Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Hockey 23 - 24: The Barr Crawl to Glory!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You deserved a better scoreline than that for sure. Good luck wherever you end up.

Comment

• I've been at the last 40 HE championships and I have to say I firmly believe that the issue with Maine is not one but two average goalies. Fix that and you win HE and maybe a national championship.

Comment

• Maine was no pushover, they made BU earn it. And earn it they did. To my eye BU was limited in number of opportunities, but they absolutely cashed in and made the most of their best chances, and Maine just wasn't as opportunistic. Special teams was the difference once again, as I said before, a BU power play is essentially an insta-goal against Maine. They ran around in their own zone a lot and never really stood a chance. Caron was the other difference, he looks like a Vezina candidate every time out against Maine. I think I'm gonna research what his SV% was against us this season.

In any event, a valiant effort and a really good game to be at and experience, congratulations Terriers. And hopefully Maine can take from this lessons into next weekend when it's all on the line.

Comment

• Maine played as well and hard as anyone could of expected...bottom line they had many chances, but give Caron the credit..he made the saves and BU did what any team should do on the pp...score...really anxious to see who they play in NCAA's...they can play with anybody. No head hanging here...thxs Maine hockey for this season so far and whatever happens next week....

Comment

• Might be the best game Maine has played all season. Dominated for long stretches against a high-rent opponent, but didn't enjoy Bounce One. And, to be fair, Caron found every loose puck, somehow.

("That's hockey", as someone once said.)

Barr has this team ready. I like what I'm seeing, going into the NCAAs.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
              I've been at the last 40 HE championships and I have to say I firmly believe that the issue with Maine is not one but two average goalies. Fix that and you win HE and maybe a national championship.
              There's nothing wrong with Boija.

Get your prescription checked, Grampie.

Comment

• Tough loss. Probably deserved better, but the margins are small at this level. The Maine fans were the stars of the show. Proud to be a Mainer.

Comment

• Mathieu Caron against Maine this season: 100/107 (0.935%)

Mathieu Caron against Maine, outside of the third period in the Saturday game of the regular season back-to-back: 86/90 (0.956%)

Comment

• Is anyone looking to get rid of any tickets tomorrow? I’m in town unexpectedly

Comment

• Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                      I've been at the last 40 HE championships and I have to say I firmly believe that the issue with Maine is not one but two average goalies. Fix that and you win HE and maybe a national championship.
                      Huh??? He had no chance on those goals. What were you looking at?

Comment

• I thought Maine played as good of game as they could have other than the start. The game situation dictated Maine pushing forward which is why the shots were so lopsided in Maine’s favor.

I was incredibly impressed with BU. They obviously have tons of talent but they play hard and are tough as well. The last time I recall seeing Maine look as inferior as they did tonight was when Maine played that great 2009 BU team at the Alfond. I think if you combined BU and Maine Breen and maybe the Nadeaus get in the team but no one else. For Maine to hang in there as well as they did was one **** of an accomplishment.

After tonight I’m feeling good about next week. Maine should have a good chance in their first game and fingers crossed if they win that they play someone other than BC or BU.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike799 View Post
                          Is anyone looking to get rid of any tickets tomorrow? I’m in town unexpectedly
                          I've got one to dump.

Comment

• Gotta pull for Denver to defeat St Cloud (4-4 late 3rd) and then win tomorrow as well as Cornell in the ECAC final tomorrow to get UMass back into the field and send Boston University to the corn field.

Maine probably wrapped up a #2 seed in Springfield despite the loss as NoDak and Qpac both lost as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Gotta pull for Denver to defeat St Cloud (4-4 late 3rd) and then win tomorrow as well as Cornell in the ECAC final tomorrow to get UMass back into the field and send Boston University to the corn field.

Maine probably wrapped up a #2 seed in Springfield despite the loss as NoDak and Qpac both lost as well.
                              Odds Maine stays in the east if BU dodges the UMass bullet?

Comment

• BU's skill and work ethic on special teams was too much for Maine. Couple that with excellent goal tending and there you have it. Maine's not there yet, but they have taken a giant step forward!

Comment

Working...
                                X