Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That PW predictor is pretty good. There are 3 paths to the NCAA’s:

1. Beat BC in the HEA semifinals
    2. Denver beats St Cloud in the NCHC semifinals.
    3. Quinnipiac wins 2 games to win the ECAC championship.

Any one of the three things happen, the Minutemen are in,
    Last edited by Jack Hanson; 03-19-2024, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Hanson View Post
      That PW predictor is pretty good. There are 3 paths to the NCAA’s:

1. Beat BC in the HEA semifinals
      2. Denver beats St Cloud in the NCHC semifinals.
      3. Quinnipiac wins 2 games to win the ECAC championship.

Any one of the three things happen, the Minutemen are in,
      If none of those 3 happen there is still a way to get in but St Cloud must lose in the final and Cornell must win the ECAC. Not sure of any others but you may want to check.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post

If none of those 3 happen there is still a way to get in but St Cloud must lose in the final and Cornell must win the ECAC. Not sure of any others but you may want to check.
        You’re right, I see it now.

If Dartmouth somehow beats Cornell and Quinnipiac to take the ECAC, the Minutemen would be out.

St Cloud can beat Denver, as long as they play UND next. A matchup with Omaha, regardless of the outcome, would also finish off the Minutemen.

Both of the above assume BC beats UMass.

A lot of “if’s”. Beat BC or hope St Cloud loses on Friday and I’ll sleep better.

Comment

It would make my day to beat BC!!!

Comment

I’ll be taping both games, but jeez Louise , John Doyle effs up every article he posts on uscho.com. BC/UMass is the early game.

Comment

Oof. Men against boys. And if Omaha holds on versus Denver the Minutemen’s season is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Hanson View Post
                Oof. Men against boys. And if Omaha holds on versus Denver the Minutemen’s season is over.
                Good thing Omaha is playing North Dakota then!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Those Nacho teams all look alike. Plus I’m still a little shell shocked at the moment.

Excuse me while I go draw a mustache on a picture of Rand Pecknold. And maybe some eyeglasses on a picture of Michael Hrabel.

Comment

Bowling Green guy here pulling for our new MAC brother. Get it done, guys.

Comment

Carvy and the team should be embarrassed. Actually though this is not that surprising. They struggled against some mediocre teams this year and when they went up against motivated top teams, they crumbled. Carvy needs to take a good hard look in the mirror. One has to wonder if all the recruiting success UMASS had was all Barr (who is doing a tremendous job in Orono). Or maybe UMASS was just a flash in the pan. Its been this way for a couple of years. I hope something changes in Amherst.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Good effort, opposite girl! Want to try again with Denver-St Cloud? ;-)

UMass needs Denver to win the LTHC and the Dartmouth-Cornell winner in the EZAC final tomorrow night. That knocks CC out and sends the Minutemen to Springfield as host.
                        ​​​​​

Comment

Bronco Hockey Fan ran all 32 possible scenarios

01. Cornell, RIT, BC, Sparty, Omaha............CC 498 > UMASS 496
                          02. Cornell, RIT, BC, Sparty, Denver............UMASS 497 > CC 493 - CORNELL 12th
                          03. Cornell, RIT, BC, Michigan, Omaha.........CC 500 > UMASS 499
                          04. Cornell, RIT, BC, Michigan, Denver.........UMASS 500 > CC 497
                          05. Cornell, RIT, BU, Sparty, Omaha............CC 498 > UMASS 494
                          06. Cornell, RIT, BU, Sparty, Denver.............UMASS 495 > CC 494 - CORNELL 12th
                          07. Cornell, RIT, BU, Michigan, Omaha.........CC 500 > UMASS 497
                          08. Cornell, RIT, BU, Michigan, Denver..........UMASS 498 > CC 497

09. Cornell, AIC, BC, Sparty, Omaha............CC 499 > UMASS 497
                          10. Cornell, AIC, BC, Sparty, Denver.............UMASS 498 > CC 495 - CORNELL 12th
                          11. Cornell, AIC, BC, Michigan, Omaha.........UMASS 501 = CC 501 - (tied RPI!!! Says UMass "wins")
                          12. Cornell, AIC, BC, Michigan, Denver..........UMASS 502 > CC 497
                          13. Cornell, AIC, BU, Sparty, Omaha.............CC 499 > UMASS 496 - CORNELL 13th/12th? (tied 522 w/ WMU, but says WMU "wins")
                          14. Cornell, AIC, BU, Sparty, Denver.............UMASS 497 > CC 495 - CORNELL 12th
                          15. Cornell, AIC, BU, Michigan, Omaha..........CC 501 > UMASS 500
                          16. Cornell, AIC, BU, Michigan, Denver..........UMASS 500 > CC 498

17. SLU, RIT, BC, Sparty, Omaha..................CC 498 > UMASS 493
                          18. SLU, RIT, BC, Sparty, Denver..................UMASS 494 = CC 494 - (tied RPI!!! Says UMass "wins")
                          19. SLU, RIT, BC, Michigan, Omaha...............CC 500 > UMASS 496
                          20. SLU, RIT, BC, Michigan, Denver...............CC 497 = UMASS 497 - (tied RPI!!! Says CC "wins")
                          21. SLU, RIT, BU, Sparty, Omaha..................CC 498 > UMASS 491
                          22. SLU, RIT, BU, Sparty, Denver..................CC 494 > UMASS 492
                          23. SLU, RIT, BU, Michigan, Omaha..............CC 500 > UMASS 494
                          24. SLU, RIT, BU, Michigan, Denver...............CC 497 > UMASS 495

25. SLU, AIC, BC, Sparty, Omaha.................CC 499 > UMASS 494
                          26. SLU, AIC, BC, Sparty, Denver..................UMASS 495 = CC 495 - (tied RPI!!! Says UMass "wins")
                          27. SLU, AIC, BC, Michigan, Omaha..............CC 501 > UMASS 498
                          28. SLU, AIC, BC, Michigan, Denver...............UMASS 499 > CC 498
                          29. SLU, AIC, BU, Sparty, Omaha..................CC 500 > UMASS 493
                          30. SLU, AIC, BU, Sparty, Denver..................CC 495 > UMASS 494
                          31. SLU, AIC, BU, Michigan, Omaha...............CC 501 > UMASS 497
                          32. SLU, AIC, BU, Michigan, Denver...............CC 498 > UMASS 497

Comment

Well it looks like the Minutemen limped into the tournament. I think it is representative of how they played all year long. Nothing inspirational, winning when they absolutely had to, losing (or getting blown out) by better teams. Guess I shouldn't complain since so many other schools (Providence) would be celebrating getting it. I just can't seem to get excited about their prospects. Carvy and the team need to clear their heads and become inspired to do something special. Playing in Springfield will certainly help but will it be enough? Hoping UMASS catches fire and goes on a run.

Comment

Originally posted by kahunak View Post
                              Well it looks like the Minutemen limped into the tournament. I think it is representative of how they played all year long. Nothing inspirational, winning when they absolutely had to, losing (or getting blown out) by better teams. Guess I shouldn't complain since so many other schools (Providence) would be celebrating getting it. I just can't seem to get excited about their prospects. Carvy and the team need to clear their heads and become inspired to do something special. Playing in Springfield will certainly help but will it be enough? Hoping UMASS catches fire and goes on a run.
                              Hrabel is the key, he was shaky last game. He needs to play virtually perfect for them to win.

Comment

I think it is likely Maine fans will be on UMass side for this first game cheering for the underdog. It is how I feel. Denver beat Maine in a final at Boston and that stung, so not cheering for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X