Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 - 2024 SEASON : Boston College

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The TV announcers today were almost at a loss for words trying to say how good BC looked.
    Chris V
    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

    Comment


    • Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      About now it's ok to at least peak at the PWR. An extremely early hypothetical but let's say QU, BU, BC all end up with #1 seeds and BC is lowest ranked of the three. Hello Missouri! Another stupid regional there and a terrible state for BC hockey. So if you can't catch QU/BU maybe a 2 seed somewhere is more appealing. Again, just something to monitor.
      I hear you on this but have to believe that BC and BU are likely to pull away from QU in PWR. As we move back into HE play, we should pick up more points from higher ranked teams, while pulling in more comps than QU will from their ECAC opponents. We have to keep winning of course and who knows what will happen to teams like Maine, UMass, Providence etc, but I would bet their wins will exceed everyone else in ECAC beside Q.
      Quite likely that Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan State, Denver might make “pairwise” improvements as they pick up comps in higher rated in conference opponents. We will face BU at least 3 games, and probably 4 (HE tournament). That comparison will loom large if Q hangs around the top 4.

      Comment


      • Would be great to finish this weekend with a sweep and take out HU on Sunday considering how important NC games are but I have a lot of concern this foolishly scheduled contest will be problematic and the boys will be jet lagged. They did already land tonight and have a day of rest in between but I don’t like the way these two games were scheduled.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          Would be great to finish this weekend with a sweep and take out HU on Sunday considering how important NC games are but I have a lot of concern this foolishly scheduled contest will be problematic and the boys will be jet lagged. They did already land tonight and have a day of rest in between but I don’t like the way these two games were scheduled.
          I understand the concern, but I watched a lot of Harvard and UMass yesterday and the way that Harvard struggled defensively in that game, I really don't think BC's offense is the cure for what ails them.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

          Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

          BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

          Comment


          • I was at Harvard yesterday. Shots 49-18, faceoffs 51-24 UMass. UMass goalie had an off night, kept H in the game. Got yanked in the 2d, H leading 5-3. UMass allowed 4 shots on net from there on. BC should survive this game on Sunday.

            Comment


            • Most teams play back to back all season long, instead of a bus ride in between they have a longer plane ride in between and this one isn't even back to back. They should be fine and from what I read Harvard does not have the weapons they had last year. Should be a win 4 or 5 to 1.

              Comment


              • I think a couple guys got banged up yesterday but returned to game. Avenged a NC loss from last year by beating ND. Would be nice to do the same to Harvard after last year's Beanpot. We'll see how they come out. A big win over ND in a sold out Compton could lead to a letdown at snoozy Bright.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  About now it's ok to at least peak at the PWR. An extremely early hypothetical but let's say QU, BU, BC all end up with #1 seeds and BC is lowest ranked of the three. Hello Missouri! Another stupid regional there and a terrible state for BC hockey. So if you can't catch QU/BU maybe a 2 seed somewhere is more appealing. Again, just something to monitor.
                  IF that happens, whomever wins hea tourney would stay east (as well deserved) mookie thinks. quite justified.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

                    IF that happens, whomever wins hea tourney would stay east (as well deserved) mookie thinks. quite justified.
                    That's probably the way the numbers would dictate anyway. Top 4 in PWR all Eastern teams right now with three from HE. Around this time last year is when Hockey East took a nosedive by losing some really bad games.

                    Comment


                    • Mediocre first period, good second period, great third period.

                      Huge weekend... these guys spent Turkey Day in South Bend, IN and away from home and you like to see them get rewarded for that.

                      With this non-conference record, BC is really cemented into a good spot.

                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

                      Comment


                      • Kind of a sluggish start, neither team had a lot of offensive presence in the first, lots of video review, goal disallowed, two other good goal reviews. Nice to see Ambrosio score his first on a breakaway and penalty. Jellvik continues to play well and sets up Gauthier for a chip shot. Harvard was worn out in the third and had long stretches where BC's offensive pressure would not allow Harvard to change. Good road game win.

                        Comment


                        • 10 goals for and only 2 against this weekend. The one H goal today was off an ill advised clearing attempt. BC hit the post twice today and got robbed by the H goalie on another shot. Had a great cycle for their first goal, might have been the one waived off. They completely wore out H #14 defenseman. The more they improve their cycle the much tougher they will be to score on.

                          Any injury update on Bengstrom?

                          Go Eagles!

                          Comment


                          • 10 goals versus 2 GAA this weekend! They have really cut down on their turnovers and improved their cycle. Those areas to me are the most important when it comes to the post season. When they protect the puck it makes it really difficult for the opponent to get a lot of good scoring chances.

                            The passing is at an elite level and so fun to watch.

                            Go Eagles!

                            Comment


                            • Hard to find much to complain about right now. Keep doing what they're doing.
                              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

                              Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                              BC - 12
                              BU - 2

                              BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

                              Comment


                              • Always things they can do better but one obvious area of improvement is face offs, centermen are getting beat pretty consistently. Posma may be the only one at or around 50%.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X