No announcement yet.

Colgate 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I completely agree about the Pep Band and the in-house music! So great to hear the PB play the national anthem Friday night.
    I have every confidence in Mike, Anthony, Zac and Liam going forward. They’ll figure it out. Certainly injuries hurt us this weekend - especially Sat night with Gylander and Chorske joining Mitton and DiPalo from Friday night. Go ‘gate!! Always great to see IOWA at the games.

Comment

It is early in the season and conference games haven’t started yet within ECAC Hockey, but Colgate at 2-3-1 is ranked 31st of 64 NCAA Division One Men’s Ice Hockey teams in the latest PairWise Rankings (PWR). This coming weekend is an ‘off’ one for Colgate hockey, so what are people on here going to watch?
      I am going to head to Minnesota -Duluth at Cornell on Friday and Saturday nights. PWR #1 Colgate women’s ice hockey is headed to RPI on Friday and Union on Saturday. I believe Pierre McGuire told me that he is headed to the Harvard at Dartmouth men’s game on Friday night.

Comment

Will be tailgating at Colgate football, Bruins, Browns. Will also check in to Womens hockey on ESPN+ and Cornell-UMD. Don't forget Utica University and Adrian, lol.
        Last edited by sshablak; 10-27-2023, 08:41 AM.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Cornell took care of business this weekend. Pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
            Cornell took care of business this weekend. Pretty impressive.
            Ya they dominated Duluth. I would put Cornell above qpac at this point. Cornell looks really good.

Comment

Last year, Duluth beat Cornell at home, twice.
              This year, Cornell beat Duluth at home, twice.
              (I was at them both and still dislike Cornell’s style of play, whereas they are not afraid to take a five-minute major and game misconduct when there is less than that remaining).
              Even Steven. Though I am still feeling blue about Adam.
              This weekend, I will not be traveling to Brown and Yale, though I will be following them online. Go ‘Gate.
              Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-01-2023, 10:58 PM.

Comment

That was tragic !

Comment

The Big Red had a very good 2023 recruiting year, talented and deep...

Comment

"Veteran Division I Athletics administrator and Colgate alumnus Yariv Amir '01 has been appointed as Colgate's next Vice President and Director of Athletics" see: https://colgateathletics.com/news/20...athletics.aspx

Comment

Pathetic just “blanking” pathetic should not lose to brown

Comment

Let's put it this way...it'll be a long bus ride back to Hamilton if they lost to both Brown and Yale...

Comment

Brown's winning goal was scored by Martin St Louis son, Ryan St Louis, interesting !
                          Last edited by sshablak; 11-04-2023, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Yale, in losing to Cornell, will be baited for bear tonight. Good luck Raiders!
                            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

I have an ESPN+ subscription, but rarely watch it as I try to be at live hockey games.
                              Having said that, this weekend I stayed home to attend a Watkins Glen historical motorsports film festival/symposium.
                              I am watching tonight's game at Yale and have to say that I am very impressed with the production.
                              First, the two announcers are very fair in their reporting and very knowledgeable about Colgate and its recent history.
                              Second, I really like the opportunity to see replays, especially of the goals.
                              When I am just blogging what I see in real-time at 'Gate away games on here, many arenas either don't have jumbotrons or don't replay opposition goals.

Colgate 2, Yale 1, score after two.
                              Another great opportunity to see if 'Gate learned a lesson (from its Saturday home UConn game) about how to play a third period entering with a one- (or two-) goal lead.

I am thinking that we learned the lesson and that we know how to keep our foot on the gas. Colgate 7, Yale 1, final score.
                              Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-04-2023, 08:20 PM.

Comment

That’s more like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X