BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Did anyone get a good look at the disallowed goal? Was it goalie interference? Random thoughts: $13 beers? Gonna start bmob. PA system still screwed up. Men's room behind student section was filthy 45 minutes before the game. Half the sinks in there don't work and one of them is leaking all over causing a fall hazard. Get your **** together Tsongas facilities team!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
        Did anyone get a good look at the disallowed goal? Was it goalie interference? Random thoughts: $13 beers? Gonna start bmob. PA system still screwed up. Men's room behind student section was filthy 45 minutes before the game. Half the sinks in there don't work and one of them is leaking all over causing a fall hazard. Get your **** together Tsongas facilities team!
        From what I was told, the skate was barely in the crease, so technically the right call. Yeah, the beer prices have gone insane, a Fiddlehead Double was $16. That's Gillette Stadium prices.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          From what I was told, the skate was barely in the crease, so technically the right call.
          From the rule book...Rule 73.1
          However, an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances, be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if an attacking player, either by positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to defend the goal.

What did you say?
          Who own the Chiefs?
          What did he say?
          Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
            We were sitting behind the scorekeeper’s box and can see clearly the monitor and what the refs were looking at

There was clearly from the overhead camera the skater was in the crease or blue area and some minor contact between the skater and goalie

They replayed it a number of times in the booth and reached a clear conclusion that the skater was impeding the goalie by having parts of his skates and body in the crease
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

We were sitting behind the scorekeeper’s box and can see clearly the monitor and what the refs were looking at

There was clearly from the overhead camera the skater was in the crease or blue area and some minor contact between the skater and goalie

They replayed it a number of times in the booth and reached a clear conclusion that the skater was impeding the goalie by having parts of his skates and body in the crease
              Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

BULL$HIT! BULL$HIT! BULL$HIT!

JK, thanks I was on other side of the ice and it didn't make the video.

Comment

6 goals scored over the last four games. But go ahead and call out your own fans for saying the offense isn't good enough. When you're actually playing league games and can't score ... maybe the lack of offense that some of us foresaw is a real problem?

Overall, playing the #1 team in the country and losing twice 3-2 isn't a terrible result. It's not like we didn't look like we belonged. But just more frustrating penalties.
                  I am going to call it out, again. The number 1 team in the country, with all the draft capital, with all the scoring power, with all the talent… when BC were playing 5v5 vs Lowell, Lowell out scored them and created a massive amount of havoc.

No Stella, No Owens, No Fowler, No Blanchard.

three top forwards out, top 4 d man out.

I will give you the stupid penalties, that was a travesty.
                  "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                  make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post

I am going to call it out, again. The number 1 team in the country, with all the draft capital, with all the scoring power, with all the talent… when BC were playing 5v5 vs Lowell, Lowell out scored them and created a massive amount of havoc.

No Stella, No Owens, No Fowler, No Blanchard.

three top forwards out, top 4 d man out.

I will give you the stupid penalties, that was a travesty.
                    I like the guys you mentioned, but Stella has 13 points in 36 games last year, Fowler 12 in 33, Owen 2 in 22. I'd expect each to be better with an additional year in college hockey under their hats, but "top forwards?" I mean, maybe that's the problem. We need more scorers like Gamby and CJ. As Patman's stats showed above, this is currently one of the worst offenses in college hockey and was last year as well. I think most of us expected good play on defense and in net, but if we can't score ... we're going to lose a lot of games like the three of the last four we've lost.
                    Last edited by UMLFan; 11-07-2023, 09:14 AM.
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

We picked up another defenseman today ok.

Comment

I like the guys you mentioned, but Stella has 13 points in 36 games last year, Fowler 12 in 33, Owen 2 in 22. I'd expect each to be better with an additional year in college hockey under their hats, but "top forwards?" I mean, maybe that's the problem. We need more scorers like Gamby and CJ. As Patman's stats showed above, this is currently one of the worst offenses in college hockey and was last year as well. I think most of us expected good play on defense and in net, but if we can't score ... we're going to lose a lot of games like the three of the last four we've lost.
                        Its more the warning flare in that scorers don't want to play here. Possibly because they don't think they can develop here. Unsure. Either way perception is reality in that it doesn't matter what reality you live in (I think Bazin's plans produce winning play) if you like to score and value yourself on that ability it is going to be a hard sell to commit to a defensive counter attack system.

In all these things, I think Norm can take almost every coach in the country's players and produce a better result. But if you can't get them to campus that's the problem. : (
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

Its more the warning flare in that scorers don't want to play here. Possibly because they don't think they can develop here. Unsure. Either way perception is reality in that it doesn't matter what reality you live in (I think Bazin's plans produce winning play) if you like to score and value yourself on that ability it is going to be a hard sell to commit to a defensive counter attack system.

In all these things, I think Norm can take almost every coach in the country's players and produce a better result. But if you can't get them to campus that's the problem. : (
                          I think that's a part of it to be honest. You saw it with Matt Brown. Not every forward wants to play in such a defensive system.

For those of you long-timers (which I think includes all of us in this group), a nice article about alum Greg Koehler in the Athletic. Lowell's only barely mentioned, but still a good read.
                          Monty

Comment

Well the D system doesn’t cut it norm needs to b more creative not going to win much nice crowds but we all know what we want wins now Vermont, Maine, Merrimack, UNH, all waving at us

Comment

When did you get rid of the fried dough concession?????????????? That was the best part of going to Tsongas. Also, no more Jasmine? Not sure how I’m going to break that to mookie.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                When did you get rid of the fried dough concession?????????????? That was the best part of going to Tsongas. Also, no more Jasmine? Not sure how I’m going to break that to mookie.
                                Fried Dough never returned after covid I think. Mookie need not worry. Jasmine still does the games, she must be off tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X