Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Hockey 23 - 24: The Barr Crawl to Glory!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Drew S.;n3

I’ve said this before but I absolutely love how the games have been reffed this year. [/QUOTE]

Letting them play more.
    More high stick calls this year, must be a focus.

Comment

• I think you all are being a little harsh on Bojia. The goal against wasn't great, for sure, but he stoned Gendron on the breakaway and has mostly looked poised and confident in the net, not a ton of Grade A chances against but I think he's been just fine so far.

Comment

• You guys are a tough crowd!

Comment

• Drew is the most positive fan on here tonight....lol.

Comment

• Nice play all around for Houle. Great screen, great stick on puck, nice to see the PP start to heat up.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
              Nice play all around for Houle. Great screen, great stick on puck, nice to see the PP start to heat up.
              There we go....Maine is good! And they are playing well tonight with a freshman starting his first game in goal! Yahoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                Nice play all around for Houle. Great screen, great stick on puck, nice to see the PP start to heat up.
                Certainly nice to see the second unit get one.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• What a beautiful goal by Josh...wow.

Comment

• Bizarre call but obviously we’ll take it
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Bizarre call but obviously we’ll take it
                      Can you literally be touching the goalie and backing into him when the puck goes past him into the net?

Comment

• GREAT save!

Comment

• Really well put together performance tonight, didnt give NH a ton of room or chances to do a whole lot. Boija was solid, if he shows he can be a guy to pop in for a few games here and there down the stretch maybe he can give Ostman some rest to keep him fresh in the long run, could be huge.

I've noticed him a lot this year but haven't said anything up to now, but I've been really happy with how Brandon Chabrier has played this season. I think he's shown himself to be a valuable contributer and a good college player.

Comment

• Love it. A valuable W.

Maybe that game will serve as a little Chuck repellent for a while.

(One can only hope...)

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post

0 for 6? Seems pretty harsh to me. I cant see a bunch of gamers, which I think these guys are, accepting those kind of results. Over the next 8 games I can see at least 3 wins, maybe as many as 5.
                              One more W to get to the predicted 5 wins.
                              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                Love it. A valuable W.

Maybe that game will serve as a little Chuck repellent for a while.

(One can only hope...)
                                Sorry, fishy, I'm not hiding in the corner or anything. Remember, I predicted you guys for Top Four in HEA (and UNH for last place). So, I've probably undersold both programs to this point. Nothing but admiration for what Coach Barr brings to his programs, and sincerely hoping his corpulent second-in-command is sticking to Jenny Craig. ;-)

Coach Souza's boys did nothing tonight to convince any long-standing UNH fans that he's up to competing with Coach Barr any time soon, so the return games in Durham early next year will tell a tale on that front. Other than that, same ol' UNH ... getting waxed by UMaine, even with their back-up goalie in net. ADVANTAGE UMAINE.
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X