2023 - 2024 SEASON : Boston College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
    Just saw the preseason all-CHN teams and not seeing Cutter Gauthier on the list is hilarious. The staff over there is truly something else

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-Preseason.php

Yea CHN has historically loaded up on writers that rode the short bus to school as kids.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

That'll do. Weird start to the game obviously but an interesting scenario for the team to be in and they didn't panic so that's a good sign. Defense really struggled with the gap control on the early parts of the game but seemed to clean it up as the game went along. A few posts and a lot of very good saves from the transfer goalie for LUI kept this from being real ugly.

I still think Gasseau is going to be the Kevin Hayes to Cutter's Johnny Gaudreau and is going to have a big season. Bruins may have a steal there.

USA line must have had bigger nets in Ann Arbor, they missed the net on a bunch of scoring chances.

Malone looks to be a great pickup from Cornell. Finally a good transfer!
      Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 10-13-2023, 09:37 PM.
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

The first LIU goal was a very nice shot. The second was a terrible defensive breakdown by both Gasseau and Bengtsson. But even down 2-0 you could see with how many chances BC had that it was only a matter of time before they broke through. The shots on net (37-12 I think) were much more indicative of the play than the 4-2 score. A couple less saves or a couple more breaks and this could have easily been a blowout.

This team is so much more talented overall than last year's team. I think this is going to be a fun year.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
        BC - 12
        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Lots of good things to see ,in this one, Gasseau is a beast, nice goal from the slot, waited until the goalie committed and then went the other way. Gauthier is obviously very good but he is not and never will be Johnnie Hockey, he needs to add some shiftiness to his game, terrific player but has stuff to work on, I think he knows that and that is way he is playing at Kelly rink this year. It was 4 could have easily been 8.

Comment

I will never understand how Gasseau was a 7th round pick at his size/skill...good pluck by York.

Recent teams it would take a miracle to overcome a 2-0 deficit. This game could have ended 6-2. Happy to see them completely shut the door after the bad start. Win and move on. Friday is a game you have to win and then the big test against Denver.

Ice was choppy, no surprise there after having to play the 2nd game of a doubleheader. But that's a rant for another day.
            Last edited by J.D.; 10-14-2023, 09:12 AM.

Comment

A couple random Hockey East thoughts

Maine is going to take a big jump up the standings. I can see them potentially as a top 4 team. They have a 1st round forward for the first time since who knows when and a top line that is probably as good as there is in the league.

UMass is just not the same since Carvel lost both assistants. And the programs he lost them to are ascending.

Comment

Looking good so far but take it from game to game and weeke to week the progress of this team. There's too much talent on this team not to stay relevant this year. I saw a lot of energy and chemistry. The depth this year from previous years is much better night and day. Looking forward to the next games this month.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  I will never understand how Gasseau was a 7th round pick at his size/skill...good pluck by York.

Recent teams it would take a miracle to overcome a 2-0 deficit. This game could have ended 6-2. Happy to see them completely shut the door after the bad start. Win and move on. Friday is a game you have to win and then the big test against Denver.

Ice was choppy, no surprise there after having to play the 2nd game of a doubleheader. But that's a rant for another day.
                  Gasseau was the classic late bloomer. He was a good player growing up but kept getting better as he got older then hit a massive growth spurt and took a while to grow into his body. He's progressively gotten better as a skater as he's gotten older, I just think it took him a bit longer to get acclimated to his athleticism. I watched him at the NTDP a bit and he looked a bit like a baby deer at times but he's always had pretty good hands and vision. He could end up as a really good pro

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  A couple random Hockey East thoughts

Maine is going to take a big jump up the standings. I can see them potentially as a top 4 team. They have a 1st round forward for the first time since who knows when and a top line that is probably as good as there is in the league.

UMass is just not the same since Carvel lost both assistants. And the programs he lost them to are ascending.
                  100% agree on Maine. Ben Barr has done a phenomenal job there. UMass is a wait and see for me. I know you posted this yesterday morning so it's an all time monday morning qb comment from me but they just handled Michigan pretty well. With them, it'll always be about the system and whether they can score enough to support it. Kind of like Providence in that regard. The more I've thought about the coaching search a couple years ago, the more I think we dodged a big bullet on not picking Leaman
                  Last edited by sigx15; 10-15-2023, 08:21 PM.

Comment

It’s fun to start the season off with wins instead of struggling.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Well, hard to find much to complain about that performance. Big test tomorrow night.
                      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                      BC - 12
                      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                        Well, hard to find much to complain about that performance. Big test tomorrow night.
                        Saturday night, the old problem crops up from last year. Dumb penalties lead to goals for the opposing teams.

Too many men (7 skaters ) and undisciplined penalties especially by players who should know better

DU gets 2 goals to win the game

NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

How great is it that the students are PACKING Conte this year???

I can’t remember as good an atmosphere as Saturday night’s, even for past BU games.

Comment

Yup the penalties at the end had to be called and they really wore them out. Really bad penalty by Gauthier, jam with the guy but don't throw him to the ice. The good news is the compete level is there, they won't play too many teams that are better then DU and the atmosphere was great. Need Armstrong to get back in the line up, solid winger and excellent on the PK.

Comment

Solid win. Ambrosio has turned the corner and it's glorious.

You get the sense with the third period and how weird the first two periods were again that they learned from the DU game. Still they need to be smarter not to get sucked into the clownfests that teams will inevitably try to lure BC into.

The D is really good, no one really says much about them because of the talent up front but they are solid especially considering Warren went to Michigan. Hreschuk has also made huge improvements in his game.

Malone was a great pickup. He was stickhandling around like Gerbe a few times there. No real obvious weak links in terms of personnel; good lineup top to bottom.

Leonard has a Blake Bellefeuille/Pat Eaves feel to him. Gotta love the versatility.

Two games in a row with a too many men penalty is pretty bad and the coaching staff needs to figure this out.

Given the schedule, win this one tomorrow night and you're looking at a great start and a huge PWR advantage throughout the season.
                              Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 10-26-2023, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Lots of good things about this team, some jaw dropping passes and great awareness. PP needs to put more shots on goal and they need to stay out of the box, agree that teams want to draw them into penalties, need to play smarter. They really dominated the first eight minutes and then MSU decided to lace up their skates. There are 3 top lines and Ambrosio and Jellvyk have great chemistry. Tomorrow is another big one, particularly for the pairwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X