Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey 2023-2024 Season Thread - End Of The Cellar-Dweller Era??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Well, I guess you could make that argument that the 'Gutt has UNH's number (or whatever). But seriously? It's not like it's Alfond. Now THAT...is a hard place to play.
    UNH hasn't done well on the road and as of late, we've seen some dependable scorers go silent.

Like Mr. HR says, how do you win 5 zip one night and only score 2 goals in your next two games? He's got a point...we don't agree on politics (this is an interesting household)
    but we do see eye to eye where the 'Cats are concerned...haha.

Didn't seem like there were that many people there last night; maybe tonight the place will be filled. Regardless, agree with Norbert that under performance
    is the reason UNH has lost the last 2.

It happens I guess...
    UNH leading the all-time series with UVM 83-31-11 adds to the motivation for UVM.
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post

UNH leading the all-time series with UVM 83-31-11 adds to the motivation for UVM.
      Well at the rate we're going with them its only a matter of time before they catch up haha! (I'm not being serious)
      but as was pointed out by JB in recent years we've been just over 50% with them I believe?

You've said so yourself...win the games you should. Oh well, onward. I think I reinforce the definition of
      insanity when I expect things to be different than they are, and, they usually aren't. I always take my sister
      to this game and she was at my house when they beat RIT in OT...she said "I've never seen them win".

Maybe tonight she gets that chance...
      Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-27-2024, 08:51 AM.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Not sure I agree with that one, e.cat. If that were the case, UNH should be jumping out of the building with intensity every time they face BU ... and I for one haven't seen that on a consistent basis.

Nope, I'm afraid UNH has yet again fallen afoul of their long-standing affliction with F33.9 ...
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Not sure I agree with that one, e.cat. If that were the case, UNH should be jumping out of the building with intensity every time they face BU ... and I for one haven't seen that on a consistent basis.

Nope, I'm afraid UNH has yet again fallen afoul of their long-standing affliction with F33.9 ...
          Yeah the BU series is the flip side of the UVM series no question Chuck. I would think the coaching staff would have a sense of the history and urgency in both cases. Not sure thatâ??s being communicated to the troops though.BTW, what the hell is F33.9?
          Last edited by e.cat; 01-27-2024, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Are you talking about a depression diagnosis here...or what? Explain please?

Comment

• A UNH blowout win tonight! You heard it here first;-)

Comment

A UNH blowout win tonight! You heard it here first;-)
                I agree. Reversion to the mean, as we are 5-6-1 in our last 12 games against the Vicious Puma (RIP, Tommy Smothers), and moreover we are 1-5-0 in our last six games at the Gutt.

Last edited by Snively65; 01-27-2024, 02:41 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

A UNH blowout win tonight! You heard it here first;-)
                  Here here!

Comment

• Aerman is a glutton for punishment, so here I sit at the Gutt.
                    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• ONG! Souza threw in the towel already … starting Muse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                        ONG! Souza threw in the towel already … starting Muse.
                        Welp (to quote HR), I guess that answers my question in reply to norbert at 9:44 yesterday.

Comment

• Camera work on ESPN+ is almost unwatchable. They using an iPhone?

Edit: the score is making it a bit more watchable.
                          Last edited by d.gerry; 01-27-2024, 06:52 PM.
                          GO BLUE!

Comment

• In an unexpectedly pleasant development, the good Cats are NOT hitting Carriere in the chest with their shots! Go CATS!!!!!

Comment

• Is MS7 lookin’ like the smahtist guy in the room?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Is MS7 lookin’ like the smahtist guy in the room?
                                So smaht! Go out and take half a dozen stupid and undisciplined penalties, let’s make this a game again boys!
                                GO BLUE!

Comment

Working...
                                X