No announcement yet.

2024 Pairwise and Tournament Qualification Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second ECAC team in. Masssachusetts out (I think. Currently 14th, and no one above them is likely to fall below them.) That makes things easier for the Committee.

I agree with ticapnews. It looks like Minnesota v Omaha in Sioux Falls.

Big 10 will have MSU at either a #1 or a #2, and then 2 of Minn, Wisc and Mich also as #2s. The other a #3.

Also, Omaha leads NoDak right now, which could knock NoDak out of a #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by QuasiCosmos View Post
      And,unfortunately, they've ruined some team's national tournament hopes.
      If that team is Umass, it's not unfortunate at all (well for them it is)
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Pretty shocking only 3 hockey east teams will end up getting in. Providence and UMass just had 2 pretty rough months down the stretch

Comment

• Third straight season dancing. I'll take it!
          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• UMass can still get into the national tournament if Cornell wins the ECAC.

ETA:

User-Specified Results
            • CCHA Championship: Bemidji State def. Michigan Tech
            • ECAC Semifinal #2: Cornell def. Dartmouth
            • ECAC Championship: Cornell def. St. Lawrence
            • Hockey East Semifinal #2: Maine def. Boston University
            • Hockey East Championship: Maine def. Boston College
            • Atlantic Hockey Championship: RIT def. American Int'l
            • Big Ten Championship: Michigan def. Michigan State
            • NCHC Semifinal #1: Omaha def. North Dakota
            • NCHC Semifinal #2: Denver def. St. Cloud State
            • NCHC Championship: Denver def. Omaha
            Last edited by ticapnews; 03-22-2024, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              UMass can still get into the national tournament if Cornell wins the ECAC.
              Not in every case. Depends on NCHC results. IF Omaha hangs on to beat NoDak, UMass gets in only if Denver wins the NCHC.
              Last edited by Numbers; 03-22-2024, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Numbers View Post

Not in every case. Depends on NCHC results. IF Omaha hangs on to beat NoDak, UMass gets in only if Denver wins the NCHC.
                Right, but people are throwing dirt on the grave and UMass is still breathing.

Comment

• 6-3 Omaha. UND about to choke away a top seed and a regional in its own backyard.
                  ​​

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Right, but people are throwing dirt on the grave and UMass is still breathing.
                    Now that Omaha has beaten NoDak, can you get UMass in with anything other than Cornell and Denver winning their Conference Tourneys?

Comment

• Pairwise Predictor getting a workout this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Numbers View Post

Now that Omaha has beaten NoDak, can you get UMass in with anything other than Cornell and Denver winning their Conference Tourneys?
                        All you need is a chip and a chair. Just ask Doyle Brunson and the UMD Bulldogs.
                        Last edited by ticapnews; 03-22-2024, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• UMass fate is on a knife edge. CC's RPI comparison with UMass moves just enough that things like......If St L plays Dartmouth tomorrow, who wins affects the Mass/CC comparison.
                          Denver's results also affect it. Very tight RPI compare there.

As an example....Denver winning the NCHC, and Dartmouth winning the ECAC gets UMass in.

Comment

• Darmouth leading Cornell. What is going on in the ECAC?

Comment

• Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                              Darmouth leading Cornell. What is going on in the ECAC?
                              Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

Comment

• Cornell with two in :50 to take a 4-3 lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X