Independents 2023-2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Was glad the UAA / Air Force game was on youtube tonight. UAA looked pretty impressive ... pesky and determined. Jared Whale was solid in net. Glad to see them 3-2-0 so early into the season. Hope to make it to a game one of these days, if I can get tickets!
    Bamber is right, they have that dog. Gonna be some growing pains learning to consistently close out games, but I'm glad to be complaining about that here in year 2.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Will be an interesting year. Alaska should be very tough again this season returning most of their squad from last year. Goaltending is the question mark though, but Michigan St transfer Pierse Charleson has been very solid the last four games (against ranked Michigan Tech and St Cloud). Nanooks went an impressive 2-1-1 in that stretch, with all games on the road. Await UAA on Nov 3/4 for first two games of the Governors Cup series.

Comment

Late on players of the week from last week due to traveling.

Week 3 players of the week.

Forward

Ben Almquist UAA
        2 goals 1 Assist

Defense

Arvils Bergmanis UAF
        1 goal 1 assist

Goalie

Trent Burnham LU
        94 saves on 100 shots

Rookie

Anthony Dowd ASU
        2 assists

Rankings

Arizona State

Alaska Fairbanks

Alaska Anchorage

Augustana

Lindenwood

Long Island

Stonehill

Comment

Week 4 players of the week

Forward

Adam Tisdale UAA
          2 goals 1 assist

Defenseman

Charles Banquier Stonehill
          1 goal 7 blocks

Goalie

Jared Whale UAA
          52 saves on 54 shots

Rookie

Aiden Westin UAA
          1 goal 2 assists

Rankings

Arizona State

Alaska Fairbanks

Alaska Anchorage

Augustana

Long Island

Lindenwood

Stonehill

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
            Week 4 players of the week

Goalie

Jared Whale UAA
            52 saves on 54 shots

Rookie

Aiden Westin UAA
            1 goal 2 assists

Gibson Homer - ASU as Rookie of the week, 23 saves on 24 shots against a team with a (current) PWR in the top 5.

Comment

Hi Will! I didn't know you were in Texas. Our daughter, s-i-l and 3 granddaughters moved to San Antonio a year and a half ago. We go down for a month or more in December / January. Hope you are both well!
              I accidently bought two tickets in the dry seated section for the home closer against Arizona State, if you are in town and would like them for free let me know!
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by NookAlum View Post
                Will be an interesting year. Alaska should be very tough again this season returning most of their squad from last year. Goaltending is the question mark though, but Michigan St transfer Pierse Charleson has been very solid the last four games (against ranked Michigan Tech and St Cloud). Nanooks went an impressive 2-1-1 in that stretch, with all games on the road. Await UAA on Nov 3/4 for first two games of the Governors Cup series.
                I'm cautiously optimistic, this is one of the best Seawolf teams I've seen. The team is not gun shy, opponents give us respect while we have the puck, and multiple players want to get the game winning goal. Whale has improved soo much, there were flashes of good play last season, but now I think he's find his zone. Can't overplay him though, at least not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post

I accidently bought two tickets in the dry seated section for the home closer against Arizona State, if you are in town and would like them for free let me know!
                  Are you talking about the game in March?
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Is Stonehill part of the PWR this year???

cuz that was almost (and still kind of is) a disaster for AZ State’s tournament hopes last night if so

Comment

Originally posted by bruinsfan11 View Post
                      Is Stonehill part of the PWR this year???

cuz that was almost (and still kind of is) a disaster for AZ State’s tournament hopes last night if so
                      Yes they are. Supposedly a school's PWR rating is not penalized by a win over a school with a low PWR. But it hurts a PWR in comparison to other high ranking schools playing each other, ASU's win dropped it from #8 to #20.
                      I was thinking the series would be a blowout for ASU. Either Stone Hill is better than their record or ASU is worse, probably a combination of both?
                      Watch PWR next weekend when ASU plays Denver. If ASU splits with them I suspect ASU's PWR will be in the top 10. It's kind of crazy but fairly objective

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post

Yes they are. Supposedly a school's PWR rating is not penalized by a win over a school with a low PWR. But it hurts a PWR in comparison to other high ranking schools playing each other, ASU's win dropped it from #8 to #20.
                        I was thinking the series would be a blowout for ASU. Either Stone Hill is better than their record or ASU is worse, probably a combination of both?
                        Watch PWR next weekend when ASU plays Denver. If ASU splits with them I suspect ASU's PWR will be in the top 10. It's kind of crazy but fairly objective
                        Gotcha; an OT win is still only 2/3 of a win though (but at least it wasn’t a tie or loss)

Comment

Are you talking about the game in March?
                          March 9th, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post

March 9th, yes.
                            I may need a couple extra tix around that time, company visiting. I would buy them from you but I won't know if it will work until about a week before. So don't hold them for me but if you still have them at that time......

Comment

Week 5 players of the week

Offense

Anton Rubtsov UAF
                              5 assists

Defense

Greg Japchen Stonehill
                              4 assists 3 blocks

Rookie

Anthony Dowd ASU
                              1 goal 3 assists

Goalie