Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine Hockey 23 - 24: The Barr Crawl to Glory!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine outscored Providence 3-2 on the PP, not really sure how you can blame the refereeing for the loss.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Plain and simple maine was manhandled and PC coaching made some key adjustments.
      Houle and Breen, not one of their better games and #82 needs to grow a set fast.
      Maines lousy ability to clear the D zone is catching up to them as the season tightens. Also, inability to skate the puck into the offensive zone hurt them, having to dump and forecheck every time, this was Red hockey which sucked.

Comment

• Well, I didn't get to watch much of tonight's game since I was otherwise busy, but from what I did see, the box score, and from what I've read here, it sounds like PC was the deserving team tonight. Obviously losing sucks, especially at home, but the Friars are a Top 10 caliber team and are ranked as such for a reason. 4/6 points is still a reasonable success. I can't speak much to officiating this time since like I said I barely saw the game, but the one penalty I do remember seeing was very obvious and very stupid, I think it was Scholle just taking someone out way away from the play. When I was following on live stats it did seem like there were a lot of PP opportunities for both teams, I remember seeing "begin power play for MNE" a fair number of times. It's off to Lake Whitt next weekend to face the freefalling Wildcats, I'll be there on Friday night and I'm quite excited.

Comment

• Providence hounded Maine all weekend. Their forecheck was outstanding, they clogged the neutral zone, won most of the 50/50 pucks, blocked tons of shots. They deserved more they than got this weekend.

Maine was gassed by the end of tonight. Houle not just shooting when he was ahead of Poisson on the 2-0, Breen literally tackling a guy to the ice, and then Poisson shooting the puck 10 feet over the net, shorthanded and then wrapped all the way around and sent Providence in before that last penalty-all bad mistakes. Mental mistakes.

Maine has to work on their breakouts against heavy forechecks. They are gonna be exposed very quickly if they don’t improve that. I would put Breen back with the Nadeaus. I just think there is more chemistry there and Scott with Freel than vice versa. Also, Hopkins was starting to stand out and he’s been getting benched second night last 2 weekends. Frustrating because he’s got good size and teams are going to continue to lean on 3 and 23 for 40+ minutes a night. It’s just a hard ask in a league that is a rock fight every night.

Comment

• Originally posted by grooverider View Post
            At the end of the day Leaman should be proud his crying ***** attitude worked for the refs 10/10. What a clown
            Thank god Maine never ended up with that POS behind the bench. Total tool.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              Plain and simple maine was manhandled and PC coaching made some key adjustments.
              Houle and Breen, not one of their better games and #82 needs to grow a set fast.
              Maines lousy ability to clear the D zone is catching up to them as the season tightens. Also, inability to skate the puck into the offensive zone hurt them, having to dump and forecheck every time, this was Red hockey which sucked.
              Agree with most of this....and I didn't even notice Breen....until he headed to the penalty box. Josh Nadeau and Boija were the standouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post

Thank god Maine never ended up with that POS behind the bench. Total tool.
                More national championships than whitehead

and we all loved it when Shawn cried and got his way

i’ll take a coach who sticks up fir his players even if it looks like whining

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  Maine outscored Providence 3-2 on the PP, not really sure how you can blame the refereeing for the loss.
                  They let a lot of interference go behind the play when providence did it, but maine was called for the same garbage.

Maine took plenty of good, goal-saving penalties, but Breen might have given the game away with that bonehead play. THAT was a dumb penalty.

Comment

• Originally posted by StillKIA2 View Post

They let a lot of interference go behind the play when providence did it, but maine was called for the same garbage.

Maine took plenty of good, goal-saving penalties, but Breen might have given the game away with that bonehead play. THAT was a dumb penalty.
                    Has anyone fallen in a hole more than Breen? Ostman maybe?

Comment

• 1 MNE-1 Brandon Holt 2 TRIPPING 05:11
                      1 PRV-1 Graham Gamache 2 TRIPPING 08:18
                      1 MNE-2 Harrison Scott 2 SLASHING 11:44
                      1 PRV-2 Riley Duran 2 INTERFERENCE 17:60
                      2 MNE-3 Nolan Renwick 2 HIGHSTICKING -1:60
                      2 PRV-3 Clint Levens 2 KNEEING 02:43
                      2 PRV-4 Cam McDonald 2 SLASHING 05:50
                      2 MNE-4 Brandon Holt 2 HOLDING 11:19
                      2 PRV-5 Graham Gamache 2 INTERFERENCE 11:35
                      2 PRV-6 Clint Levens 2 HANDLINGTHEPUCK 18:39
                      3 MNE-5 Sully Scholle 2 TRIPPING 00:47
                      3 MNE-6 Brandon Chabrier 2 INTERFERENCE 07:59
                      3 PRV-7 Taige Harding 2 HIGHSTICKING 10:37
                      3 MNE-7 Lynden Breen 2 HIGHSTICKING 11:52
                      3 MNE-8 Lynden Breen 2 HOLDING 16:48
                      3 MNE-9 Liam Lesakowski 2 HOLDING 1
                      For the folks claiming the refs won the game for PC, which one of calls against Maine was not a penalty.?
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Can’t expect to win if you take 5 penalties in the 3rd period. Unreal.

Comment

• We all know what that “C” means on Breens jersey? Does he? Bonehead takedown basically cost them the game. There were several others that were also emotional penalties. Won’t go far post season if that isn’t corrected. I’m sure Barr will address,
                          now will they listen.
                          I had to check the Maine bench to see if Red had returned….
                          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
                          Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                            I had to check the Maine bench to see if Red had returned….
                            I mentioned that last night, looked like a red coached team only they were to small to clear anyone out of net front. Maine needs more size on D

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Need to clean it up going into UNH this weekend. That will be a hostile environment. I'll be there both games. Down to #6 in the Pairwise..it's a long season but can't start getting complacent now or we will be on the bubble fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                I mentioned that last night, looked like a red coached team only they were to small to clear anyone out of net front. Maine needs more size on D
                                Providence was a big team, I walked by them stretching and they are huge off skates too. Size is fine but Maine could have buried them if they got out in the open faster and played with more pace but give credit to PC they clogged it up all weekend..I have to say it's a real boring style of hockey to watch though.

Comment

Working...
                                X