Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey 2023-2024 Season Thread - End Of The Cellar-Dweller Era??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Someday, and I hope to live to see the day ... one or more of the colleges/universities will come up with a package of curriculum, qualified staff, and finances to basically be able to "guarantee" their graduates employment in their field of major study. The school(s) that can accomplish this small feat will be rewarded, ...
    I know, I too worry about all of the unemployed Harvard graduates.

    The Souza record:
    15-16 10th place
    16-17 10th place
    17-18 11th place
    18-19 8th place
    19-20 9th place
    20-21 10th place
    21-22 9th place
    22-23 10th place

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
      I know, I too worry about all of the unemployed Harvard graduates.
      LOL yeah, no kidding. Harvard has bigger (other) issues. The other 95+% of colleges and universities that charge Ivy League rates (or close), without the Ivy League gravitas or resources, are the ones with the real problems.

      Those are the ones that are slowly but surely hitting these financial roadblocks, and not all of them are surviving ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

        LOL yeah, no kidding. Harvard has bigger (other) issues. The other 95+% of colleges and universities that charge Ivy League rates (or close), without the Ivy League gravitas or resources, are the ones with the real problems.

        Those are the ones that are slowly but surely hitting these financial roadblocks, and not all of them are surviving ...
        Maybe they will figure out that they do not need more administrators than faculty? And maybe they will figure out that they do not need to pay 5 DEI compliance officers $200k salaries?

        nah, I’m being silly

        Comment


        • Welp...obvious who came to play lol. Oh well let's see what we got in the 3rd...
          I'm just here for the hockey...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Welp...obvious who came to play lol. Oh well let's see what we got in the 3rd...
            If no comeback in third, MS7 can kiss goodbye to any contract extension.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by e.cat View Post

              Doubled up at 40/20. Gotta love it Snively65. That was quite the game. Who wudda thunk it?
              Maybe if we doubled up on SOG again today (only 44-24) we woulda won, e.cat.

              Luce must have been saving his best goalie for today.

              Comment


              • Loss drops UNH to 16th in PWR. Disappointing...and UVM looms large. Sorry..we do not play well up there. Gotta re group. Kind of expected this today but glad we scored.

                I'm just here for the hockey...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

                  Maybe if we doubled up on SOG again today (only 44-24) we woulda won, e.cat.

                  Luce must have been saving his best goalie for today.
                  Well sure he had a great game but how many times did we shoot at his chest? Made him look too good...not saying we didn't have our chances...he got the job done.

                  And don't get me going about the PP.
                  I'm just here for the hockey...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Loss drops UNH to 16th in PWR. Disappointing...and UVM looms large. Sorry..we do not play well up there. Gotta re group. Kind of expected this today but glad we scored.
                    Scored twice…that lightening fas whistle took a goal away. I think it was weekend, Uconn scored against maine on a goal like that…puck under the goalie for a couple seconds, invisible to the refs, but the ref waited to blow the whistle. Today UNH got hosed on a “Gravelese” whistle

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Loss drops UNH to 16th in PWR. Disappointing...and UVM looms large. Sorry..we do not play well up there. Gotta re group. Kind of expected this today but glad we scored.
                      Scored twice…that lightening fas whistle took a goal away. I think it was last weekend, Uconn scored against maine on a goal like that…puck under the goalie for a couple seconds, invisible to the refs, but the ref waited to blow the whistle. Today UNH got hosed on a “Gravelese” whistle

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by StillKIA2 View Post

                        Scored twice…that lightening fas whistle took a goal away. I think it was weekend, Uconn scored against maine on a goal like that…puck under the goalie for a couple seconds, invisible to the refs, but the ref waited to blow the whistle. Today UNH got hosed on a “Gravelese” whistle
                        Couldn't agree more...he had his whistle up before the puck even got to the goalie..you could see that in the replay. At least that's how it looked to me.

                        ugh this bites.
                        I'm just here for the hockey...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

                          Well sure he had a great game but how many times did we shoot at his chest? Made him look too good...not saying we didn't have our chances...he got the job done.

                          And don't get me going about the PP.
                          Looks like UNH PP was 8 full minutes in total.

                          Will need to sweep UVM even more so now. But, hey, we had not won in Hartford/Storrs for years.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

                            Maybe if we doubled up on SOG again today (only 44-24) we woulda won, e.cat.

                            Luce must have been saving his best goalie for today.
                            Ruskie goalie standing on his head beats SOG Snively65. Kinda like good pitching beats good hitting. Not that disappointed. I thought the Cats played well enough to win though.

                            I’ll be happy with a split at the Gutt. Tough place to play but a fun road trip for the good Cats.
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

                              Looks like UNH PP was 8 full minutes in total.

                              Will need to sweep UVM even more so now. But, hey, we had not won in Hartford/Storrs for years.
                              Yep and that was most satisfying. I just hope we haven't thrown our chance away to make the NCAAs. Lots of hockey left..

                              Ps that UConn W vaulted them into 4th in HE
                              Yep...bites
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-21-2024, 07:28 PM.
                              I'm just here for the hockey...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by e.cat View Post

                                Ruskie goalie standing on his head beats SOG Snively65. Kinda like good pitching beats good hitting. Not that disappointed. I thought the Cats played well enough to win though.

                                I’ll be happy with a split at the Gutt. Tough place to play but a fun road trip for the good Cats.
                                We are already 16th in PWR...this split was very costly. Another one could be fatal to NCAA chances unless I'm just dreamin'.
                                I'm just here for the hockey...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X