Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colgate 2023-24

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Andy Boschetto, former Colgate assistant, joined the Lowell staff in July as an associate head coach. Go 'gate!!

    Comment


    • #62
      I am also happy to see Green Coat back posting on here. Like Shabby, I was getting concerned.

      This morning, a friend in the Twin Cities texted me that the son of a friend of his has committed to Colgate for 2024. The young man's name is Tommy Cronin and he is now playing for the Waterloo (Iowa) Black Hawks of the United States Hockey League (USHL), which is the American junior league that Mike Harder recently said was where Colgate was going to be looking more for future recruits. Tommy Cronin is from Edina, Minn., where Colorado College transfer Brett Chorske grew up. Other current 'Gate Minnesotans... Owen Neuharth, Savage; Jake Schneider, Plymouth; Tommy Bergsland, Wayzata; and Nick Anderson, Independence.

      Lastly, for my college hockey friends who also enjoy short-track auto racing, the Waterloo Black Hawks is the team on which former NASCAR stock car driver Michael Annett played. I knew Michael and his late father Harrold (TMC Transportation) from my days as executive director of the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame & Museum in Knoxville, Iowa. And the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame just happens to be mentioned in this College Hockey News article posted yesterday about the University of Michigan's Noah West, whose father Jeff raced at the Oswego (N.Y.) Speedway... Great New Responsibility : College Hockey News

      Comment


      • #63
        Can’t go wrong with another Cronin/Cronan…
        C O L G A T E
        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
        1990 NCAA FINALS
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8


        ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

        Comment


        • #64
          TeacherBill… very good. I had to look him up… https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/....php?pid=17885

          Comment


          • #65
            Carter Gylander is in net for Colgate tonight.
            Luke Pavicich is in goal for UMass Lowell.
            UML penalty. Killed.
            Midway through first, 7-0 SOG Colgate.
            UML penalty. Killed.

            Colgate 13, UML 7, SOG after one.
            Colgate 0, UML 0, score after one.

            Lowell penalty.
            Halfway through, a second Lowell penalty.
            Colgate’s Pierson Brandon with a PPG from Ethan Manderville and Nick Anderson.
            Second UML penalty killed.
            Colgate penalty. Killed.
            3.5 minutes to go in period, UML’s Crasa scored.

            UML 22, Colgate 21, SOG after two.
            Colgate 1, UML 1, score after two.

            UML asked for and have been granted a video review of previous play. Colgate 5-minute penalty.
            UML PPG at 8:01 of third.
            UML penalty. Killed.
            UML PPG with twelve seconds left in major penalty.
            Colgate even-strength goal by Ryan Sullivan from Glasman and Niko Rexine.
            UML goal with two minutes left in third. The fourth goal by Matt Crasa!! That is impressive!!
            Carter Gylander pulled.

            UMass Lowell 36, Colgate 29, SOG final.
            UMass Lowell 4, Colgate 2, score final.
            Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-20-2023, 08:12 PM.

            Comment


            • #66
              Matt Crasa 4, Colgate 2, final score.
              Now that was very impressive.
              Two of his goals seemed to flutter in past Carter with not much room to spare. I would like to see all four again in replay.

              Colgate won the first period, but it turns out tonight was a three-period game.
              Having said that, as a fan, I am having 'fun.'
              Mike Harder keeps talking about wanting his players to have 'fun.'
              He wants his defensemen to have 'fun' by being aggressive up ice.
              I am liking this new era of a more free-wheeling game.
              Yeah, we're going to lose some games by playing it. But I sense that it is going to be 'fun' (unless it gets out of control by heading south).

              I also like Mike Harder's open-n-fun style.
              In the pre-game 'Chalk Talk,' he said that we weren't going to see much of Alex DiPaolo nor Ross Mitton tonight... and we didn't.
              Well, except in the concourse and suite areas, as we did with Barb, Pierre, Charlie, Jake's father, Patty, Zach and the Pep Band.
              And was Don Vaughan in attendance? I didn't see him, but heard he was.

              Finally, besides Matt's four-goal performance, it was another interesting night.
              'Kneeing' penalties are thankfully rare in our sport.
              But I think UMass Lowell had one two-minute one tonight and Colgate had another five-minute one this evening. WTH?!


              Comment


              • #67
                Didn't see anyone get kneed, that five minute major cost us the game ! We were outplayed in the second and third, wonder what adjustments they made ? Hoping for a split tonight !
                It all starts with the goaltending.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Does anyone know what is up with Mitton? According to line sheets missing second consecutive game tonight. Secondly, gylander isn’t dressed tonight, possible injury from last nights kneeing?

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Andrew Takacs led Colgate onto the ice tonight for the pre-game warm-up.
                    Henry Welsch led UMass Lowell out onto the ice for the game.
                    Colgate penalty. Killed.
                    UML penalty. Killed.
                    UML penalty. Killed.

                    Colgate 9, UML 6, SOG after one.
                    Colgate 0, UML 0, score after one.

                    Midway through the game… 17-15 UML SOG.
                    Both goalies have made outstanding saves.

                    UML’s Cole scores at 12:01 of second period.
                    Colgate penalty. Killed.
                    Seconds later, another Colgate penalty. 41 seconds will remain in penalty in the third.

                    UML 22, Colgate 17, SOG after two.
                    UML 1, Colgate 0, score after two.

