Clear All

• kahunak
    replied
    It would make my day to beat BC!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jack Hanson
    replied
    Originally posted by BC/HE View Post

If none of those 3 happen there is still a way to get in but St Cloud must lose in the final and Cornell must win the ECAC. Not sure of any others but you may want to check.
    You’re right, I see it now.

If Dartmouth somehow beats Cornell and Quinnipiac to take the ECAC, the Minutemen would be out.

St Cloud can beat Denver, as long as they play UND next. A matchup with Omaha, regardless of the outcome, would also finish off the Minutemen.

Both of the above assume BC beats UMass.

A lot of “if’s”. Beat BC or hope St Cloud loses on Friday and I’ll sleep better.

Leave a comment:

• BC/HE
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack Hanson View Post
    That PW predictor is pretty good. There are 3 paths to the NCAA’s:

1. Beat BC in the HEA semifinals
    2. Denver beats St Cloud in the NCHC semifinals.
    3. Quinnipiac wins 2 games to win the ECAC championship.

Any one of the three things happen, the Minutemen are in,
    If none of those 3 happen there is still a way to get in but St Cloud must lose in the final and Cornell must win the ECAC. Not sure of any others but you may want to check.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Hanson
    replied
    That PW predictor is pretty good. There are 3 paths to the NCAA’s:

1. Beat BC in the HEA semifinals
    2. Denver beats St Cloud in the NCHC semifinals.
    3. Quinnipiac wins 2 games to win the ECAC championship.

Any one of the three things happen, the Minutemen are in,
    Last edited by Jack Hanson; 03-19-2024, 06:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kahunak
    replied
    Good win today at Providence though I hope the Friars somehow make it into the tournament. Can Hrabal carry the Minuteman a couple of more games...I'm hoping the defense goes into shut down mode. BU/BC are going to be tough to hold down. GO UMASS!

Leave a comment:

• Jack Hanson
    replied
    Originally posted by BC/HE View Post

And to think I rooted for UMass as strongly as any of your fans during your 2 championship final games. Wash your mouth with soap please!
    LOL. Maybe I’ll have a third gin and tonic instead.

If it comes to it, I’ll be rooting for all the HEA teams. BC-Maine, if gets there, I’m going with Maine.

Leave a comment:

• BC/HE
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack Hanson View Post
    Last time I posted we needed 9 of 12 points. We only snagged 4. So here we are. Two wins might be enough from here. Not holding my breath on getting even one more. Providence outplayed the Minutemen last time they met, even if the final score said otherwise.

This season was an improvement over last regardless of how it plays out from here. The problem is that they are losing their entire top 6 defensemen , assuming Ufco and Morrow forgo their season year. Expect a slew of defensemen coming in via the portal next year.

Go HEA from here on out, except for BC of course. A loss to the 16 seed would be sweet for the worst fanboys in New England.
    And to think I rooted for UMass as strongly as any of your fans during your 2 championship final games. Wash your mouth with soap please!

Leave a comment:

• Jack Hanson
    replied
    Last time I posted we needed 9 of 12 points. We only snagged 4. So here we are. Two wins might be enough from here. Not holding my breath on getting even one more. Providence outplayed the Minutemen last time they met, even if the final score said otherwise.

This season was an improvement over last regardless of how it plays out from here. The problem is that they are losing their entire top 6 defensemen , assuming Ufco and Morrow forgo their season year. Expect a slew of defensemen coming in via the portal next year.

Go HEA from here on out, except for BC of course. A loss to the 16 seed would be sweet for the worst fanboys in New England.

Leave a comment:

• kahunak
    replied
    Big weekend series against Maine. Need to at least split. UMASS shouldn't even need to be in this position but all their weak losses are killing them. If they lose both, who know what happens. GO UMASS!

Leave a comment:

• Jack Hanson
    replied
    UNH postmortem, Lowell look ahead:

https://www.recorder.com/UMass-Lowel...eview-54214863

Leave a comment:

• Jack Hanson
    replied
    Two weeks left. We need to take 9 of the 12 remaining points. Anything less and there probably won’t be a postseason. If they can’t sweep last place Lowell then they don’t deserve it anyway.

in other news Cole Brady’s rights were traded to Dallas as part of the Tanev deal.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Hanson
    replied
    Best preview of the UNH series that you’ll find. South of the border anyway:

https://www.recorder.com/UMass-hocke...t-UNH-54149363

Leave a comment:

• Jack Hanson
    replied
    It would have been nice to pickup a couple of points this weekend. Ah well.

I think they need to go at least 5-1 the remainder of the regular season if they want to have a chance to continue playing. Anything less and fuggedaboutit. Carvel keeps saying they are close. How about a cigar for a change.

Taylor Makar has been the invisible man for most of the season. He’s supposed to be one of the leaders of this team. Time to step up.
    Last edited by Jack Hanson; 02-19-2024, 09:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gambs
    replied
    Boy, the wheels fell off on the third period today!

Leave a comment:

• kahunak
    replied
    Good weekend against UCONN and UMASS seems to be on a bit of a roll. Hope they can continue. Couple of games against BC this weekend- will need some strong play in goal. Then UNH and they close the year against Maine. Strong schedule to end the year which will determine if they are for real.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X