Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey 2023-2024 Season Thread - End Of The Cellar-Dweller Era??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

    I believe he is in the lineup tonight v Toronto?
    Yup, Angus played his fifth game on the 27th, then got an assist in the next Senators game on the 29th in 6-2 loss to Devils, but did not play in 5-1 win over the Sabres on the 31st. However, Warren Foegele had a career best game with 2 goals and 3 assists in Oilers win on the 31st; two more NHL games ties Foegele with Andy Brickley for 12th for UNH all-time NHL games played.
    Last edited by Snively65; 01-01-2024, 06:26 PM.

    Comment


    • If anyone has posted anything after HR's mention of "donut concessions", my apologies I haven't noticed it yet ... ;-)
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

        I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I was a fan 'back then' when it was pretty much a guarantee that UNH made the NCAA year in, year out lol...
        Hearing the stories of the good, the bad, and yes, the ugly make me yearn as a fan to experience that (I have only 1 under my belt the last time we were in a Regional
        2013). Crazy to think it's been that long since they have been there given the 'history'.

        It's going to take consistent W's going forward, thing is, do we have what it takes? I hope so!
        I stupidly thought when we got RIT in 2010 that we were going to the Frozen 4 & winning it all. I was a freshman in college that year. I was devastated after that one.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Basement Bias View Post

          I stupidly thought when we got RIT in 2010 that we were going to the Frozen 4 & winning it all. I was a freshman in college that year. I was devastated after that one.
          You and I, BB. That was one difficult drive home from Albany.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            If anyone has posted anything after HR's mention of "donut concessions", my apologies I haven't noticed it yet ... ;-)
            ....your point being? Wasssthematta you aren't a donut fan? Highly recommend the birthdaycake ones they have there.
            I'm just here for the hockey...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

              ....your point being? Wasssthematta you aren't a donut fan? Highly recommend the birthdaycake ones they have there.
              Quite the opposite, 'Ref. As the saying goes ... "You had me at 'donut concessions'" ... kudos to Bobby V. Genius!!

              Of course, it doesn't hurt his case that Bobby V is also paisan ...
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

              Comment


              • A little background leading up to the Princeton Tigers’ arrival at the Whitt for two this weekend. The Tigers are 6-5-2 on the season and second in ECAC points, although Clarkson is only 1 point behind with 3 games in hand. The Tigers have scored 50 goals and given up 49 in 13 games, for 3.85 GPG (compared with Wildcats’ 3.25 GPG, which projects to 114 goals this season if we can keep up the pace against Princeton and HEA teams). Against common opponents this season, the Tigers have beaten RPI 4-2, beaten and tied Sacred Heart 4-0 and 2-2, and lost to Dartmouth 4-5. If MS7 understands what is best for his hopes to remain at UNH beyond this season, Hellsten will get both starts in net this weekend.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  A little background leading up to the Princeton Tigers’ arrival at the Whitt for two this weekend. The Tigers are 6-5-2 on the season and second in ECAC points, although Clarkson is only 1 point behind with 3 games in hand. The Tigers have scored 50 goals and given up 49 in 13 games, for 3.85 GPG (compared with Wildcats’ 3.25 GPG, which projects to 114 goals this season if we can keep up the pace against Princeton and HEA teams). Against common opponents this season, the Tigers have beaten RPI 4-2, beaten and tied Sacred Heart 4-0 and 2-2, and lost to Dartmouth 4-5. If MS7 understands what is best for his hopes to remain at UNH beyond this season, Hellsten will get both starts in net this weekend.
                  Sounds like it'll be a weekend of wide-open attacking (and entertaining) hockey, Snives - cheers for the scouting report!
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    A little background leading up to the Princeton Tigers’ arrival at the Whitt for two this weekend. The Tigers are 6-5-2 on the season and second in ECAC points, although Clarkson is only 1 point behind with 3 games in hand. The Tigers have scored 50 goals and given up 49 in 13 games, for 3.85 GPG (compared with Wildcats’ 3.25 GPG, which projects to 114 goals this season if we can keep up the pace against Princeton and HEA teams). Against common opponents this season, the Tigers have beaten RPI 4-2, beaten and tied Sacred Heart 4-0 and 2-2, and lost to Dartmouth 4-5. If MS7 understands what is best for his hopes to remain at UNH beyond this season, Hellsten will get both starts in net this weekend.
                    Thanks for this inside look at the Tigers. I don't think UNH has played them since the Friendship Four tourney in Belfast? Wow, Nov 2019 before the world fell apart..
                    Anyway, 'Cats need to sweep this series-can't afford to drop games esp when around the corner our HE season lurks where every game is huge.

