2023 - 2024 SEASON : Boston College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
    Always things they can do better but one obvious area of improvement is face offs, centermen are getting beat pretty consistently. Posma may be the only one at or around 50%.
    True, but I think we're nitpicking at this point.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
      Always things they can do better but one obvious area of improvement is face offs, centermen are getting beat pretty consistently. Posma may be the only one at or around 50%.
      they went 24 for 59, 40% at the faceoff dot against the worst face off team in the country. It's maddening at this point. They've been so good in so many areas but face offs are driving me crazy. It's just not getting better, whoever is coaching it needs help or needs to hand the reins off to someone else
      Last edited by sigx15; 11-27-2023, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• How much can coaches do in regard to faceoffs? That sounds like it might just be a personnel issue. I am sure they are working at it.

The one criticism I would have is Andre Gasseau has won 28 of 38 faceoffs. Best clip on the team but he's taken far fewer because he doesn't play center. Get this man in the faceoff circle more.

I don't know what numbers a goalie needs for rookie of the year historically but Fowler has a 1.98 GAA and .931 save percentage. Yes, he's on a great team but man did they need someone after the last two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          How much can coaches do in regard to faceoffs? That sounds like it might just be a personnel issue. I am sure they are working at it.

The one criticism I would have is Andre Gasseau has won 28 of 38 faceoffs. Best clip on the team but he's taken far fewer because he doesn't play center. Get this man in the faceoff circle more.

I don't know what numbers a goalie needs for rookie of the year historically but Fowler has a 1.98 GAA and .931 save percentage. Yes, he's on a great team but man did they need someone after the last two years.
          I agree on the Gasseau front for sure. I’ve always considered face offs to be one of the most coachable aspects of player development. Strength is for sure an aspect of it but technique is incredibly important aspect

As for Fowler, there are some others who’ve put up historic numbers as freshman like Hellebuyck’s .952 save pct but he was also a year older. As for goalies in their 18 year old season, Spencer Knight ironically put up identical numbers to Fowler’s currently .931 save pct and a 1.97 gaa

Comment

• YIKES. Playing down to opponents seems to be a trend here. Played about 27 minutes of good hockey tonight.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Going in, I smelled trap game.

Comment

• It would be hard to imagine this team playing a worse period than the first period last night. Hopefully it was a wake up call and they can come back with a split tonight.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                BU - 2

Comment

• Big game tonight, really screwed the pooch last night. Need a win tonight to feel better about themselves.

Comment

• NU played very well, Fowler had to be good and he was. A little frustrating for BC, they had a difficult time making clean entries and getting quality chances. You take a win on the road and don't look back. Hard to understand NU's record, they have a lot of skill up front. ANother big one next week with Providence.

Comment

• Well, they did make some improvements tonight and got the W for the much better effort. Puck management is still a huge concern. Passing when they don't need to. Flubbed passes. Passes to no one. Passes to the other team. Failed clears. It's hard to figure how a team like this can be the turnover machine that they are. And Faceoffs were again quite bad (a few they did win cleanly in the 2nd and mismanaged immediately).

BC finally smartened up and stopped scheduling games while all the good players go away for WJC. One last game before break and it's a huge one; a very good PC squad which has now surpassed BC in the PWR I believe (one insanely bad period = 5 spot drop). This game is huge, as are the two with PC to start 2024, for all sorts of reasons.
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Now that was a really good win and just a great college hockey game in general. A tight, tense, back and forth between two very good teams. I was very impressed with Providence, they are very difficult to play against. 13-3-1 at the break, it's hard not be satisfied right now.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                        BU - 2

Comment

• Big W. PC is a very good team. 10 games above .500 with the youngest team in the country and this schedule is pretty fantastic and we have more than good enough goaltending in Fowler. 2024 is going to be nuts. Time to root for the red, white, and blue in the meantime. Those guys always seem to come back and play better hockey so could be fun to see in the second half.

Comment

• Really a gritty come from behind win. Brown really praised Fowler for keeping things at bay in the first. Jellvik is just developing and I like his addition to the second line. The USA line is crazy good, the pass from Perrault to Smith for the first was just terrific and Perrault's goal was special, Powell found him cutting through the middle and he roofed the backhander. This team is going to have a good second half as long as there are no serious injuries. Keep it up.

Comment

• Very good win despite not playing their best hockey. PC got most of their offense from unforced BC turnovers. PC is tough to get shots on goal, but BC found a way to get around the trap and get quality shots. Leonard is one tough guy especially considering he is a freshman. That whole line will mix it up and their own against any opponent. They highly skilled but very gritty as well.

As John Rish said “They haven’t played their best hockey yet”

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Seven BC players on the final USA roster for the World Juniors. As much as it stinks how long it will be until we see BC play again, it's a good thing that they did not schedule a holiday tournament as they would be beyond shorthanded.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
                                BU - 2

Comment

Working...
                                X