Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kahunak
    replied
    The big OOC games are going to be against Cornell and then probably ASU. If they can win those games, then their prospects look good. They better play well against UAA.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Hanson
    replied
    There are no easy wins in HE this season. It would help the cause if they would cut back on the brain dead penalties. Two for embellishing?

It’s on to UAA. A sweep would greatly help with their post season aspirations.

Leave a comment:

• kahunak
    replied
    C'mon. Vermont? 1-1-1. UMASS is still a work in progress.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Hanson
    replied
    I wouldn’t call him a sieve. The 4th goal they let the Harvard player go end-to-end virtually untouched. It was practically a breakaway. The 2nd goal, a PP goal with the shooter alone in the slot. The first goal looked a little soft but Hrabel might’ve been screened.

I can’t remember the 3rd goal any longer. The 5th was bad, but he might have been sleeping because nearly all of the 3rd period was played in the Harvard end until that dumb penalty at the end that nearly cost them the win.

Hrabel should be fine. It’s the occasional sloppy play in their own end of that needs to be cleaned up, along with the dumb penalties. That said, I bet Brady gets the start on Friday.
    Last edited by Jack Hanson; 11-29-2023, 09:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kahunak
    replied
    So the success this year will be dependent if Hrabal is on? His inconsistency is astounding. One game he is a wall, the next a sieve? I hope he can figure this out. Maybe it's just being a freshman and getting used to school and hockey. Hope he can figure it out. Brady needs to be ready every game.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Hanson
    replied
    It was another grinder of a game. That’s the way Carvel likes them. For a fan with no rooting interest probably hard to watch. Those announcers were very good, which was a nice change from those 2 unprepared buffoons that covered the Providence game last week.

I’m not sure what is going on with Hrabel. Reading too many press clippings? I would only fault him for goals 2 and 5. That last one was so bad I’m sure he’s going to be sitting next week vs UVM.

I wish there was a little more firepower in the lineup. And the defense can be shaky at times. But otherwise a lot for a UMass fan to like.

Leave a comment:

• Skate79
    replied
    Originally posted by kahunak View Post
    The Harvard game should be an interesting contest. Not sure where either school stands at this point in the season. My gut tells me that UMASS wins but my gut is a poor predictor of things. Hope the Minutemen comes out strong.
    Your gut was spot on. It was men against boys. You guys seemed to be on a game-long power play with how you controlled the puck in our zone. Had it not been for your starting goalie, the game would have been a rout. We're just too young and inexperienced to give anyone from HE a worthwhile game. I shudder to think about Sunday against BC.

Leave a comment:

• PullTheGoalie
    replied
    4 good seats to UMass @ Harvard today.
    sec 3 row H. 4 together. I can text the seats.
    $100.
    Jjj209k@comcast.net

Leave a comment:

• kahunak
    replied
    The Harvard game should be an interesting contest. Not sure where either school stands at this point in the season. My gut tells me that UMASS wins but my gut is a poor predictor of things. Hope the Minutemen comes out strong.

Leave a comment:

• Skate79
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack Hanson View Post

I don’t think so. You’re thinking of Maine there.

While I’m here, I just noticed that Suniev was originally committed to Harvard. I’m hoping he’ll be extra motivated, especially coming back from the game misconduct.

https://umassathletics.com/sports/mh...-university/11
    Yup, you're right. We lost to you guys in the NCAA quarters in 2019, 4-0. Should have checked the record book instead of relying on memory.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Hanson
    replied
    Originally posted by Skate79 View Post

We played you guys in the NCAA quarters back in 2004.
    I don’t think so. You’re thinking of Maine there.

While I’m here, I just noticed that Suniev was originally committed to Harvard. I’m hoping he’ll be extra motivated, especially coming back from the game misconduct.

https://umassathletics.com/sports/mh...-university/11
    Last edited by Jack Hanson; 11-21-2023, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Skate79
    replied
    Originally posted by kahunak View Post
    Good bounce back from disappointed loss to Vermont. Sweeping the Friars was certainly unexpected. I guess Hrabal just had a bad game against Vermont but bounced back with string performances this weekend. Ufko is coming into his own with a strong showing this weekend. Harvard next. Can't remember the last time UMASS played them. GO UMASS!
    We played you guys in the NCAA quarters back in 2004.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Hanson
    replied
    3/29/2019. A 4-0 win for the good guys. They’ve only faced each other 4 times.

Leave a comment:

• kahunak
    replied
    Good bounce back from disappointed loss to Vermont. Sweeping the Friars was certainly unexpected. I guess Hrabal just had a bad game against Vermont but bounced back with string performances this weekend. Ufko is coming into his own with a strong showing this weekend. Harvard next. Can't remember the last time UMASS played them. GO UMASS!

Leave a comment:

• Jack Hanson
    replied
    It was a slog fest. Hard for either team to find much space. The Minutemen dominated the third period and deserved the win.

Even though the grad students picked up a couple of assists I haven’t been impressed with any of them. Two of them bungled badly leading to the second Providence goal. And did Liam even suit up? He’s been racking up alot of penalties lately.

And Owen Murray is a liability in the defensive zone.

And while I’m *****ing, those announcers sucked big time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X