No announcement yet.

2023 - 2024 SEASON : Boston College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember watching BC at North Dakota Johnny Hockey’s first game. You could tell from that game that he was a very special player. I’m really looking forward to seeing the freshman today.

Go Eagles!

Comment

Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
      I remember watching BC at North Dakota Johnny Hockey’s first game. You could tell from that game that he was a very special player. I’m really looking forward to seeing the freshman today.

Go Eagles!
      Can't wait. Going to be a fun group to watch. The big 3 will freshmen will get all the headlines but Fortesque, Minnetian, Vote & Fowler will be a lot fun to watch. Also will be keeping my eye on Bengtsson. Lots of expectations for this group but lots of wait and see as well. Will be a very fun season

Comment

Bengtsson is a big addition to the defense. We have a good group of upperclassmen that we have not had for a few years. Outside the top 6 forwards, guys like Connor Joyce are going to be those older players that we have lacked that could be impact players. Taking a couple of 20 year old freshman the last few seasons is going to pay off this year and next year.

Go Eagles!

Comment

Well THAT was a good start to things. One game, but one big win and reason for optimism moving forward.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Leonard is not only skilled but very strong for a freshman. He had a good drive to the net and made a terrific pass to Cutter for GWG.

Fowler looks very good and the defense is the strongest in the last few years. PK is off to a great start.

Go Eagles!

Comment

A lot to like. We have a good goalie again, finally. Gasseau could have a big year being up there with Cutter on the top line. Normally BC would have been pushed around by QU but tonight they weren't. Obviously QU is still a very good team and very tough team to play against as always. The D also seemed to clean up fairly well in front of the crease and defended that area nicely I thought.

Puck management was TERRIBLE in overtime (especially the last half of OT) and yet they managed to get it to Cutter for one last shot and he sniped it.

Strap in for a potentially fun season of BC hockey again.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

BC radio team commented the defense starts with the goalie and hopefully Fowler will anchor our D along with the defensemen and forwards coming back to help

otherwise they said it doesn’t matter how many goals you score if you allow more than you score
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                  Leonard is not only skilled but very strong for a freshman. He had a good drive to the net and made a terrific pass to Cutter for GWG.

Fowler looks very good and the defense is the strongest in the last few years. PK is off to a great start.

Go Eagles!
                  regarding Leonard I was surprised he is a BC get since his brother played at UMass but happy we got him. Anybody have any insight why he chose BC ?
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                    I still don't know who the extra skater will be. They have seven legitimate defensemen, so I would think it that's who the coaches would roll with.

But, Gentry Shamburger is the only player on the team to be wearing an "A." Will they have him be the healthy scratch?
                    I would say they have 8 legit dmen. Nolan Joyce is not your typical #8 dman. Played 57 games in USHL last year and had a solid season. He'd be taking a regular shift most places. Shamburger really shouldn't be in the lineup most nights and he wasn't last night.

No surprises in the lineup last night really. With all the hype of the freshmen forwards, Fowler is probably the key to the season. That was a hell of a first game for him in that environment. If he keeps it together look out.

Comment

Great win guys
                      C O L G A T E
                      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                      1990 NCAA FINALS
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

QU is a tough team to play due to their very defensive style. We will see that from LIU next Friday as well. They have a bunch of 23-25 year olds on defense that are 6’2, 6’3” that will play a very physical game. You have to learn how to beat these types of teams to win anything in college hockey these days.

Team is off to a very good PWR start with this road win.

Go Eagles!

Comment

Good game, good start, need to clean up the penalties, very fortunate that it did not cost them the game. Dzone face offs were not good, Q controlled the puck in the second, particularly with the man advantage. Fowler was excellent, bad luck goal. Nice pass from Leonard to Gauthier for the game winner. It was a rocket. Armstrong was excellent o in the Ozone and on the PK. Very experienced player who really adds to the 4th line. Expect some experimenting with line combos, looking to find guys who fit well together.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

regarding Leonard I was surprised he is a BC get since his brother played at UMass but happy we got him. Anybody have any insight why he chose BC ?
                            The reports were it was down to BC and UMass, he ended up wanting to be in the city. There was also some rumors his brother wasn’t pushing him to go to UMass and John didn’t have the greatest relationship with Carvel. Whether that’s true or not, I don’t know but that’s the rumor

Comment

Just saw the preseason all-CHN teams and not seeing Cutter Gauthier on the list is hilarious. The staff over there is truly something else

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-Preseason.php

Comment

That’s ridiculous that Cutter is not on any CHN preseason list. He has a great shot at the Hobey.

Go Eagles!

Comment

Working...
                                X