Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey 2023-2024 Season Thread - End Of The Cellar-Dweller Era??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bakchk20 View Post
    So, I think it might have been LeClerc (29) on the point. Not 100% sure, but looks like it... Regardless, gold star to whomever it was!!
    Leclerc
    [19:55] GOAL by New Hampshire Conmy, Ryan (EXTRA ATTACKER), Assist by Sardarian, Stiven and Ring, Nick, On ice for UNH: Conmy, Ryan; Sardarian, Stiven; Ring, Nick; LeClerc, Cy; Huard, Colton; Cafarelli, Nick
    The Souza record:
    15-16 10th place
    16-17 10th place
    17-18 11th place
    18-19 8th place
    19-20 9th place
    20-21 10th place
    21-22 9th place
    22-23 10th place

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bakchk20 View Post

      Darius & e.cat, you guys nailed it. Stuffing the attempted clear was THE play of that possession, short of the goal, of course. Without it, game over...

      I looked at the replay a dozen times and could get a clear view of the jersey number on the play. It looks like 28 (Gagne). Searching for "players on ice" intel, nothing at HockeyEast site, which apparently does not post a game sheet as they did in the past. However, the NCAA score site had this to offer:
      GOAL by New Hampshire Conmy, Ryan (EXTRA ATTACKER), Assist by Sardarian, Stiven and Ring, Nick, On ice for UNH: Conmy, Ryan; Sardarian, Stiven; Ring, Nick; LeClerc, Cy; Huard, Colton; Cafarelli, Nick, On ice for RIT: Hobbs, Grady; Wilkie, Carter; Gonsalves, Elijah; Cassaro, Gianfranco; Hansen-Bukata, Aiden, goal number 6 for season.



      So, I think it might have been LeClerc (29) on the point. Not 100% sure, but looks like it... Regardless, gold star to whomever it was!!
      I’ve watched the replay twice and can not make out the number but no doubt a huge play. A lot of gold star plays in that game. The Sardarian assist on the Conmy goal and of course the goal by Conmy. Not to mention the LeClerc goal in OT. Tommy made a lot of big saves but how bout that Hellsten save late in the OT on that breakaway?
      Last edited by e.cat; 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM.
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

        Leclerc
        [19:55] GOAL by New Hampshire Conmy, Ryan (EXTRA ATTACKER), Assist by Sardarian, Stiven and Ring, Nick, On ice for UNH: Conmy, Ryan; Sardarian, Stiven; Ring, Nick; LeClerc, Cy; Huard, Colton; Cafarelli, Nick
        "Oh no, it's LeClerc..."

        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

          Leclerc
          [19:55] GOAL by New Hampshire Conmy, Ryan (EXTRA ATTACKER), Assist by Sardarian, Stiven and Ring, Nick, On ice for UNH: Conmy, Ryan; Sardarian, Stiven; Ring, Nick; LeClerc, Cy; Huard, Colton; Cafarelli, Nick
          I think so as well...meanwhile UNH dips to 15 in the poll. Good to see you here 'Watcher!
          Here we go 'Cats!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Darius View Post
            "Oh no, it's LeClerc..."
            Loved that!!!!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

            Comment


            • Just a quick thought on who that was on the ice for that play. We were traveling on Saturday and had to listen to the radio broadcast (I’ll bet the last time I did this it was Dick Osborn). Anyway MS7 came on after the game to talk to Mike Murphy? And he was obviously happy and more upbeat than usual. He referenced most of the players you are talking about but then added something that sounded like he gave the game puck to Gags for his play all weekend. Called him a warrior and references 8 blocks Friday night and that huge play to keep it in at the end. Because I was listening and not watching it had no context for me. Based on that, I would say it was Gagne.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                Just a quick thought on who that was on the ice for that play. We were traveling on Saturday and had to listen to the radio broadcast (I’ll bet the last time I did this it was Dick Osborn). Anyway MS7 came on after the game to talk to Mike Murphy? And he was obviously happy and more upbeat than usual. He referenced most of the players you are talking about but then added something that sounded like he gave the game puck to Gags for his play all weekend. Called him a warrior and references 8 blocks Friday night and that huge play to keep it in at the end. Because I was listening and not watching it had no context for me. Based on that, I would say it was Gagne.
                Yeah it was Mike ...not sure who could've done the color (if there was anyone) as Pete Webster was home waiting for the soccer game on Sunday as he does that as well. Speaking of Pete I didn't know he was a standout soccer player at my former high school I taught at and was inducted into their HOF.

                Dan I do believe this was Dave Pinkhams last year...finishing out his illustrious career with I believe 17 state championships numerous runner ups and a bunch of undefeated seasons....

                And good to see you here as well ATW I wondered where you were these past few games!

                ps
                Ryan Conmy is tabbed HE's Rookie of the Week with his 4 point weekend (first of many HE awards he will garner no doubt)
                Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-27-2023, 03:14 PM.
                Here we go 'Cats!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bakchk20 View Post

                  Darius & e.cat, you guys nailed it. Stuffing the attempted clear was THE play of that possession, short of the goal, of course. Without it, game over...

