Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey 2023-2024 Season Thread - End Of The Cellar-Dweller Era??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post

Big mistake letting alum Barr go.
    Hugh mistake! The reason given for passing on Barr was he didn’t have head coaching experience? Yeah…so they went and found a head coach who had a ****ty record in Atlantic hockey of all places? It’s a bizarre move on RPI part.

Comment

• Was Barr an assistant coach at RPI ? With Montgomery under Appert? I know Monty was instrumental in getting Barr to come to Maine.
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        Was Barr an assistant coach at RPI ? With Montgomery under Appert? I know Monty was instrumental in getting Barr to come to Maine.
        I believe so. ken Ralph was at RPI as well as a AD.

Comment

• Three SOG on two PP’s do not cut it, although suppose I should be grateful that we have not given up a SHG. Very disappointing first period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Three SOG on two PP’s do not cut it, although suppose I should be grateful that we have not given up a SHG. Very disappointing first period.
            Wow am keeping up while we are at dinner here in NYC..I just don't know...so much for.my sassy 6-1 prediction!!
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Adios, Mark Hubbard.

Maybe we can be a hockey school again.
              Live Free or Die!!
              Miami University '03

Comment

• It's a closer-than-expected game (per Engineers anyway!) after two periods. I'm thinking the 3rd period goes like this ...

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Adios, Mark Hubbard.

Where's he going, Dan? Never figured he'd be leaving, with a 6 year extension in early '22. Must be something good ...

Comment

• NC State.

An old colleague is an assistant with the Wolfpack women and shared the graphic today. No idea what that program offers, but ACC is good soccer, right?
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

NC State.

An old colleague is an assistant with the Wolfpack women and shared the graphic today. No idea what that program offers, but ACC is good soccer, right?
                      Yup. Ceiling should be higher, if nothing else. Not the first UNH Men's Soccer HC to go to the ACC BTW, the guy from Clemson (Noonan) was also UNH Men's HC before the Hubbard Era, and they won the "College Cup" in 2021. They've also advanced to the Finals this year, too.

Wouldn't be shocked to see the Bryant HC - one of Hubbard's former SNHU players - taking his slot in Durham, assuming this all takes place, doesn't look like this is public knowledge yet, but great scoop for you Dan. Maybe Hubbard figured he'd taken things as far as he could at UNH?

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/p/C0pONdLJ...BmMjdhZWRiYQ==

NC State Instagram announcement… ^^
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

Adios, Mark Hubbard.

Wow that's big.news...not surprised. He had a great run at UNH...

Watched some of that stinker of a game while waiting.for the train. We dodged a bullet. Sorry..you'd think they would want to make some kind of.statement.

Well heres the break catch everyone later...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Wow that's big.news...not surprised. He had a great run at UNH...

Watched some of that stinker of a game while waiting.for the train. We dodged a bullet. Sorry..you'd think they would want to make some kind of.statement.

Well heres the break catch everyone later...
                            Looks like UNH held on for a less-than-impressive 1-0 win, shutout for Muszelik, and Lovett (from Linder & Lavins) with the only goal. But a W is a W, so let's bring on next weekend's Atlantic Hockey cupcake fest, right Snives?

On the Hubbard news ... the more I think about it, the more questions I have. NC State isn't a traditional power in Men's Soccer, and Hubbard has no connection to the school (at least none that I know of; Dan may have the inside track on this?). He basically had a job for life in Durham and I'm guessing the pay delta at NC State isn't huge. He's definitely betting on himself, and good for him; watching Coach Noonan at Clemson having won the D-1 title there two years ago, and with a chance to do it again this year, he's got to think if Noonan can do it, why can't I? Plus only Hubbard will know if there is a segment of potential recruits out there that he might be able to better reach at NC State than at UNH, and it can't be said that he didn't give it his best shot in Durham. But the failure to get his teams one step further into the national tourney had to be super-frustrating, and maybe he didn't want to become the next Charie Holt, Bill Bowes, Dick Umile or Sean McDonnell, those guys who pushed the rock deep into many postseasons, but suffered the same fate as Sisyphus? Plus, he's getting older now, and those November games in the Northeast can take a toll on you. It's right now that the abject absence of any quality in the sports journalism field leaves many of us searching for answers that just aren't gonna be found in a NC State or UNH press release.

Good luck, Coach Hubbard. It was fun while it lasted. Over to you now, AD Rich ...

Comment

• A bit of a trap game I think. No blow out as was predicted. Give RPI credit. They played desparate. A win is a win though and UNH hung tough.
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                A bit of a trap game I think. No blow out as was predicted. Give RPI credit. They played desparate. A win is a win though and UNH hung tough.
                                Well true enough! I just expected alittle more like I'm sure.most did. Happy for TyMuz getting the shutout...Happy holidays!

Comment

Working...
                                X