Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mental lapses and breakdowns lead to problems

​​Fix the problem and do not let teams break back into the game
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Biggest surprise so far is definitely that "3rd" line. Brown had some praise for Jellvik after the game. He and Ambrosio have been dynamite so far. And when you have three lines that can score you are in business.

Defensively they have done a pretty good job in front of Fowler. Limiting shots and PK has been better. Clean up the penalties a bit would be my biggest gripe. But 4-1 right now is right where they should be. Tough to sweep anybody but if they can find a way to get it done tonight and be 5-1 that puts them in tremendous shape.

Comment

Agree, Jellvik and Ambrosio's chemistry has been outstanding. Scoring depth is very nice to have. Fourth line has been kind of weak so far but should improve whenever Armstrong is back. Need to cut down on the penalties though.

They could really set themselves up well going forward with a win tonight.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

5-1 to start is absolutely huge. Cleaner game and great job getting the sweep.
          Last edited by J.D.; 10-27-2023, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Nothing to complain about tonight... this team is legit. 5-1-0 is a solid, solid start.

The shot-blocking stuff is amazing to see. It's like they studied other successful teams in the country recently and discovered this important aspect of the game.

It'll be interesting to see how they do in Hockey East.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Fowler really had his A game going last night. Taking two from a quality non-league opponent like Michigan State is big. Good to have momentum going into Hockey East play as the league looks like it is very strong this year.
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
              BU - 2

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                Fourth line has been kind of weak so far but should improve whenever Armstrong is back.
                I don't think the fourth line is as weak as you say. Skill wise Shamburger may not be as talented but his aggressiveness certainly shows. Posma could easily be a top 6 elsewhere and both he and Joyce have been incredibly helpful on the penalty kill with all the penalties BC has had. Not many teams can put 4th liners comfortably out on the PK. With Armstrong this line is probably BC's best 4th line in many years including those championship teams. Another big plus is having Leddy as your 7th defenseman. He has made some spectacular plays on defense. I cannot recall having a 7th defenseman that reliable who could easily fill in on any pairing.
                Last edited by BC/HE; 10-28-2023, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Posma and Joyce are good 4th liners. But once you get beyond Armstrong it's pretty thin. The depth is on defense which is why you see 7 dmen every night and Nolan Joyce can't even crack the lineup after a good year in USHL. Shamburger probably shouldn't be seeing a regular shift.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Shamburger probably shouldn't be seeing a regular shift.
                    This. He somehow has two total points in over 50 career games with BC, which is some sort of an accomplishment. When Arrmstrong comes back, Shamburger should be in a shirt and tie. Alas he has an "A" on his chest, some I'm guessing Joyce will be the one who ends up in the stands.
                    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                    BU - 2

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post

This. He somehow has two total points in over 50 career games with BC, which is some sort of an accomplishment. When Arrmstrong comes back, Shamburger should be in a shirt and tie. Alas he has an "A" on his chest, some I'm guessing Joyce will be the one who ends up in the stands.
                      He does have an A but he was next man up when Armstrong went down. So I do think when Armstrong is healthy he will return to that 4th line with Posma and Joyce. He was in there opening night against QU but don't think he has played since.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

He does have an A but he was next man up when Armstrong went down. So I do think when Armstrong is healthy he will return to that 4th line with Posma and Joyce. He was in there opening night against QU but don't think he has played since.
                        Im pretty surprised we haven't seen Traeger get a shot on the 4th line. In the few games he played last year, I thought he looked like he could be an impact bottom of the lineup guy

Comment

Any projections on when Armstrong will be back, what is his injury. He was very good against QU. All going well, the shot blocking has been great and really takes a lot of pressure off of Fowler. Love Jellvik, he has nice soft hands, the second assist on the Gauthier goal was really impressive, deft pass to Perreault to set up Gauthier for the rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                            Any projections on when Armstrong will be back, what is his injury. He was very good against QU.
                            Haven’t seen anything on Armstrong, hopeful he’s back soon. There’s a big disparity with him and Schamburger

As an aside, I actually hope they’re not ranked 1st this week in the polls. Always gives me some bad vibes when they get ranked that high early in the season but I think they deserve it at this point

First hockey east tilt upcoming this weekend against UMass Lowell. They’re going to try to clog up the middle of the ice against BC, keep everything to the perimeter and play hard. Will be a big test to their fundamentals. Will need to stay out of the box and capitalize on chances. Their goalie duo of Welsch and Pavicich have been pretty stout this year, BC will probably see them both as they’ve been flipping back and forth each game. They both stopped 40+ shots a game against UConn this weekend

Comment

Congratulations on getting the votes to top the pole. well deserved
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Getting there is hard, staying there is even harder, off to a good start however.

Comment

Working...
                                X