No announcement yet.

Colgate 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All 4 teams this weekend played each other well, but in the end, all we got was a tie at home. Big Green goalie is 6’8”. Imo we did not play either OT period well and were much too careless with the puck. The positive for me was outshooting our opponents, which obviously doesn’t guarantee a win but keeps you in the game. Our penalties need attention. Glad we raised the banner Friday for Vaughan instead of yesterday.
    C O L G A T E
    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
    1990 NCAA FINALS
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• IBT, enjoy your trip to the UP...very competitive early season action, but we're 0-4-2 at home; enough said)...attendance is still disappointing...we're playing reasonably well, but (and this was a potential problem this season with no Youngs and our Swiss connection) need a "finisher"...Dartmouth has measurably improved (no surprise with Cashman in charge), but we've got to "steal" a game or two...and maybe a little "puck luck"...

Comment

• Is Colton Point playing hockey this season?
        Am approaching Toledo, Ohio, and realize Fort Wayne is at Toledo tonight.
        I look at the Fort Wayne roster and he is not listed.
        Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-12-2023, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
          Is Colton Point playing hockey this season?
          Am approaching Toledo, Ohio, and realize Fort Wayne is at Toledo tonight.
          I look at the Fort Wayne roster and he is not listed.
          Elite Prospects doesn't list Point as having a team for 2023-24. Perhaps he hung 'em up. Edit: Status is shown as Retired.

Comment

• He's too good to be retired, maybe a bad injury ?
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• I read that he retired due to concussion issues. Sad news.

Comment

• Originally posted by CU13 View Post
                I read that he retired due to concussion issues. Sad news.
                See: https://www.baytoday.ca/local-news/n...-at-24-6636793

Comment

• Thanks all for the info on Colton Point. It has to be so tough to walk away from what you love and have done all your life to-date.

This morning, I am in Coralville, Iowa, watching Colgate’s Tyler Penner continuing his career with the Utah Grizzlies (against the Iowa Heartlanders in an ECHL game). Tyler’s roomie and friend, Dartmouth’s Cam Strong, is out after an ankle injury last season while also playing for Utah. Tough deal. Clarkson’s Nick Campoli just scored for Iowa. Quinnipiac’s Odeen Tufto just got an assist on another Iowa goal.
                  Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-15-2023, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Hoping for a split this weekend, gotta win tonight. We took two of three against Q-Pac last year.

Comment

• Let’s go Gate!!!!!

Comment

• Impressive win! Go ‘Gate!

Comment

• Congrats to Ryan Mcguire for his hat trick ! When was the last time we had one ? Labelle chipped in with two goals. A win tonight would be great.

Comment

• 4-1 on the road so far. Not bad. Maybe we should wear our road uniforms at home? And we score more on the road.

It seems that all we need is to get 3 goals to win a lot of games. It would have gotten us 6 points last weekend. Good to see Labelle with a couple of goals last night. I think he has the ability to provide some offense.

Comment

• congrats to Ryan and the team in general...a much needed win, especially with Q-Pac up today...they are fun to watch, especially (as mentioned) on the road...

Comment

• Loved the pic of McGuire on the 'Gate website doing his best impression of Shedeur Sanders with the magic marker watch on his wrist band...that young man has a sense of humor and needs an NIL contract!

Comment

Working...
                                X