Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey 2023-2024 Season Thread - End Of The Cellar-Dweller Era??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ferrrao1994 View Post
    Also this is a longshot, but does anyone have 2 extra tickets for the UNH UMaine game Saturday the 17th?
    Hey welcome to the board..enjoyed your post below..
    have 2 extra tickets but they would be for Fri...waiting to hear from one of my kids (UNH grads) if they are going or not.

Hope to see more of your posts in the future!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Ryan Conmy and Jakob Hellsten made the Hobey ballot!
      Not sure who was the last UNH player to be considered? Maybe Angus Crookshank? Tyk and Potsy were the last 2 that I remember...As I recall TyK made the final 10..

Haven't seen the total list imagine HE would be well represented with the Hutson/Cellibrini/Nadeau etc making it.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Ryan Conmy and Jakob Hellsten made the Hobey ballot!
        Not sure who was the last UNH player to be considered? Maybe Angus Crookshank? Tyk and Potsy were the last 2 that I remember...As I recall TyK made the final 10..

Haven't seen the total list imagine HE would be well represented with the Hutson/Cellibrini/Nadeau etc making it.
        Hellsten I get, Conmy seems a stretch to me. Good to see nonetheless!
        GO BLUE!

Comment

Hey welcome to the board..enjoyed your post below..
          have 2 extra tickets but they would be for Fri...waiting to hear from one of my kids (UNH grads) if they are going or not.

Hope to see more of your posts in the future!
          Careful of the new poster, Ref...

If you swap the third 'R' and the 'A' in this new poster's name you'd get Ferraro1994 - as in Chris & Peter Ferraro, who wrapped up their UMaine careers in 1994!

This might be an undercover Black Bear trying to sneak his way into the building!

Live Free or Die!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Careful of the new poster, Ref...

If you swap the third 'R' and the 'A' in this new poster's name you'd get Ferraro1994 - as in Chris & Peter Ferraro, who wrapped up their UMaine careers in 1994!

This might be an undercover Black Bear trying to sneak his way into the building!

Ha ha, you got me ! Im gonna fly up from Tampa and sneak in . Howzabout a free ticket, lol. Good undercover work though. The US gubbment might have a position for you.
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post

Hellsten I get, Conmy seems a stretch to me. Good to see nonetheless!
              Agree. The early stage of the Hobey process is becoming similar to admission to the Baseball Hall of Fame

P.S. My all time favorite UVM hippie is John Glynne.
              Last edited by Felger; 01-26-2024, 05:24 PM.
              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• HAHAHA I get that all the time. Just a coincidence. I was born in 1994 and my dad is also named Pete which is really trippy. I don't like the Maine Black Bears at all boooooo!

Comment

• Man...even though this is a recurring theme I just can't understand how you can play so sloppy...when so much is on the line. Way to go UVM using the opportunities you have been given

On another note..good for Cronin getting that goal his first in a long time.

Playing very uninspired hockey. At least the UVM announcer is decent.
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-26-2024, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ferrrao1994 View Post
                    HAHAHA I get that all the time. Just a coincidence. I was born in 1994 and my dad is also named Pete which is really trippy. I don't like the Maine Black Bears at all boooooo!
                    I must admit I was pretty proud of myself coming up with that conspiracy!
                    Live Free or Die!!

Comment

Man...even though this is a recurring theme I just can't understand how you can play so sloppy...when so much is on the line. Way to go UVM using the opportunities you have been given

On another note..good for Cronin getting that goal his first in a long time.

Playing very uninspired hockey. At least the UVM announcer is decent.
                      So, once again, according to CHN live box, we are nearly doubling up the opposition in SOG (27-15) midway through third. Are any UNH SOG from in close, or are all from out beyond the circles?

The BC-BU game on NESN is incredibly entertaining. Did we really beat beat BU early in the season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

So, once again, according to CHN live box, we are nearly doubling up the opposition in SOG (27-15) midway through third. Are any UNH SOG from in close, or are all from out beyond the circles?

The BC-BU game on NESN is incredibly entertaining. Did we really beat beat BU early in the season?
                        Yeah I mean some are in close but it's like we aren't playing like a team..UVM doing a great job defensively but it doesn't help when we have a ton of errant passes...just no decent rhythm regardless of the coveted SOGs..

Does Devlin need to be in the box every game???

Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-26-2024, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Gross. That’s it. #newcoach

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post
                            Gross. That’s it. #newcoach
                            Maybe first half of season was a mirage?

Squandered yet another HEA game in hand, although still have two games in hand vs Catamounts, despite being tied in HEA points for seventh. Loss to Luce’s Yukon at the Whitt last weekend hurt much more in PWR than loss at the Gutt tonight.

When does MS7 throw out the white flag and give Muszelik another game in net?

Comment

• What’s wrong with this team? Seems that they were extremely overrated after the first few games of the season. Can’t score to save their lives. This is the part of the schedule that was supposed to be “light” and they’ve ****ed that away. I think we all need to lower expectations of this team. UNH’s floor is an Early round exit of the HE tournament and if they somehow make the NCAA tournament, their ceiling is a first round exit. So disappointed with this team. What do you guys think is wrong with this squad?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Maybe first half of season was a mirage?

Squandered yet another HEA game in hand, although still have two games in hand vs Catamounts, despite being tied in HEA points for seventh. Loss to Luce’s Yukon at the Whitt last weekend hurt much more in PWR than loss at the Gutt tonight.

When does MS7 throw out the white flag and give Muszelik another game in net?
                                This is not on Hellsten. This is on the lackadaisical play that is UNH hockey for some reason unknown to mortal man.

But hey couldnt hurt...(throws hands up)
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-26-2024, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X