No announcement yet.

2023 - 2024 SEASON : Boston College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s a dumb rule IMO but was the correct call because it is a rule (and I was a goalie- kind of)

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      These will be the first games at Alfond since Lewiston. Maine is back in a big way this year. Gonna be a very difficult series.
      Last year’s team would definitely be swept but this year they have a much better chance

The depth and talent on this team is night and day

The chemistry between Jelvik and Cambrio has added to the effectiveness of this line and depth
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

https://x.com/bchockeyblogger/status...Q39ollo3Xkd3Lg

Would be a massive pickup. Cherry on top of this incoming class

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
          https://x.com/bchockeyblogger/status...Q39ollo3Xkd3Lg

Would be a massive pickup. Cherry on top of this incoming class
          Overall, BCs pipeline is short on numbers compared to other schools. But if the end result is Greg Brown flipping a first round prospect, keep it coming. They're not done on the recruiting trail. He's been pretty selective/methodical.

Comment

Interesting enough, fellow BC commit Jake Sondreal is also from Woodbury, Minnesota. Perhaps there is some sort of relationship there with Skahan. Just a projection on my part but for next season:

Out

F (5): Malone, Armstrong, Ambrosio, Shamburger, Gauthier
            D (2): Bengtsson, Powell

In

F (5): James Hagens, Gavin Cornforth, Jake Sondreal, Teddy Stiga, Justin Solovey
            D (2): Michael Hagens, Will Skahan

If that's how it shakes out it's a very good class. Hagens should offset the loss of Gauthier and the hope is you get a 2nd year out of Will Smith, Ryan Leonard, Gabe Perreault. Next year should be another great team.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Interesting enough, fellow BC commit Jake Sondreal is also from Woodbury, Minnesota. Perhaps there is some sort of relationship there with Skahan. Just a projection on my part but for next season:

Out

F (5): Malone, Armstrong, Ambrosio, Shamburger, Gauthier
              D (2): Bengtsson, Powell

In

F (5): James Hagens, Gavin Cornforth, Jake Sondreal, Teddy Stiga, Justin Solovey
              D (2): Michael Hagens, Will Skahan

If that's how it shakes out it's a very good class. Hagens should offset the loss of Gauthier and the hope is you get a 2nd year out of Will Smith, Ryan Leonard, Gabe Perreault. Next year should be another great team.
              I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gasseau sign as well. Their interest with Humphreys would make more sense

Comment

These faceoff losses are really starting to infuriate me

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                  These faceoff losses are really starting to infuriate me
                  It was really bad last weekend too. Feels like Ambrosio is the only one that can win one.

This top line has ghosted 5x5 for a long time now. It's sad.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Thoughts? I don't think they played poorly just never cashed in on their chances and came out for the third like they popped a few Luudes in the locker room (cerebral palsy phase). Game was lost in the first 5 mins of the second and first 5 mins of the third. Gasseau choked on a 2 on 0 in the first as well. Had great chances they couldn't bury in the early second including one post and then they went to sleep.

Need to see more from Gasseau and Cutter. Cutter is doing very little 5 on 5. Might need to shake up the lines although I don't think you break up the freshman line. But they need to get Cutter going. And please someone call in Gabe's dad from Chicago and get him on the ice for some faceoff instruction; he's currently helping Bedard on that.

Still 7-2-0 with the difficult early schedule and the youngest team in the NCAA is solid. Need to take care of business tomorrow.
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Puck possession is the key to winning hockey games, (most of the time) and to lose at the dot 64 to 18 is basically all you need to know. Both Smith and Gauthier were out to lunch. Hard to believe that it would be that lopsided. The second goal was directly off a face off win, Fowler did not have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                        Puck possession is the key to winning hockey games, (most of the time) and to lose at the dot 64 to 18 is basically all you need to know. Both Smith and Gauthier were out to lunch. Hard to believe that it would be that lopsided. The second goal was directly off a face off win, Fowler did not have a chance.
                        100% this. Need them to book Gabe’s Pops a first class ticket out to work with the centers yesterday. They’re now 55th in the country at face offs. This team has a shot to make a very deep run this year but that isn’t happening with performances like that at the face off dot

edit: in case some here don’t know this, Gabe’s father, Yanic Perreault, is considered arguably the best face off center in NHL history. He has the highest career face off win% in NHL history. Pick up the phone
                        Last edited by sigx15; 11-11-2023, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I did not know that but I would sign him up as a position coach, our face off coach. Can we get him to Orono this afternoon.

Comment

I've wondered about the Gasseau-Gauthier-Malone line from first viewing. Not sure they are simpatico? Also, would like to see Gustafson given a chance on the PP. I think he can create more with his skating ability than Powell does.

Comment

Originally posted by PullTheGoalie View Post
                              I've wondered about the Gasseau-Gauthier-Malone line from first viewing. Not sure they are simpatico? Also, would like to see Gustafson given a chance on the PP. I think he can create more with his skating ability than Powell does.
                              Ya I would hate to do it to Ambrosio but I'd like to see Jellvik up with Gauthier moving forward too. Frankly, if they had another center, I'd like to see Gauthier moved to the wing with Ambrosio and Jellvik together, that line would be a wagon. They just don't have the center depth to make it work in my mind. I think the PP has looked a lot better since they made the change a few games ago but I agree, I'm not a huge fan of Powell at the top either

Comment

Faceoffs seem a bit better tonight. Scoring on their early Grade A chances is the same as last night though.

Comment

Working...
                                X