No announcement yet.

2023 - 2024 SEASON : Boston College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truly amazing, win the tournament and come back healthy. The second half of the season is going to be an interesting ride. Looking forward to January 12th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
      Seven BC players on the final USA roster for the World Juniors. As much as it stinks how long it will be until we see BC play again, it's a good thing that they did not schedule a holiday tournament as they would be beyond shorthanded.
      The only BC one who did not make the cut was James Hagens, next year's recruit. Expected to be a top 3 NHL draft pick and tearing up the USNTDP it is not that he wasn't good enough but the more experienced players filled out the squad which is extremely good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
        Well, they did make some improvements tonight and got the W for the much better effort. Puck management is still a huge concern. Passing when they don't need to. Flubbed passes. Passes to no one. Passes to the other team. Failed clears. It's hard to figure how a team like this can be the turnover machine that they are. And Faceoffs were again quite bad (a few they did win cleanly in the 2nd and mismanaged immediately).

BC finally smartened up and stopped scheduling games while all the good players go away for WJC. One last game before break and it's a huge one; a very good PC squad which has now surpassed BC in the PWR I believe (one insanely bad period = 5 spot drop). This game is huge, as are the two with PC to start 2024, for all sorts of reasons.
        This is really a concern sometimes when they go on the PP. It seems a lot of time is wasted on the PP concerning their puck management at times. Rematch with PC after the exhibition game.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• A whole lotta gold coming back from Sweden...
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Well, THAT was impressive. I would imagine nobody saw 7-1 coming. Hopefully they won't let it go to their heads, I expect tomorrow night's game in Providence to be much closer.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
            BU - 2

Comment

Well, THAT was impressive. I would imagine nobody saw 7-1 coming. Hopefully they won't let it go to their heads, I expect tomorrow night's game in Providence to be much closer.
              Baseball broadcaster Vin Scully used to recommend putting the extra scoring into an escrow account.

Comment

• That was a fun one!
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• OK, so took 2 of 3 from PC... pretty much mission accomplished there. Moved up in the PWR over the course of those games I believe (only dropped from 1 to 2 last night). Great spot to be in.

Tough team to play against, given the way the game played out I was happy that BC was able to pot a few goals because they really didn't have a ton of offense and didn't really play that well. PC clearly watched tape on BC and had those sticks in the cross-ice passing lanes. BC kept looking for it though. Looked like they might pull it out when Gasseau cranked one off the bottom of the crossbar and then had great sustained offense for about a minute or two (including a dazzling rush through the entire PC team by Powell). Didn't work out.

Learning experience from this one: Extracurricular activity is a ticket to nowhere (repeat lesson: see Denver game), box out the front of the net.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Not surprised by the split. Providence is a quality squad and you had to figure they'd bring their A game Saturday after getting smacked the night before and that the goaltending would be much better than Friday.
                    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                    BU - 2

Comment

• Very few tickets left for Friday. I had to buy what few seats were available online. MC will give BC another tough game though their record doesn't reflect it.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

• MC swept the Eagles last year, but these teams are vastly different from last year. BC landed arguably the best recruiting class in HE history, while Merrimack lost a slew of post grad portal players who were instrumental to their 2nd place finish.
                        Ollas and Borgiel will have to stand tall if Mack is to earn any points this weekend.
                        I certainly hope that my alma mater doesn't resort to the "Merri-hack" stuff they pulled against BU earlier in the season. Given BC's skill level, that'd be a recipe for disaster.
                        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• BC has struggled so many times historically at Lawler that when you saw them down 2-0 after the first period, you had to be thinking "here we go again..." Great to see them emphatically respond in the second period and take care of business. Now follow up with a W on the back end tomorrow at home.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                          BU - 2

Comment

BC has struggled so many times historically at Lawler that when you saw them down 2-0 after the first period, you had to be thinking "here we go again..." Great to see them emphatically respond in the second period and take care of business. Now follow up with a W on the back end tomorrow at home.
                            It's nice having talent that can quickly turn games around now and in difficult places to play.

If you're watching the PWR, UMass has at least temporarily dropped out of the field. That is a team to watch because if they make it in as a 4 seed they are in Springfield. And that would screw over BC or BU if they end up 1 seeds.

Comment

• Good comeback win but they must stay disciplined. After goal #5 Leonard foolishly took an unsportsmanlike penalty and resulted in a MC goal that gave them life when it should have been the nail in the coffin ⚰️ Still lots of things to work on in a 5-4 game though it was 6-4 with ENG

Comment

• Ya he was giving it to Borgiel for jumping on a BC player in the scrum right before that but gotta keep your cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X