Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey 2023-2024 Season Thread - End Of The Cellar-Dweller Era??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM played great last weekend - the rotation plan was the right one and easy to see coming (this weekend). If JH plays well again tonight that plan goes out the window and he elevates to the #1 spot for the foreseeable future. The issue last night was play in front of the goaltender during key stretches, most notably out of the gates in the first…

RIT is a good team, but that was a disappointing effort. Tonight will be telling for what’s to come…
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      TM played great last weekend - the rotation plan was the right one and easy to see coming (this weekend). If JH plays well again tonight that plan goes out the window and he elevates to the #1 spot for the foreseeable future. The issue last night was play in front of the goaltender during key stretches, most notably out of the gates in the first…

RIT is a good team, but that was a disappointing effort. Tonight will be telling for what’s to come…
      Thanks Dan for your perspective...I don't mean to hang this on TM...agree he's a very capable goal tender. I knew RIT would bring a game to the 'Cats and was frankly not
      that surprised to see that. Their goaltender played very well too. Like you said tonight is telling, particularly how they do from the get go. I am concerned abit about
      some of the undisciplined play that's leading to penalties. Another game with 10 plus minutes in the box is no way to win, and against teams with fire power
      you'd be buried. As it was, RIT got 2 goals on that 5 minute major...
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Thanks Dan for your perspective...I don't mean to hang this on TM...agree he's a very capable goal tender. I knew RIT would bring a game to the 'Cats and was frankly not
        that surprised to see that. Their goaltender played very well too. Like you said tonight is telling, particularly how they do from the get go. I am concerned abit about
        some of the undisciplined play that's leading to penalties. Another game with 10 plus minutes in the box is no way to win, and against teams with fire power
        you'd be buried. As it was, RIT got 2 goals on that 5 minute major...
        This game isn’t on Tyler. This is a failure of special teams. The 3 ppg given up drops them from 1 to 13th nationally. And the power play was gross. They gave up basically a breakaway on a 5 on 3. Huard should not be leading these situations. If he’s the only option try 5 forwards.

I had expected Devlin back this weekend which sets the lines back.

it was fitting Weekend at Bernie’s was on last night. I’d take him as Fitzgerald’s replacement.

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post

This game isn’t on Tyler. This is a failure of special teams. The 3 ppg given up drops them from 1 to 13th nationally. And the power play was gross. They gave up basically a breakaway on a 5 on 3. Huard should not be leading these situations. If he’s the only option try 5 forwards.

I had expected Devlin back this weekend which sets the lines back.

it was fitting Weekend at Bernie’s was on last night. I’d take him as Fitzgerald’s replacement.
          I like Fitzy's game tho the last couple have been rocky. I think he just needs to find his niche in this level of play maybe? As per Devlin, I had heard that most
          likely he won't be playing until after the break (no pun intended)...there's what, 3 games left to the break. Could see him v Army/Sacred Heart? The announcers were touting
          our 'second in the nation' PK and you are right, there was a massive failure of sorts there. I'm sure they are quite aware and hopefully, adjustments are made tonight.

Need to remind myself the game is at 5...meanwhile, the B's v NYR is a good game to prime with.
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-25-2023, 02:03 PM.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            oouch
            The importance of SOG’s, eh, e.cat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

The importance of SOG’s, eh, e.cat?
              SOG rulz;-)
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                TM played great last weekend - the rotation plan was the right one and easy to see coming (this weekend). If JH plays well again tonight that plan goes out the window and he elevates to the #1 spot for the foreseeable future. The issue last night was play in front of the goaltender during key stretches, most notably out of the gates in the first…

Atlantic Hockey Association the Rodney Dangerfield of all Div 1 hockey conferences on Saturday as their teams were 6-1-0 in seven OOC games.

Comment

I like Fitzy's game tho the last couple have been rocky. I think he just needs to find his niche in this level of play maybe? As per Devlin, I had heard that most
                  likely he won't be playing until after the break (no pun intended)...there's what, 3 games left to the break. Could see him v Army/Sacred Heart? The announcers were touting
                  our 'second in the nation' PK and you are right, there was a massive failure of sorts there. I'm sure they are quite aware and hopefully, adjustments are made tonight.

Need to remind myself the game is at 5...meanwhile, the B's v NYR is a good game to prime with.
                  It should be a reward based playing time and his last 2 games have been awful. Give Babs his time or anyone, can’t be worse.

The cast is off I believe maybe not enough time to regain strength in the hand. Maybe at Maine next Friday.

The first 5 minutes of the game will probably set the tone for the night.

Comment

• Couple of changes. No Fitzy or kristaps tonight.

Comment

• Awful...4 shots 2 goals.
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Awful...4 shots 2 goals.
                        As mookie on BU threads says, “Oh, no, we suck again.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

As mookie on BU threads says, “Oh, no, we suck again.”
                          Well finally got something going...but both starts have been really shaky...Norbert, you got your wish, Fitzgerald not in the lineup..Siedem in.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• 32-10 SOG and 2 goals???...Scarfone standing on his head. Another lousy penalty (Wynters) great job PK team. Going to be a wild 3rd!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

32-10 SOG and 2 goals???...Scarfone standing on his head. Another lousy penalty (Wynters) great job PK team. Going to be a wild 3rd!
                              And a wilder OT?

Comment

• Woo hoo!! Way to score, Cy Leclerc! Now we are 1-2-0 all time against RIT.

Comment

Working...
                                X