Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Hockey 23 - 24: The Barr Crawl to Glory!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine up to #4 in the PWR again without even playing a game.....that's what a couple of wins vs. top teams will do for you.....those Ws are the gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

• Well I figure if anyone knew it would be out for all to see...BUT, does anyone think that Maine and Duda will know before the end of December... if he plays meaningful games or continues to practice and more or less in limbo....

Comment

• Originally posted by 9twenty View Post
        Well I figure if anyone knew it would be out for all to see...BUT, does anyone think that Maine and Duda will know before the end of December... if he plays meaningful games or continues to practice and more or less in limbo....
        I can’t believe he is still in Orono. Not playing isn’t helping his future earnings
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

I can’t believe he is still in Orono. Not playing isn’t helping his future earnings
          This is on the NCAA, this should have been figured out in October when the season began...but in the way the Berzins situation was handled....nothing surprises me with how the NCAA conducts themselves...with Duda being a 2nd rd. pick you would think that Arizona must have a plan in place..(?)...but the way it is dragging out I really don't expect anything till the New Year..(again?).

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

I’m sure he’s happy not to be in Ukraine being shot at.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

This is on the NCAA, this should have been figured out in October when the season began...but in the way the Berzins situation was handled....nothing surprises me with how the NCAA conducts themselves...with Duda being a 2nd rd. pick you would think that Arizona must have a plan in place..(?)...but the way it is dragging out I really don't expect anything till the New Year..(again?).
              We can giggle and wink about the educational load to be taken on by a star recruit hockey player, but when he's coming from a totally different culture to one that will likely define at least the early stages of a burgeoning professional career, having a few weeks/months off from hockey to adapt to a new country with a new language, etc. is a great opportunity to settle in before the hockey piece is introduced. The road to success for many a Russian/other European prospect is riddled with examples of kids who did not get a chance to adjust, found themselves sidetracked with other "coping mechanisms", and were left strewn by the wayside. And as Drew points out, as a military age kid, already enlisted in military backed Russian hockey programs, being Stateside at this point in his young life isn't exactly a bad outcome, considering potential alternatives ...
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

We can giggle and wink about the educational load to be taken on by a star recruit hockey player, but when he's coming from a totally different culture to one that will likely define at least the early stages of a burgeoning professional career, having a few weeks/months off from hockey to adapt to a new country with a new language, etc. is a great opportunity to settle in before the hockey piece is introduced. The road to success for many a Russian/other European prospect is riddled with examples of kids who did not get a chance to adjust, found themselves sidetracked with other "coping mechanisms", and were left strewn by the wayside. And as Drew points out, as a military age kid, already enlisted in military backed Russian hockey programs, being Stateside at this point in his young life isn't exactly a bad outcome, considering potential alternatives ...
                I wish you were a Maine fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

I wish you were a Maine fan.
                  Bite your tongue dude !
                  I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

I haven't been up for any practices since before the season started but do we at least know if he is able to practice with the team still?

Would hope that if he's not getting game reps that he's at least able to stay in game shape. Plus, it's probably good for the rest of the team to get practice reps against a skilled draft pick like him.
                    Last edited by tylerzx2002; 11-27-2023, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post

I haven't been up for any practices since before the season started but do we at least know if he is able to practice with the team still?

Would hope that if he's not getting game reps that he's at least able to stay in game shape. Plus, it's probably good for the rest of the team to get practice reps against a skilled draft pick like him.
                      I have only seen him practicing by himself when team was on the road...

Comment

• PW@5 --- Rank@10

Comment

PW@5 --- Rank@10
                          Rank @ 11 ....UMass jumped us after beating BU.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

Rank @ 11 ....UMass jumped us after beating BU.
                            Yes my bad....

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                              Bite your tongue dude !
                              Every once in a while, the UMaine-iacs need to hear from someone outside the bubble with an objective take on an issue.

As always, I'm just here to help. Youze guys are still my second favorite program, after all ...
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Every once in a while, the UMaine-iacs need to hear from someone outside the bubble with an objective take on an issue.

As always, I'm just here to help. Youze guys are still my second favorite program, after all ...
                                Here to help, yeh sure....think he's got a man crush on ya son, lol.

I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X