No announcement yet.

2023 - 2024 SEASON : Boston College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The boys really took care of business tonight. That second period was an absolute horse whipping, about as dominant a period as you could hope for. Kind of academic after that.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Biggest thing at this point is asking if anyone got hurt. Did Powell return?
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
        Biggest thing at this point is asking if anyone got hurt. Did Powell return?
        Not that I recall. But it was relatively late when he went off and they were way up so it wouldn't have made sense to rush him back out in any event.
        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
        BU - 2

Comment

• What's the game time tonight? Everywhere else it is listed at 7pm but here at USCHO they have it at 5pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
            What's the game time tonight? Everywhere else it is listed at 7pm but here at USCHO they have it at 5pm.
            BCEagles.com has it listed as 7 pm. I'm going to go with what the official website says.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
            BU - 2

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
              What's the game time tonight? Everywhere else it is listed at 7pm but here at USCHO they have it at 5pm.
              Next Sunday, the UNH game is 5 PM on Sunday. Senior Night Game before the last game of season at Merrimack.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Not BC's best game but UVM had something to do with that. Leonard and Smith were the difference and Fowler was he usual steady self. Leonard shook he puck loose from the defensemen on the first goal and was looking at an open net. The second was pure desire, rush the net and then pick up the loose change. Gauthier's goal was just high end talent connecting, very tough to defend against. Smith iced it with a fight for the puck and then a terrific shot. These kids are so good it is scary. Still we need Powell and Perrault back and at 100%. Looking more and more like a 1 seed team.

Comment

• Both of Leonard's goals were spectacular. The first one demonstrating a mix of his physicality with the hit to knock the puck loose and then the move on the goalie to score. The second was willpower to get to the net and then the absolutely ridiculous top corner backhand shot on the rebound from no angle. Just unfair. I've no doubt he must be absolutely miserable to play against. He's like a souped up version of Patrick Eaves. I do not say that lightly.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                  BU - 2

Comment

• Interesting game. Not a bad thing for BC to be in a tight game like this and have some different mixing and matching in the lineup with the injuries; could pay dividends down the road. Doesn't sound serious according to Coach Brown but you just hate to see anything out of the ordinary this late in the season in terms of Powell and Perreault's injuries. That being said, they'll have a week off in Round 1 of the HE tourney with a bye so that should help rest everyone up hopefully and you certainly pray they can make it through without anything major.

- Related to that, I don't know if I like or dislike the fact that BU is right on BC's heels in Hockey East and is somewhat forcing BC's hand to keep pushing. It's funny that BC has the 2-0 advantage in league and yet they hold the huge advantage in RPI/PWR with the Beanpot loss counting there and not the other way around. Perhaps being pushed is a good thing.
                    - Nolan Joyce got his 4th game of the season apparently. First time I noticed him at all this season but I think he looked decent in his limited time.
                    - Cutter went right up to the top line with #9 and #6 and they didn't miss a beat. He did however have a terrible night at the faceoff dot again. Faceoffs still concern me.
                    - The PP however, didn't look right without Perreault.
                    - Need to get Jellvik and Gasseau going. Luckily there is some offense to be had from the D that can help mix it in with the top two lines.
                    - I don't think anyone is giving enough appreciation for the 2nd Leonard goal. Part luck, mostly skill, it was actually the rebound of his breakaway with both him and the puck moving away from the net, with his back to the net, on the backhand straight down the goal line and banked off Carriere. Crazy.
                    - The 2nd period sucked. Partly because BC looked terrible but also because UVM gave them no space whatsoever.
                    - Some huge swing moments in this game. UVM almost double-dipping on the delayed penalty/PP then got turned around with BC essentially nullifying the UVM goal and getting the lead back with the SHG. Also had a huge potential swing with the Fowler breakaway save in the 3rd that lead to a Smith breakaway the other way but neither one went in.
                    - With all the talent up front, Fowler remains BC's ace in the hole and that makes me feel pretty good.

BC continues to zero in on the #1 overall seed in PWR and is up around 87-90% likely right now depending on who you trust. The bubble certainly looks interesting. Good old Umass lost again last night and spent the night crying about the referees again lol. Them getting in as a 4 seed might be worth watching.
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• The goals by Leonard (2) and Smith were not just great skill but the plays displayed a confidence level that was just as impressive. Leonard just attacked the dman and forced the turnover. Smith outfought the d man for the puck and came away with it. Plays that they would not have made in the first half the season. The confidence level throughout the line up is just incredible to watch. We have not seen this in quite awhile. Love it.
                      Last edited by DNAEagle; 02-25-2024, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        - The PP however, didn't look right without Perreault.
                        powerplay was definitely off, not surprising given the lineup on saturday. entry was an issue, i'd say you can't just stickhandle in every time if they're all sitting on the blue line but if the normal 5 are out there, they probably could

Comment

• Fun Fact for the Day:
                          Not surprisingly, Cutter has seen his production go up after coming back from WJC (or simply being relieved of the general stench that is Philadelphia sports following his trade on 1/8/2024). The two events coincide but anyway, knuckledraggers from Philly will be sad to see his 32% increase in point production after the trade.

16-9-25 in 14 GP 1.79 PPG
                          13-10-23 in 17 GP 1.35 PPG

Not bad.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• motivated me to take a swing through the record books.

cutter at 29 goals, a hot month could make a run at most in a season (38) most as a SO: 34

unsurprisingly the FR line is doing work on the freshman records.
                            Goals: 30 - Gionta (Leonard currently at 23 - 5th, passed Johnny).
                            Assists: 44 - Hodge (Gabe at 35 - 4th, Smith at 34 - 5th)
                            Points: 64 - Hodge (Smith at 51 - 4th, Gabe at 50 - 6th)

Comment

• Unless my math is wrong, and this seems pretty simple so I hope not, but it seems like BC's magic number is 5 for the #1 seed in the league and a RS co-championship (at minimum) and a magic number of 6 for outright HE RS championship.

Comment

• Your math is good

Comment

Working...
                                X