                    3 seconds left in penalty and UML scored PPG.
                    Seconds later, UML player Owen Cole left alone in front of ‘Gate and he scored.
                    UMass Lowell penalty.
                    Colgate’s Ethan Manderville with the PPG (from LaBelle and Anderson).
                    Seconds later, Colgate’s Levi Glasman scored a beauty (from Tamburro).
                    Colgate penalty.
                    UML scored a PPG when we couldn’t get the puck out of our own end. UML players left in front of our net.
                    Takacs pulled with three minutes left.
                    5.5 seconds remaining, UML scored an ENG.

                    UML 30, Colgate 27, SOG final.
                    UML 5, Colgate 2, score final.


                    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-21-2023, 07:20 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                      Matt Crasa 4, Colgate 2, final score.
                      Now that was very impressive.
                      Two of his goals seemed to flutter in past Carter with not much room to spare. I would like to see all four again in replay.

                      Colgate won the first period, but it turns out tonight was a three-period game.
                      Having said that, as a fan, I am having 'fun.'
                      Mike Harder keeps talking about wanting his players to have 'fun.'
                      He wants his defensemen to have 'fun' by being aggressive up ice.
                      I am liking this new era of a more free-wheeling game.
                      Yeah, we're going to lose some games by playing it. But I sense that it is going to be 'fun' (unless it gets out of control by heading south).

                      I also like Mike Harder's open-n-fun style.
                      In the pre-game 'Chalk Talk,' he said that we weren't going to see much of Alex DiPaolo nor Ross Mitton tonight... and we didn't.
                      Well, except in the concourse and suite areas, as we did with Barb, Pierre, Charlie, Jake's father, Patty, Zach and the Pep Band.
                      And was Don Vaughan in attendance? I didn't see him, but heard he was.

                      Finally, besides Matt's four-goal performance, it was another interesting night.
                      'Kneeing' penalties are thankfully rare in our sport.
                      But I think UMass Lowell had one two-minute one tonight and Colgate had another five-minute one this evening. WTH?!

                      the kneeing on UML was goalie interference not letting him get back to the crease, dirty play IMO, but like shabby I watched replay, hit was definitely a penalty but not 5 min

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Well, not a horrible weekend, but not a very good one either. Since we currently have no forward momentum as a team, having next weekend as an ‘off weekend’ can’t hurt. In fact, our tired and battered bones could use a rest. Good to see “Red” and Barb out and about tonight. And Pierre. ‘Night.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          UMass-Lowell was overall the better team this weekend. Congrats to them. Enjoyed meeting some of the UML parents and fans.They had a good-sized and active / loud turnout.

                          Colgate letting up two power play goals each night was a significant factor in our losses, particularly on Friday with two late in the game during the 5-minute penalty. We gotta stay out of the box!

                          Was great to see the support of the Pep Band on Friday night, but it seemed like they didn't get to play much. Whoever runs to music during breaks in the action didn't give the Band enough opportunities.

                          So this coming weekend we have no home hockey games (men or women) for Family Weekend. Hopefully in future years families can get to see one or both of our ice hockey teams in action.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by QuasiCosmos View Post
                            UMass-Lowell was overall the better team this weekend. Congrats to them. Enjoyed meeting some of the UML parents and fans.They had a good-sized and active / loud turnout.

                            Colgate letting up two power play goals each night was a significant factor in our losses, particularly on Friday with two late in the game during the 5-minute penalty. We gotta stay out of the box!

                            Was great to see the support of the Pep Band on Friday night, but it seemed like they didn't get to play much. Whoever runs to music during breaks in the action didn't give the Band enough opportunities.

                            So this coming weekend we have no home hockey games (men or women) for Family Weekend. Hopefully in future years families can get to see one or both of our ice hockey teams in action.
                            Very poor planning !
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                              Well, not a horrible weekend, but not a very good one either.
                              Would argue it was horrible, Iowa. Penalties didn’t help. Takacs played well enough but made a costly, rookie mistake. Feels like another rebuilding/underdog year for this title team, which is fine. Our OOC schedule year in and year out rarely impresses me, and the past 2 weeks - at home - were nothing more than missed opportunities. It’s no wonder we can’t land NoDak or other powerhouses on our schedule with results like these. UML finished 18-15 last year; UConn a respectable 20-12, but was swept already this season by Holy Cross. If this is our best, we won’t finish .500. That said, I am thrilled for the Harder era and cannot wait to see who he lands as recruits. I see the dynamics changing more quickly for this program and not waiting another 30+ years for a 3rd title.
                              C O L G A T E
                              2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                              1990 NCAA FINALS
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8


                              ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                              ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                              ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Teacher Bill, I won't argue with you as I fully realize that everyone is different (which is a good thingee), but for me, 'horrible' is...

                                going to an NCAA Regional game in Allentown, Penna., and losing 11-1 to Michigan, or

                                losing 6-1 at RIT, losing 6-0 at Miami (Ohio), losing 5-0 to Quinnipiac at home, losing 6-1 at Harvard, losing 6-0 to Quinnipiac at Nassau Coliseum, losing 6-0 at Union, and losing 4-0 at Union in the first round of the ECAC Tournament... ALL in ONE season.

                                Having said that, I do agree with you on our yearly non-conference schedule and, overall, our disappointing play in them in recent times. While going to Niagara and losing 3-2 and 3-2 wasn't 'horrible' last year, it wasn't very good either.

                                P.S. - I went to all those games mentioned and sat there in my Colgate hat and jersey, with pom-poms by my side. he he he
                                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-22-2023, 10:50 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X