Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey 2023-2024 Season Thread - End Of The Cellar-Dweller Era??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

It just boggles the mind where UNH could be right now if they won/tied one (1) more winnable HEA game last month ...
    This right here! So many games they coulda/shoulda won, a couple of those would have made such a huge difference in the HE standings and the PWR. So typical and so frustrating.
    GO BLUE!

Comment

It just boggles the mind where UNH could be right now if they won/tied one (1) more winnable HEA game last month ...
      This right here! So many games they coulda/shoulda won, a couple of those would have made such a huge difference in the HE standings and the PWR. So typical and so frustrating.
      GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
        Tell me about it...sigh...welp, let's see where they go from here but yeah..
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Good win last night. Just win baby (tonight)! It will be interesting to see how it all sugars off.
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Have to remark just one more time about the Conmy goal last night; we were sitting at their goal and wow, it was just ripped! He is a pure goal scorer...
            reminds me of TyK so much in the way he plays. Also, kudos to Harrison Blaisdell one more time for his goals and his great season. Wish he could come back but...

Go 'Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Have to remark just one more time about the Conmy goal last night; we were sitting at their goal and wow, it was just ripped! He is a pure goal scorer...
              reminds me of TyK so much in the way he plays. Also, kudos to Harrison Blaisdell one more time for his goals and his great season. Wish he could come back but...

Go 'Cats!
              Conmy’s goal was a snipe! Also, don’t forget Ring and Cafarelli, those guys played really well last night, fourth line no less.
              GO BLUE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post

Dan, what former UNH players would you consider comps for those three guys?

Thanks
                I haven't watched any of them enough to truly know how they'd comp alongside former UNHers. So take these with a grain of salt...

However, I'd expect the MacPherson twins to be more offensively focused & gifted along the lines of an Andrew Poturalski; proven scorers, hungry to impact the offensive end with the ability to help defensively primarily through their transition & possession games. Sadowski seems to be a more well-rounded, two-way prospect similar to Grayson Downing; a dependable player who can handle two-way responsibility while contributing a lot of offense on a top-line or creating for himself on a secondary line...

I love these three - I'd push in my chips and bring them all to Durham NEXT year. The rest of the incoming prospects don't resonate at this level for me, with the potential exception of the future goalie, Grout...
                Live Free or Die!!
                Miami University '03

Comment

• Food for thought.

Here's the kind of money that can be raised with NEW & EXCITING NCAA Tournament level play, as opposed to we finally snuck over .500 for the first time in a decade, which MAYBE means we FINALLY figured something out excitement...

https://www.uscho.com/2024/03/09/mai...-womens-teams/

--

Do you hang onto that 10-dollar bill, when the right adjustment could have dozens lined up to hand you hundreds?
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I haven't watched any of them enough to truly know how they'd comp alongside former UNHers. So take these with a grain of salt...

However, I'd expect the MacPherson twins to be more offensively focused & gifted along the lines of an Andrew Poturalski; proven scorers, hungry to impact the offensive end with the ability to help defensively primarily through their transition & possession games. Sadowski seems to be a more well-rounded, two-way prospect similar to Grayson Downing; a dependable player who can handle two-way responsibility while contributing a lot of offense on a top-line or creating for himself on a secondary line...

I love these three - I'd push in my chips and bring them all to Durham NEXT year. The rest of the incoming prospects don't resonate at this level for me, with the potential exception of the future goalie, Grout...
                    Jayden Connors, too.
                    The Souza record:
                    15-16 10th place
                    16-17 10th place
                    17-18 11th place
                    18-19 8th place
                    19-20 9th place
                    20-21 10th place
                    21-22 9th place
                    22-23 10th place

Comment

• Lot of movement in teams above UNH in PWR after last night’s games.

No. 10 UMass-Flagship dropped to 14th, from 53 to 50 PWR points
                      No. 12 Michigan climbed to 10th, from 52 to 53 PWR points
                      No. 14 St Clown dropped to 16th, from 50 to 49 PWR points
                      No. 15 W Michigan rose to 12th, from 49 to 51 PWR points
                      No. 16 Omaha rose to 15th, from 49 to 50 PWR points

No. 11 CC stayed same with 52 PWR points
                      No. 13 PC stayed same with 51 PWR points
                      No. 17 Cornell stayed same with 47 PWR points
                      No. 18 UNH stayed same with 46 PWR points
                      No. 19 AZ State stayed same with 46 PWR points
                      No. 20 NU stayed same with 44 PWR points

Besides UMass-Bazin at UNH, games to watch tonight that could impact more PWR movement:
                      1. UMass-Flagship at Maine
                      2. NU at PC
                      3. Miami vs W Michigan
                      4. Duluth vs St Clown
                      5. Nodak vs Omaha
                      6. DU vs CC
                      7. NICC vs W Michigan

Comment

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post

Conmy’s goal was a snipe! Also, don’t forget Ring and Cafarelli, those guys played really well last night, fourth line no less.
                        Oooo absolutely!! Should have mentioned them as well...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Thanks Dan.

Good stuff, appreciate the insight.
                          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• PlayoffStatus.com has following probabilities for HEA final standings:

UMass 63% 4th, 37% 5th
                            PC 37% 4th, 45% 5th, 17% 65th
                            UNH 17% 5th, 83% 6th
                            Mack 84% 10th, 16% 11th
                            UML 16% 10th, 84% 12th

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              PlayoffStatus.com has following probabilities for HEA final standings:

UMass 63% 4th, 37% 5th
                              PC 37% 4th, 45% 5th, 17% 65th
                              UNH 17% 5th, 83% 6th
                              Mack 84% 10th, 16% 11th
                              UML 16% 10th, 84% 12th
                              UNH in 6th now since Providence got a point and they lost tie breaker with UMass even if UMass loses to Maine. The tie breaker ended up being conference win percentage, slight edge to UMass. So win Wednesday and we will welcome you to Alfond next Saturday!

Comment

LOL. You mean the "long term extension" that has yet to be revealed to anyone except you, right?? ;-)

Hard to believe any UMaine-iacs are threatened by the possibility UNH might do what UMaine did, i.e. get rid of a long-time mediocre coach and take a swing at a new guy who might resurrect a key rival. What's the worry, sparky??
                                After UNH wins the play in game would be perfect time to announce the extension. A high point heading up to rival Maine for the quarterfinals. PR is everything!

Comment

Working...
                                X