Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey 2023-2024 Season Thread - End Of The Cellar-Dweller Era??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post

No, not chopped liver by any stretch. Just recognizing that the next tournament team they beat on the road this year will be the first. Still, will surely watch in hopes of a grand surprise!
    Well you got me there (road record)!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

Excellent summary! Agree on Kullen and O’Connor. Of those players you mention that they recruited, Dean is 15th all time for UNH alums in NHL games played with 331, Plavsic 22nd with 214 NHL games, and Winnes 33rd with 33 NHL games played. Flanagan played two seasons in the IHL and ECHL; Mitrovic eight seasons in the ECHL, CoHL, and WCHL; Amodeo nine seasons on the Canadian Team, ECHL, and Europe; and Morrow eleven seasons in the AHL, IHL, and ECHL. Will be interesting to see how MS7’s recruits fare post-UNH.
      In those days it was much harder for a College player to even get to the NHL. There was a giant bias for Major Junior, with the NHL very focused on ultra physical play (boxing on ice). Today the NHL game has opened up with fair more emphasis on skill and speed.
      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

• Originally posted by JB View Post

In those days it was much harder for a College player to even get to the NHL. There was a giant bias for Major Junior, with the NHL very focused on ultra physical play (boxing on ice). Today the NHL game has opened up with fair more emphasis on skill and speed.
        Agreed. Makes the number of NHL games played by Langway, Leach, Gould, Hislop, Jay Miller (less emphasis on skill there), Lumley, Bob Miller, Brickley, Douris, Lacombe, and Crowder all the more impressive.

Last edited by Snively65; 03-16-2024, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• This one is hard to predict but I am feeling 5-3. Now don’t ask me who has what?

Comment

• Well the time has come I hope we have something to cheer about in a couple hours go UNH!

Comment

• The anticipation level/build up this week has been great. Go ’cats!
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Maine’s announcers and TV production make you appreciate what a good job the UNH crew does. Why is the color guys mic 2x the volume of the play by play?

Comment

• Originally posted by teez View Post
                  Maine’s announcers and TV production make you appreciate what a good job the UNH crew does. Why is the color guys mic 2x the volume of the play by play?
                  You’ll find out soon enough.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• The Maniac announcers are terrible. Mannix is annoying. The other guy is okay.
                    Last edited by e.cat; 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM.
                    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• So far so good, hit iron but I think were in for a wild finish

Comment

• Originally posted by Ferrrao1994 View Post
                        So far so good, hit iron but I think were in for a wild finish
                        Agreed...

Pretty decent start at least keeping the crowd out of it (for now) Stats pretty even SOG we are winning FO's and blocked shots. Believe we had a post?

Let's gooo 'Cats!

Comment

• To be fair, the UNH broadcast is top notch. Maine’s isn’t all that bad. UNH video quality is a little better. Might be the lighting.
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                            To be fair, the UNH broadcast is top notch. Maine’s isn’t all that bad. UNH video quality is a little better. Might be the lighting.
                            They could have said Jakob's name correctly and even misspelled it...but hey whatev....just keep hustling 'Cats!

Comment

• Two defenders played the puck and left nadeau wide open. Gotta find a way to get the next goal..

Comment

• Well, I did not make the drive to Orono, and neither did Dick Umile or Franz van Riemsdyk, as they were interviewed in the NESN studio during the first intermission at the Garden just now.

Go Cats!

Comment

Working...
                                X