Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey 2023-2024 Season Thread - End Of The Cellar-Dweller Era??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Moose is back on the lineup sheet but not playing. I think it might be tough for him to see action the rest of the year. Maybe against BC is they are expecting a sweep. Fitzy back in with Reid. Can't wait to see how many PIM he gets tonight and if he can improve on his -8.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by norbert View Post
      Moose is back on the lineup sheet but not playing. I think it might be tough for him to see action the rest of the year. Maybe against BC is they are expecting a sweep. Fitzy back in with Reid. Can't wait to see how many PIM he gets tonight and if he can improve on his -8.
      To put Fitzgerald’s contributions on the blue line in perspective:

      player, total points, +/-, penalty minutes
      Huard, 20, +1, 12
      Reid, 13, +2, 14
      Lindner, 10, +3, 0
      Gagne, 10, +5, 18
      Jenson, 7, +8, 0
      Babbage, 5, +5, 0
      Fitzgerald, 3, -8, 42

      With both games this weekend on the line, a very bold move by MS7 returning Fitzgerald to the lineup.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

        To put Fitzgerald’s contributions on the blue line in perspective:

        player, total points, +/-, penalty minutes
        Huard, 20, +1, 12
        Reid, 13, +2, 14
        Lindner, 10, +3, 0
        Gagne, 10, +5, 18
        Jenson, 7, +8, 0
        Babbage, 5, +5, 0
        Fitzgerald, 3, -8, 42

        With both games this weekend on the line, a very bold move by MS7 returning Fitzgerald to the lineup.
        To quote the movie Dodgeball 'It's a bold strategy Cotton let's see if it pays off for them"...
        I'm just here for the hockey...

        Comment


        • https://www.recorder.com/UMass-hocke...t-UNH-54149363

          Here's an excellent article that has great analysis for this weekend series.

          Comment


          • 2 early penalties from UNH already... they have to play with more discipline.

            Comment


            • UNH lucky those goals were overturned...5 PP chances as well...played somewhat better in the second but over all not getting any decent looks.

              I'm just here for the hockey...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                UNH lucky those goals were overturned...5 PP chances as well...played somewhat better in the second but over all not getting any decent looks.
                And I believe no shots. I’d take 2 guys in a wheelchair now before letting Huard and Fitzy play. Tough stumble by Alex on the 2nd goal

                Comment


                • One step forward two steps back. Gotta win tomorrow.

                  Comment


                  • Meh...just meh. Tomorrow is another day. That power play really irks me. Should be called PPP: Pathetic Power Play.

                    UMass played a heavy defensive game..their #11 is a big kid.
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-23-2024, 10:45 PM.
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

                    Comment


                    • Crushing dreams, it’s the one thing their really good at.
                      GO BLUE!

                      Comment


                      • Still 17th in PWR. Win tomorrow at the Whitt, split with BC next weekend (Eagles only scored 7 against UVM at Conte tonight), sweep UML, and we are right back in the hunt.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
                          Crushing dreams, it’s the one thing their really good at.
                          This is why we can't have nice things..its not that we played badly but had very few decent scoring opps. Would have been 5-2 ? If those goals had stood.

                          Pretty much expected this...they havent learned or decided to just take care of business when they have to.
                          Really is too bad but maybe they turn it around tomorrow.
                          I'm just here for the hockey...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

                            This is why we can't have nice things..its not that we played badly but had very few decent scoring opps. Would have been 5-2 ? If those goals had stood.

                            Pretty much expected this...they havent learned or decided to just take care of business when they have to.
                            Really is too bad but maybe they turn it around tomorrow.
                            I think they played terrible hockey. Huard had a puck at the point and tried to pass across to the other D and it was picked off, lucky it wasn't a breakaway. On the 2nd goal Alex fell which was tough, but Jensen completely misplayed the 2 on 1. The more and more I watch, defense is just terrible. They don't need to play great but the basics are missing.

                            And the power play. Can we decline from now on? In a must win game tomorrow, I say MS7 changes things up and puts Moose in net for his first game since 1/27 against VT.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by norbert View Post

                              I think they played terrible hockey. Huard had a puck at the point and tried to pass across to the other D and it was picked off, lucky it wasn't a breakaway. On the 2nd goal Alex fell which was tough, but Jensen completely misplayed the 2 on 1. The more and more I watch, defense is just terrible. They don't need to play great but the basics are missing.

                              And the power play. Can we decline from now on? In a must win game tomorrow, I say MS7 changes things up and puts Moose in net for his first game since 1/27 against VT.
                              Well I did say our PP is beyond atrocious...and I don't see how playing Muszelik makes for better hockey tonight..Hellsten isn't the reason they lost.

                              Wasn't pretty but it wasn't Army...close tho!! What frustrates me so much is the inconsistency. You have to give UMass some credit tho I dont think they were that great either; seems we paid for our mistakes more.

                              Offensively we werent that much better ; haven't looked at the final stats...

                              Again...came down to the basics and we just don't have it on a nightly basics when we need it the most.
                              .
                              UMass is pretty good on the road...I predict a sweep.
                              Prove me wrong 'Cats!
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-24-2024, 09:11 AM.
                              I'm just here for the hockey...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Still 17th in PWR. Win tomorrow at the Whitt, split with BC next weekend (Eagles only scored 7 against UVM at Conte tonight), sweep UML, and we are right back in the hunt.
                                Hope you’re right 65. It all starts tonight.
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X