Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey 2023-2024 Season Thread - End Of The Cellar-Dweller Era??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

Super easy if you take a subway from either Medford or Oak Grove; Orange line puts you right at the doorstep practically...I might be there as well and that's
    how I'm getting there...maybe see you!
    How long is the ride from Oak Grove to the Mass Ave Station?
    GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post

All depends on how many times the train breaks down.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I'd say 30-35 minutes. There are some slow zone areas. Not many, though.

Comment

• Fish on Ice: a UNH Hockey Staple:
          https://tnhdigital.com/22991/uncateg...hockey-staple/
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            All depends on how many times the train breaks down.
            Sad to admit, but this is the official WIS "WISecrack of the Season" to date.

The MBTA has become about as reliable as the latest UNH rejuvenation under MS7. Lots of stops and starts.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
              Article does not get into the first 20 or so years of throwing the fish, including the “why?”, which is a shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Article does not get into the first 20 or so years of throwing the fish, including the “why?”, which is a shame.
                Article almost comes across as a plea for sponsorship/volunteers to assist UNH Athletics in keeping the fish "alive".

It's funny, I always thought the recent addition of the hazmat gear was just an OTT tongue-in-cheek gag.

But this being academia ... of course it's 100% serious. I'm only surprised Karen PETA hasn't tried to ruin it (yet) ...
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  Sad to admit, but this is the official WIS "WISecrack of the Season" to date.The MBTA has become about as reliable as the latest UNH rejuvenation under MS7. Lots of stops and starts.
                  No doubt. I was red lining in August and at times could have run faster than the train was moving.

November Service Changes Will Allow Crews to Continue Improvement Work Across MBTA System:
                  https://www.mbta.com/news/2023-10-25/november-service-changes-will-allow-crews-continue-improvement-work-across-mbta?utm_campaign=curated-content&utm_content=November+Service+Changes+Will+ Allow+Crews+to+Continue+Improvement+Work+Across+MB TA+System&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_source=hub&utm_te rm=subway

MBTA Successfully Completes Expedited Critical Track Work on Red Line Ashmont Branch and Mattapan Line, Removes All Speed Restrictions:
                  https://www.mbta.com/news/2023-10-30/mbta-successfully-completes-expedited-critical-track-work-red-line-ashmont-branch?utm_campaign=curated-content&utm_content=MBTA+Successfully+Completes+Ex pedited+Critical+Track+Work+on+Red+Line+Ashmont+Br anch+and+Mattapan+Line%2C+Removes+All+Speed+Restri ctions&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_source=hub&utm_term= subway

MBTA Announces Ambitious Track Improvement Program to Eliminate All Speed Restrictions by End of 2024:
                  https://www.mbta.com/news/2023-11-09/mbta-announces-ambitious-track-improvement-program-eliminate-all-speed-restrictions?utm_campaign=curated-content&utm_content=MBTA+Announces+Ambitious+Track +Improvement+Program+to+Eliminate+All+Speed+Restri ctions+by+End+of+2024&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_sourc e=hub&utm_term=subway

December Service Changes Will Allow Crews to Continue Improvement Work Across MBTA System:
                  https://www.mbta.com/news/2023-11-16/december-service-changes-will-allow-crews-continue-improvement-work-across-mbta?utm_campaign=curated-content&utm_content=December+Service+Changes+Will+ Allow+Crews+to+Continue+Improvement+Work+Across+MB TA+System&utm_medium=sidebar&utm_source=hub&utm_te rm=subway

and Finally...
                  Repairing the MBTA will cost $25 billion, according to new analysis:
                  https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...-new-analysis/

Comment

• Who needs stinkin’ FOW’s, eh? Certainly not Wildcats. Disclaimer: I am just looking at box score for first two periods.

Comment

• Pretty solid game for UNH with 10 minutes left. Waiting for the call on Fitzgerald’s 3rd penalty of the game. Was going to say he can’t see ice tomorrow but after a major he may have no choice. And Reid hasn’t helped. This pairing has been brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post
                        Pretty solid game for UNH with 10 minutes left. Waiting for the call on Fitzgerald’s 3rd penalty of the game. Was going to say he can’t see ice tomorrow but after a major he may have no choice. And Reid hasn’t helped. This pairing has been brutal.
                        So, apparently UNH cannot win face offs, but their PK appears to have been outstanding from what I am reading in the box score. Gotta like the extra skater tallying a goal. Maybe Fitzgerald should be sitting out tomorrow regardless of the game misconduct, as 19 penalty minutes is simply not the SMT way. Maine lost a tough one 3-2 at BU, so need to check latest PWR.

Comment

• Thrilled to see us get the W at the "House '0 Horrors" that has been Matthews Arena. Not thrilled about the penalties..ahem Fitzy...valiant tho killing off the 5 min major. I've walked out of that place many times with us being on the losing end (and big on occasion) so this was refreshing.

I also loved seeing Cy have a big night with 3 points Babbage with his first goal and Conmy getting a PPgoal. Kudos to TyMuz thought he had a good outing.

Lots of UNH fans there as well nice seeing you Norbert! Mr HR missed a good one ...
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-18-2023, 10:04 AM.
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Does anyone know if Fitzgerald’s penalty was a game misconduct or game DQ? Will he have to sit out tonight (regardless of MS7’s opinion on the matter)? Pretty tough game for Fitzgerald, a night off might be called for anyway. Besides that pretty good game, especially after being down a goal playing on the road. So far this team doesn’t seem to get too rattled as compared to past years where after some adversity the wheels would fall off. Pairwise is like looking into an alternate universe.
                            GO BLUE!

Comment

Does anyone know if Fitzgerald’s penalty was a game misconduct or game DQ? Will he have to sit out tonight (regardless of MS7’s opinion on the matter)? Pretty tough game for Fitzgerald, a night off might be called for anyway. Besides that pretty good game, especially after being down a goal playing on the road. So far this team doesn’t seem to get too rattled as compared to past years where after some adversity the wheels would fall off. Pairwise is like looking into an alternate universe.
                              CHN box score indicates it was a game misconduct...he should sit tonight as he 'cost' the 'Cats 9 penalty minutes; cutting him slack as he's a rookie but he has to
                              learn that is not acceptable. I do like his game tho and didn't see the hit but heard it was not ok and obviously neither did NU as they challenged the initial penalty....
                              (was great to kill that 5 min major but if we were playing a team like BU...)

Agree; this team played it tough all night. Got to thinking about our 'inability' to score ENG's in a couple of games this season (had some close ones last night) and had
                              this thought: UNH isn't usually in that position when you think about it (as in the past few seasons) and NU did a great job of defending it. Of course you can when
                              you have that extra player. Nice to be in that position I guess!

Figured they were more interested in playing a defensive game at that point- too bad that last goal went in but it was a top shelf beauty. Would be nice to get those
                              points tonight am expecting a battle!

As per looking at pairwise I have to rub my eyes a few times just to make sure I'm reading it right ha! Go 'Cats!!
                              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• It is hard not to be excited so far. NU is pretty awful right now though. I’d consider it a very successful season if we won 6 of our next 9, taking care of the ooc opponents, and went .500 from there. The way we are playing that is our over/under and right now I’d bet the over. Pinch me.

Comment

Working...
                                X