Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio State 2023-2924 Sixty Years and Still Waiting for a Natty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

The parasite is 4 and a lot of fun/less parasitic these days. I was excited when she actually wanted to wear a hockey jersey to the game a few weeks ago.
    Do you have a Michigan jersey her size? If not you've GOT to get her one. My grandchildren live in Oxford and both parents are Miami grads so I have my work cut out making sure they don't grow up Miami hockey fans! With the alumni band at Yost this weekend any chance of dusting off your trumpet and joining them?
    I wish I could be up there for the games but with them scheduled there so early this year my cousin in Northville who we usually stay with is in the UP deer hunting.

Comment

Well surprisingly two tickets dropped in my lap for Saturdays game. Hitting the road soon as the football game is over should get me to Yost right around faceoff. A long evening with the drive up & back but should be fun!

Comment

Down 1-5 with about 12 left. Not good. Rebuilding year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
          Yeah, it was pretty ugly. Michigan skated much faster beating us to the puck and they were more successful on the PP than we were. Also doesn't help when your shots are on net and our D was far to often allowing Michigan to get off quality shooting attempts. We'll see if they can turn it around tomorrow, if they can't I'm going to catch a lot of crap from my Michigan cousins. It's already bad enough my wife is a Wolverine!
          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-20-2023, 10:46 PM.

Comment

The parasite is 4 and a lot of fun/less parasitic these days. I was excited when she actually wanted to wear a hockey jersey to the game a few weeks ago.
            Major Smile; Huge Thumbs Up. This is a memory for the ages. My daughter is in her twenties now. But I remember the first Buckeye Jacket & Jersey Days like they were yesterday. Cherish these moments!

The Yost atmosphere will be a little different this weekend. The marching band is headed to East Lansing for football, so it will be the alumni band both nights. I'll be curious to see the crowd (or lack thereof) Saturday as football @ MSU is at the same time and most Michigan fans pick football over hockey.
            Obviously that's true here as well.

But always remember: Hockey People > Football Only Fans. Always.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
              And it ended at 7-1. Yikes.

No where to go but up. It's still very early in the season; the opportunity to move up is there. But Yikes.

Comment

A much more competitive game tonight compared to the bloodbath of Fridays game. We scored early and looked like we were going to hold onto the lead until we were called for tripping and Michigan scored on the PP. Now I'm not sour grapeing but it was a bad call. I was right behind the glass straight on to it maybe 10 feet away and had a significantly clearer view than the ref had. Both players were shoulder to shoulder racing to the puck against the boards and the Michigan player simply lost his edge trying to stop hard. Those goal are hard to swallow when the PP was undeserved. On a positive note Michigan couldn't score on us this game even strength and the shootout win takes away much of the sting from Fridays loss. I'm very much looking forward to the series against Michigan on our home ice!

Comment

After Friday, grabbing 2 of 3 points on Saturday feels almost too good to be true! Congrats the players and coaches on the outstanding bounce back.

Comment

I also got to see and talk with former Buckeye and NHL player Rod Pelley who was there scouting for the Islanders. It was great to see him!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      Well surprisingly two tickets dropped in my lap for Saturdays game. Hitting the road soon as the football game is over should get me to Yost right around faceoff. A long evening with the drive up & back but should be fun!
                      I wish I had read this before Saturday's game, I would have tried to say hi.
                      Yes, I played with the alumni band this weekend. Yes, the parasite has a hockey jersey that fits her. She and daddy were at the game Saturday, but she was in a Michigan dress, not her jersey.

Impressive game by your team Saturday. While I prefered the blow-out on Friday, it was an exciting game on Saturday. Better crowd/atmoshpere than I expected going up against football.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G
                      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                      2 Alaskan

Comment

I wish I had read this before Saturday's game, I would have tried to say hi.
                        I'm sorry I missed you guys. I might have confused the parasite though saying Go Blue to her coming from a guy in an Ohio State jersey. LOL. Hopefully I can be there next year, Yost has such a great atmosphere for hockey.

Comment

Not a bad weekend for the Buckeyes playing at former CCHA rival Nebraska,-Omaha with a shootout win on Friday and a 4-0 shutout win Saturday. My only disappointment is no conference point for our effort.

Comment

This team isn't going to sniff the tournament this year. It's a full-blown rebuilding year, which we seem to have every four years or so. Already have two blow out losses (combined score 13-0) including one at home last night.

Comment

Change in leadership is needed.

Comment

I know its not a win but they earned the 2 points tonight. They out played the gophers for the better part of the last game and a half of this series and could have won the game tonight. The Freshman was really good when needed in net tonight. Nice to see some improvement to end the first half of the season. The loss of McWard, Dobes, and Lohrei are really being felt but the lack of scoring is very puzzling considering who is back on the forward end.

Comment

Working...
                                X