Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey 2023-2024 Season Thread - End Of The Cellar-Dweller Era??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    If Walshy and Umile had a thing, I don't think they would have done the infamous Tri State Dodge (Somersworth NH) commercial together at the turn of the century. I haven't seen that thing in probably 25 years now, always hoped someone taped it? Two used car salesmen both posing as head hockey coaches, truly brilliant in all its awkwardness ...

... I need to know more about the Barr-Souza thing the other night.
    “Walshy” and Umile had a thing. “Walshy” and Parker had a thing. “Walshy” was involved in a lot of things.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post

You read the text correctly as written. Your friend simply messed up the text.

Maine is 71 wins - 62 losses-13 ties overall
      Maine 41 wins -19 losses -7 ties at Alfond
      Maine then is 30 wins - 43 losses -6 ties combined total at Whitt, Snively and neutral sites. One of those W's is Anaheim :-)
      Of course you'd bring that up ha!
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Of course you'd bring that up ha!
        Ha, I could really give a chit...actually I do...but....facts matter, accuracy matters. In todays world where people, particularly some of the millennials often discount/ignore the truth...as in '"whatever", its important to teach proper usage of the numbers and especially facts. Not sayin you are in the "whatever" gang, but hey :-)

Listen, you guys are fine. Keep the faith, keep fighting. So you got punched in the face, big deal....people recover from that every day. Sure you'll get revenge at the Whit later in the year. Appreciate what you do for the board. Keeping it lively and entertaining.
        Last edited by acs64; 12-02-2023, 10:20 PM.
        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

If Walshy and Umile had a thing, I don't think they would have done the infamous Tri State Dodge (Somersworth NH) commercial together at the turn of the century. I haven't seen that thing in probably 25 years now, always hoped someone taped it? Two used car salesmen both posing as head hockey coaches, truly brilliant in all its awkwardness ...

... I need to know more about the Barr-Souza thing the other night.
          Money changes everything

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine is now 71-62-13 in the all-time series against UNH, including a mark of 42-17-7 at Alfond Arena and 2-1-2 under head coach Ben Barr . Josh Nadeau scored three goals for his first career hat trick

I think you're good friend should be demoted to uninformed friend :-)
            Per the game notes on the UNH athletics site UNH was 19-41-7 at Alfond. Now 19-42-7. You’ve got us at 17 wins at Alfond. Get your facts straight ACS;-)
            Last edited by e.cat; 12-03-2023, 08:47 AM.
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Ha, I could really give a chit...actually I do...but....facts matter, accuracy matters. In todays world where people, particularly some of the millennials often discount/ignore the truth...as in '"whatever", its important to teach proper usage of the numbers and especially facts. Not sayin you are in the "whatever" gang, but hey :-)

Listen, you guys are fine. Keep the faith, keep fighting. So you got punched in the face, big deal....people recover from that every day. Sure you'll get revenge at the Whit later in the year. Appreciate what you do for the board. Keeping it lively and entertaining.
              Well thanks for your perspective on the weekend and comments about the many posts I make lol...I remember Greg Ambrose said he read my posts with "bemusement" but then thought well we could use a "cheerleader"...so I ran with it. Honestly so glad I have found a passion for the sport...and I've learned so much from all of you (yes...even you Maine fans

As a former teacher for 41 years you bet facts matter...so much so that as an 8th grader a million years ago I wrote the Boston Herald (if they still exist) complaining they had left off The GREAT Mr.Clutch Jerry West off the list of 25k point scorers when "Hondo" Havlicek was about to hit that milestone.

To our surprise they wrote a short "apology" which I would kill to have that reprint! Also had a few letters from the Globes Bob Ryan...man those were so cool written on that skinny paper they used to use...I was a rabid Laker fan then and was delighted he would write me back when I sent him letters of dissent for his beloved Celtics.

Anyhow you are right that all teams go through adversity and hopefully if they are worth their "salt" they re group and move on. Reading the story on the game MS7 was realistic "their top guys beat our top guys" and that the 2 b2b goals late in the first/early in the second killed their momentum. Let's see what they do with that...

I will watch your game today with Yukon most likely..when UNH and Maine are playing well esp in the HE it makes the leagthe all the better ..at least IMHO. What a thrill it would be if both UNH and Maine make it to the Garden..
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

I will watch your game today with Yukon most likely..when UNH and Maine are playing well esp in the HE it makes the leagthe all the better ..at least IMHO. What a thrill it would be if both UNH and Maine make it to the Garden..
                Could very well happen

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post

Per the game notes on the UNH athletics site UNH was 19-41-7 at Alfond. Now 19-42-7. You’ve got us at 17 losses at Alfond. Get your facts straight ACS;-)
                  Nope, I've gotchya at 41 losses, now 42 losses at Alfond

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Certainly not as long as Maine has played in a “big” game. It’s one game early in the season.
                    That doesn’t lessen the fact that this was a big game for UNH, and they wilted under the pressure. A test is a test, and UNH failed miserably.
                    GO BLUE!

Comment

Nope, I've gotchya at 41 losses, now 42 losses at Alfond
                      We’re simpatico with that. It’s the discrepency of UNH wins at Alfond that is different. You’ve got us with 17 wins and the UNH site has us with 19 wins.

Comment

We’re simpatico with that. It’s the discrepency of UNH wins at Alfond that is different. You’ve got us with 17 wins and the UNH site has us with 19 wins.
                        Maybe UNH site is counting two UNH wins at Cumberland?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Maybe UNH site is counting two UNH wins at Cumberland?
                          Yeah. Could be Snively. Maybe we should play them more often in Portland:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Money changes everything
                            Guessing the money involved - if it was indeed money - was probably relatively modest. Umile also used to do an advert for a haberdasher in downtown Manch, where I had it on good sources that he was just getting free merch for as long as the ad would run on local TV (WMUR), and I'm kinda doubting the Tri State ad with Walshy was much different. Then again, maybe the ever-wily Walshy negotiated way better terms, if not for both, at least for himself ?!?

Didn't matter anyway ... as they say, Walshy was living rent-free in the collective minds of his fellow HEA coaches.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Yeah. Could be Snively. Maybe we should play them more often in Portland:-)
                              Playing them in Waterville back in October didn't seem to make much of a difference. Maybe the Isles of Shoals next??
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Playing them in Waterville back in October didn't seem to make much of a difference. Maybe the Isles of Shoals next??
                                Nah I say reinstate the old Everblades tournament from Estero to Tampa, FL ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X