                    Come to play Wildcats!!
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      A little background leading up to the Princeton Tigers’ arrival at the Whitt for two this weekend. The Tigers are 6-5-2 on the season and second in ECAC points, although Clarkson is only 1 point behind with 3 games in hand. The Tigers have scored 50 goals and given up 49 in 13 games, for 3.85 GPG (compared with Wildcats’ 3.25 GPG, which projects to 114 goals this season if we can keep up the pace against Princeton and HEA teams). Against common opponents this season, the Tigers have beaten RPI 4-2, beaten and tied Sacred Heart 4-0 and 2-2, and lost to Dartmouth 4-5. If MS7 understands what is best for his hopes to remain at UNH beyond this season, Hellsten will get both starts in net this weekend.
                      One other little tidbit - Princeton leads the nation in the power play, currently scoring at 31.58%. The 'Cats would do well to try and stay out of the box this weekend.
                      UNH

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Scott View Post

                        One other little tidbit - Princeton leads the nation in the power play, currently scoring at 31.58%. The 'Cats would do well to try and stay out of the box this weekend.
                        Always good advice. I never had a problem when we were called the SMT’s (Skating Mother Teresa’s) for not taking excessive penalties, especially the stupid ones away from the puck. Yeah, sure, if you need to haul someone down on a breakaway, fine, even it leads to a penalty shot, which my guess is does not have a success ratio much higher than 31% at the Div 1 level.

                        Comment


                        • So UNH has hired a new Men's Soccer Coach Rich Weinrebe..seems he's had a history with UNH (haven't read up yet)

                          Thanks Scott for the info on Princetwons PP... Yeah
                          good idea to stay out of the box!
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            So UNH has hired a new Men's Soccer Coach Rich Weinrebe..seems he's had a history with UNH (haven't read up yet)

                            Thanks Scott for the info on Princetwons PP... Yeah
                            good idea to stay out of the box!
                            I'm sure our resident soccer guru will be able to fill us in on this choice. AD certainly didn't waste anytime pulling the trigger.
                            GO BLUE!

                            Comment


                            • New soccer coach was w/ Hubbard for most of the build at UNH, but was just 10-16-9 in two seasons at Northeastern.

                              I learned from the press release that Bob Kullen - of all people - coached the men's soccer program from 1978-82...
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                New soccer coach was w/ Hubbard for most of the build at UNH, but was just 10-16-9 in two seasons at Northeastern.

                                I learned from the press release that Bob Kullen - of all people - coached the men's soccer program from 1978-82...
                                Based on social media response this seems like a fairly popular pick with some. To me it's a bit underwhelming. You would have thought given UNH's rise to national prominence over the past several years they would have been able to capitalize and bring in an individual with more D-I HC experience, and more importantly success. Not much to pick from right now, maybe? But hey, we got poached so why couldn't UNH do the same? That said, I admittedly know little about the college soccer world other than my casual interest in UNH over the past few years. I'll be interested in hearing Chuck's take on this choice.

                                As far as hockey goes, I predict a close game on Friday with UNH pulling out the 3-2 win in a regulation nail bitter. Saturday will be a bit more of an easy go as PU will be distracted by the impending Storm of '24, UNH 4-1.
                                GO BLUE!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X