Colgate 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is such an interesting game.
    Last night, Sacred Heart got better as the game went on. Tonight, it was Colgate’s turn. 23 SOG total in the first two periods. 21 in the third period.
    Ben Raymond had a great game, but so did several Colgate players, including some of the younger ones.
    I can be critical of our non-conference scheduling, but, with the circumstances this year, it turned out that a sweep of Sacred Heart is just what the doctor ordered for team-building.
    2-1-1 with a new coach is not a bad way to start our season. Bring on UMass Lowell. he he he
    P.S. - I ventured up to Storrs, Conn., this afternoon to see BC women edge UConn by one goal. As nice as that new arena is, I like Sacred Heart’s better… just seems cleaner, brighter and more open.

Comment

Nice win, boys finally closed one out in third. Freshmen looking very good, starting to think one of the best classes in quite awhile, maybe ten years back to the Spinks, Borokowski etc . PWR #10 , sweep on the road always special !
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Nice sweep of SHU. Sets us up nicely for the Lowell games.
        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Fun to watch this team! Happy for them and the coaching staff on a great road weekend. As always, thanks to IOWA for his “at the rink” stats and comments. Looking forward to Lowell next weekend. Go ‘gate!

Comment

Lowell was off this weekend and split with Alaska Anchorage on the road last weekend. I’ll be happy with a split at Lowell.

Comment

Magoo, UMass Lowell is at Colgate. Both games. he he he

Comment

My (VERY) bad. Thanks Iowa.
                Even at home I’ll still be happy with a split.
                But I’ll be even happier with a sweep!

Comment

Arnaud Vachon scored the game winner for Augustana's first win ever yesterday ! They beat Bowling Green.

Comment

Way to go, Arnaud!!!

Comment

Why didn't he stay at Colgate, Augustana offer a better PG program ?

Comment

Greencoat...you ok ? Maybe you're waiting for them to lose before you post ? All kidding aside, hope your doing ok !

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          Why didn't he stay at Colgate, Augustana offer a better PG program ?

This article mentions Boschetto being an AC at Augustana as a factor...also says he is pursuing an MBA.

https://www.therinklive.com/mens-col...tana-this-fall
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                            Greencoat...you ok ? Maybe you're waiting for them to lose before you post ? All kidding aside, hope your doing ok !
                            Shabby, let me defend my friend the Coat... he's a passionate fan who wants the best for our teams, just calls 'em how he sees 'em! Bet he's happy with both our early hockey success & the football team posting a couple of W's. Meanwhile, missed you last w/e... coming down for either of the UML games? I'll be around...

Comment

Gate83, you still lurking around lol ? Good to hear from you also, don't be a stranger ! Maybe the Coat is celebrating our Browns win still ?

Comment

I'm here boys and girls and thanks for the inquiry...actually, pretty pleased with the boys so far...thought the UConn games were OK with both teams (frankly) a little sloppy, but understandable since neither team had an exhibition test beforehand...overall team speed looks pretty good and, not surprisingly, our "D" is picking up some of the scoring slack...goals-by-committee may be the answer this year and perhaps Harder is giving our defensemen a little more leeway in joining a rush...I am noticing improvement this year in a number of last season's freshmen and sophomores...still think 5th or 6th place for this team is probable, but not a bad showing...BTW 2024 recruits look pretty decent (hope we can keep all of them)...

Comment

Working...
                                X