2024 Pairwise and Tournament Qualification Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 Pairwise and Tournament Qualification Thread

Maybe a few weeks early, because we can all follow the PWR and see what's happening, but I thought it was an interesting time to start this, since the bubble of the PWR currently looks like this (Saturday Feb 10 after MIN-PSU went final):

12: Providence.......RPI = 5584
    13: Michigan..........RPI = 5570
    14(t): Cornell.........RPI = 5563
    14(t): St Cloud.......RPI = 5562

That is so close in the RPI that between Mich, Corn and SCSU it could go back and forth even based on other teams' games all night.

Anyone have comments on remaining schedules?
    Predictions?

Prediction?

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
      Maybe a few weeks early, because we can all follow the PWR and see what's happening, but I thought it was an interesting time to start this, since the bubble of the PWR currently looks like this (Saturday Feb 10 after MIN-PSU went final):

12: Providence.......RPI = 5584
      13: Michigan..........RPI = 5570
      14(t): Cornell.........RPI = 5563
      14(t): St Cloud.......RPI = 5562

That is so close in the RPI that between Mich, Corn and SCSU it could go back and forth even based on other teams' games all night.

Anyone have comments on remaining schedules?
      Predictions?
      Yup A Northeastern win over BU and one win at Maine pushes the into the top 15

Comment

To keep this from getting lost, because I am sure we will need it later....

Right now there is a large gap between #9 and #10 in the PWR. I suppose, therefore, that the following are fairly clear at this point:

BC, NoDak, and BU will get #1 seeds, which means that NoDak goes to Sioux Falls.
        Wisc, Mich State, Maine and Denver will race for the other #1
        Minn and Quinn are almost sure to make the field in one fashion or another, with the likely high limit for each being a #2 seed.

Then, the trouble comes in:
        U-Mass, WestMich, Providence, St Cloud, Cornell, Michigan and Colo Coll all have high enough RPIs that each has a good chance at one of the at-large bids.

Very likely, New Hampshire and Omaha and anyone else below them will need to win their conference tournament.

And, CCHA and AHA will be one-bid conferences.

Comment

Quick! Lets get the Independents Conference started with a tournament!

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
            To keep this from getting lost, because I am sure we will need it later....

Right now there is a large gap between #9 and #10 in the PWR. I suppose, therefore, that the following are fairly clear at this point:

BC, NoDak, and BU will get #1 seeds, which means that NoDak goes to Sioux Falls.
            Wisc, Mich State, Maine and Denver will race for the other #1
            Minn and Quinn are almost sure to make the field in one fashion or another, with the likely high limit for each being a #2 seed.

Then, the trouble comes in:
            U-Mass, WestMich, Providence, St Cloud, Cornell, Michigan and Colo Coll all have high enough RPIs that each has a good chance at one of the at-large bids.

Very likely, New Hampshire and Omaha and anyone else below them will need to win their conference tournament.

And, CCHA and AHA will be one-bid conferences.
            One week later, and nothing much has really changed.

Comment

March 2 in the morning, and the only thing really clarified is that Cornell has fallen out of the race for at-large bids.
              Also, Maine no longer is in real consideration for a #1.

So...
              BC, BU, NoDak will be #1s.
              Wisc, Denver and MichState are the candidates for the last #1 seed
              Minnesota, Quinnipiac and Maine will be in the field.
              U-Mass, Prov, WestMich, St Cloud, Colo Coll, Michigan all candidates for at-large bids.

Everyone else.....win your conference tournament.

Comment

Working...
              X