn’t Maine have a Luigi on the roster?
                                Or....have Breen return for his 5th season...that would sound pretty good 2..!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X