                  I looked at the replay a dozen times and could get a clear view of the jersey number on the play. It looks like 28 (Gagne). Searching for "players on ice" intel, nothing at HockeyEast site, which apparently does not post a game sheet as they did in the past. However, the NCAA score site had this to offer:
                  GOAL by New Hampshire Conmy, Ryan (EXTRA ATTACKER), Assist by Sardarian, Stiven and Ring, Nick, On ice for UNH: Conmy, Ryan; Sardarian, Stiven; Ring, Nick; LeClerc, Cy; Huard, Colton; Cafarelli, Nick, On ice for RIT: Hobbs, Grady; Wilkie, Carter; Gonsalves, Elijah; Cassaro, Gianfranco; Hansen-Bukata, Aiden, goal number 6 for season.



                  So, I think it might have been LeClerc (29) on the point. Not 100% sure, but looks like it... Regardless, gold star to whomever it was!!
                  +\- is usually charted by a disinterested and distracted student worker who doesn’t fully understand the rule or the sport, is confused by the post goal line change.
                  be or struggles to decipher 28/29. I wouldn’t take what’s reported as gospel for who was on the ice at any given time…

                  Gagne and LeClerc size difference is significant and I’d trust our eyes over the spotter more often than not.
                  Last edited by Dan; 11-27-2023, 03:40 PM.
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Darius View Post
                    "Oh no, it's LeClerc..."
                    It is Leclerc. He takes the face off and wins it to Huard on the left point who goes to the middle and the shot is blocked (shocker). After the face off, Leclerc moves to that spot to QB the man advantage. Tried taking pictures but quality from a TV is not good on a camera.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by norbert View Post

                      It is Leclerc. He takes the face off and wins it to Huard on the left point who goes to the middle and the shot is blocked (shocker). After the face off, Leclerc moves to that spot to QB the man advantage. Tried taking pictures but quality from a TV is not good on a camera.
                      Yep it was..Mike Murphy confirmed on a text....when re-watching I thought I could see the 9 on the jersey. Glad we have that figured out lol.
                      It was a stellar play and like Darius said, without that, we don't win that game most likely...
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-27-2023, 05:30 PM.
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

                        Yep it was..Mike Murphy confirmed on a text....when re-watching I thought I could see the 9 on the jersey. Glad we have that figured out lol.
                        It was a stellar play and like Darius said, without that, we don't win that game most likely...
                        If that’s the case LeClerc is an absolute world beater. He kinda reminds me of Peter LeBlanc of NODAK game winner fame in Manchester.
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                          If that’s the case LeClerc is an absolute world beater. He kinda reminds me of Peter LeBlanc of NODAK game winner fame in Manchester.
                          I'm just relieved he seems (IS) developing well this season so far; this was a worry I had and was going to be a marker for how successful the program really is.
                          I think so far, it's obvious he is doing very well; what a weekend he had....gets tossed out Friday night (there is a debate about that call) and wins the game on Saturday.
                          Now I'm sure some could say that a great player like him is going to be successful on his own, thinking of TyK who had what, 63 points his Senior year despite the season
                          the 'Cats had? We'll see...

                          There's lots of hockey to be had of course but he's doing a great job to date. Friday night will be a biggie for sure to see how we match up with those
                          Black Bears...What a line its gonna be when Devlin returns but I think Stiven Sardarian has performed very well up there...a GREAT pass to Conmy with 5.2 left.
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-27-2023, 06:19 PM.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

                            I'm just relieved he seems (IS) developing well this season so far; this was a worry I had and was going to be a marker for how successful the program really is.
                            I think so far, it's obvious he is doing very well; what a weekend he had....gets tossed out Friday night (there is a debate about that call) and wins the game on Saturday.
                            Now I'm sure some could say that a great player like him is going to be successful on his own, thinking of TyK who had what, 63 points his Senior year despite the season
                            the 'Cats had? We'll see...

                            There's lots of hockey to be had of course but he's doing a great job to date. Friday night will be a biggie for sure to see how we match up with those
                            Black Bears...What a line it’s gonna be when Devlin returns but I think Stiven Sardarian has performed very well up there...a GREAT pass to Conmy with 5.2 left.
                            Yeah. Kudos to Sardarian on that very poised assist. The Maine game is going to be tough up there. I’m not going to put a lot of stock in a loss up there. A win would be awesome but it might be a bridge too far.
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

                            Comment


                            • Knock knock..welcome to Orono border battle friends this weekend, cheers to a good game.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by grooverider View Post
                                Knock knock..welcome to Orono border battle friends this weekend, cheers to a good game.
                                Yeah, this game just got a lot more interesting since the exhibition game, almost two months ago now?? Time flies, eh?

                                I fully expected UMaine to be loaded this season. I did NOT expect that UNH might be up for it as well. Psyched!!

                                Thinking that with Hellsten (?) in goal, UNH might pull an upset this time around. I am now ALL IN, after all.

                                Hopefully the biggest game between the two this season will be in Boston in a little over 3 months from now ...

                                ... oh, and congrats to the CSI-UNH crew for determining it was likely LeClerc and not Gagne with the key pinch on Saturday!!
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X