Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey 2023-2024 Season Thread - End Of The Cellar-Dweller Era??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

That would be an incredibly weak statement of the value of renewing the current coach for a year, much less three years.

A real D-1 head coach, in charge of a traditionally strong national program, competing in arguably the most competitive D-1 conference in the country, should be able to find a way to a win and a tie in these two games. Didn't BC just lose their Beanpot semi to BU? Why are we acting like they're unbeatable in February?? I don't see Jerry York behind their bench. IF these predicted results turn out anywhere near the reality of this coming weekend, I'd be despondent. Especially an OT tie against the 'Mack (even though I pretty much predicted this catastrophic outcome around this time last week) ...

... so I come to the conclusion you've bought the party line, and believe MS7 gets (over)renewed because of his purported fundraising prowess? Maybe if he and TDL are such tight buddies, MS7 can take over the McIntyre project in Portsmouth for him once our steely-eyed AD Rich thanks him for his services, and wishes him luck in his future endeavors away from Durham??

Friday: UNH 3 BC 1
    Saturday: UNH 4 MC 1

NOW is the time to put the pedal to the metal, and make a statement of true intent for UNH. If not, get someone in who can next year ...
    Fire me up!!! I'm ready to run through a brick wall. Although the chances of holding BC to 1 goal is very slim.

Comment

• Wow, great replies to my sarcastic post. I obviously need to up the level in my sarcasm going forward.

Comment

• Well Chuck I have always been a 'pragmatic' kind of fan and am applying that to my views on MS7's renewal possibilities. Not sure I've 'bought into'
        anything to be honest, just my take on the situation. It helps his cause that the team has had a better season as of late and we'll see how
        things go down this tough stretch.

According to this short vid, UNH goes into tonight's game with the Beagles as definite 'underdogs' and sometimes underdogs win big games. Checking myself,
        it's not out of the realm of possibilities that UNH can beat them, it happens all the time and this sport seems to garner more upsets than most others?

And if they don't beat MC (regardless of the score) I will be more than despondent, ha!

I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Well lines are up and the boys are back.
          While not predicting a win I always love our chances with BC. They seem to let us play our wide

Comment

• GO 'Cats!! BU is pulling for you!

Comment

• Wide open run and gun game until the third period and then….
              (Not sure what happened up above.)

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                Well lines are up and the boys are back.
                While not predicting a win I always love our chances with BC. They seem to let us play our wide
                Not sure what happened up there.
                wide open run and gun game until the third and then the hammer can come…..

Comment

Yeah I hear that! Where did you see the lineup? Go 'Cats!
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-09-2024, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Friday: UNH 3 BC 1
                    Saturday: UNH 4 MC 1

NOW is the time to put the pedal to the metal, and make a statement of true intent for UNH. If not, get someone in who can next year ...
                    Trust that these predictions are not sarcasm but rather unbridled optimism.

UNH is 5-13-1 vs Eagles since December 2014, but we won 5-2 at Conte on 15 January 2022 and 4-3 in OT at Conte on 8 January 2021.

Comment

Where is the line pairings posted?

Comment

• They are always on HE site. Go to Friday Mens and after the team pairings they have a segment on each game. This is usually posted after noon and the line typically around 5 but sometimes earlier.

Comment

They are always on HE site. Go to Friday Mens and after the team pairings they have a segment on each game. This is usually posted after noon and the line typically around 5 but sometimes earlier.
                          Looks like Moose is still hurt, not sure how long he will be out. I will have to investigate. I am glad Fitzy is back in, we need to further ruin the GAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post

Looks like Moose is still hurt, not sure how long he will be out. I will have to investigate. I am glad Fitzy is back in, we need to further ruin the GAA.
                            Yes I am quoting myself. Fitzy is -4, the worse +/- on the team. Meanwhile Babbo is +5 in 4 less games which is 7th on the team.

Comment

• what's with us giving up goals right away? Is it a lack of focus? So frustrating checking the score not even a couple minutes in and already trailing.

Comment

• Like shooting fish in a barrel!

Comment

Working...
                                X