University of Maine Off-season 2024: Insert Pun Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://goblackbears.com/news/2024/4...9Teeqb5XkPvoxk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Would love if we could get something similar to what Dayton 6th did this season for player trading cards. https://dayton6th.com/cards

I'm sure I'm not alone longing for the days of collecting the Black Bears team sets.

Comment

• BS about Bradly he could literally tell them to pound sand..see Cutter Gauthier.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

Would love if we could get something similar to what Dayton 6th did this season for player trading cards. https://dayton6th.com/cards

I'm sure I'm not alone longing for the days of collecting the Black Bears team sets.
          Bring back Garth's coloring book.

Comment

• Sounds like a good thing. Making it easier for local businesses to provide NIL money to our team.

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
              Wouldn’t be surprised if you guys land Joaquime Lemay from Omaha. He’s a hell of a player, would be a massive addition. He’s from Wuebec and wants to play closer to home
              Do you have a tweet or something? I checked McMahon Twitter and didn’t see anything on him. Sounds like a good defensemen.

Comment

• Looks like Makar is confirmed

Comment

• Originally posted by OronoKO View Post
                  Looks like Makar is confirmed
                  Just saw it on the Portal list.

Comment

I like it. Stats may not have been there but the kid can skate and brings compete and draft pedigree.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

I like it. Stats may not have been there but the kid can skate and brings compete and draft pedigree.
                      I think he will blossom under Barr's systems. I like it too.
                      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                        Exactly the type of player Maine should be targeting out of the portal. Really happy he's coming to Orono.

Comment

Curious why he went in portal with one year left to go. Maybe wants to experience the alfond before moving on. A good snag never the less.
                          Last edited by NorthMike; 04-04-2024, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Curious why he went in portal with one year left to go. A good snag never the less.
                            Sometimes players are nudged, I think. He was averaging 12.8min/game, so a 3rd/4th liner (Hanson averaged 12min/game for Maine). If he's on a lot of scholarship money, moving him on allows Carvel to use that money elsewhere. Numbers taken from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=689537449

Of course, he may just think he will get more opportunities at Maine and has jumped to improve his prospects of going good pro. While Maine may be sorry to see Houle go, his AHL deal is good for recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post

Curious why he went in portal with one year left to go. Maybe wants to experience the alfond before moving on. A good snag never the less.
                              Well, the portal hasn't made much sense in any sport so far. Guys are bailing right and left for no discernible reason. Really hard to say if Maine (or anyone) can figure it out.

I'd have to think that it'll end up benefiting the blue-bloods and the more recently successful programs than it will Maine, though.

Comment

Sometimes players are nudged, I think. He was averaging 12.8min/game, so a 3rd/4th liner (Hanson averaged 12min/game for Maine). If he's on a lot of scholarship money, moving him on allows Carvel to use that money elsewhere. Numbers taken from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=689537449

Of course, he may just think he will get more opportunities at Maine and has jumped to improve his prospects of going good pro. While Maine may be sorry to see Houle go, his AHL deal is good for recruiting.
                                Interesting spreadsheet. Your getting deep into the weeds with this sort of thing. Nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X