No announcement yet.

Colgate 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes, Colgate plays the winner of Stonehill/Cornell...watched the entire WIH win against Clarkson...thought both teams played well and enjoyed Pierre on the color call with Mr. McGraw...a great pair when listening to hockey...expect tight games with SLU (they almost always are)...hope students are back in Hamilton next weekend...

Comment

• Shabby - according to Stonehill's schedule, they will play Cornell on Thursday night at 7 pm. Magoo - yes, the winner of that game plays Colgate on Saturday at 3 pm. I attended both games this past weekend and what amazing games!! I connected with Dan Delanaides '86 before the game on Friday. As mentioned on this thread, his daughter Lily plays for Cornell and Dan played gaolie for 'gate, backup to Jeff Cooper for 3 years and then starting goalie for a year. The game against Clarkson was thrilling and you could cut the tension in the arena with a knife! Clarkson fans and pep band were very vocal. A wonderful ending to a great weekend of hockey!! Congrats to all involved!!!! Go 'gate!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Magoo View Post

Does Colgate play the winner?
        The Cornell - Stonehill women's hockey game is THUR Mar 14, 7:00 pm in class of 1965 arena.

Colgate women's hockey team plays the winner of that game on Saturday, Mar 16, at 3:00 pm in the class of 1965 arena.

Saturday will be great day for Colgate hockey. Women followed by men at 7:00 versus SLU.

I don't see the women's tickets on sale yet on the Colgate athletics website.
        Last edited by QuasiCosmos; 03-11-2024, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• I just got an email from ‘gate athletics saying the game on Saturday is at 2:00 and tickets will go on sale tomorrow.

Comment

• Thanks CU13 ! Congrats to Jake Schneider who was announced a first team ECAC rookie award.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• McMann just signed a two year extension with the Leafs for $2.7 million. Congrats to Bobby on earning his spot in the big leagues!

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2024/...o-maple-leafs/
              Last edited by Marmot; 03-13-2024, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• I thought he fit right in with the games I've seen.

Comment

• I just posted this on the women's side of things, but it is equally apropos here...

"I rarely watch home hockey games from the Class of 1965 Arena in Hamilton, N.Y., on ESPN+ PPV, but... John McGraw is an incredible announcer who does his homework.
                  Watching tonight, you'd think that he was either a Cornell announcer and/or a Stonehill announcer (as he is so knowledgeable).
                  He is deserving of any and every accolade that he receives, including the Silver Puck Award from Colgate University."

Last weekend, I ventured to the North Country to watch Saint Lawrence defeat Yale on Friday and RPI upset Clarkson on Saturday (both with Clarkson Doug). On Friday, I didn't think either goalie played tournament-quality goal, though Saint Lawrence won. On Saturday, Clarkson was the more-skilled team, but they lacked a sense of urgency (in the entire game) 'til the last ten minutes of the third period. Crazy! I truly hope Casey Jones survives the off-season, as he is a good coach and a better person.

What does that mean for this weekend's Saint Lawrence at Colgate series? I think if Carter Gylander plays well, or very well, we should sweep the series. If he has one poor night, it could very well go to three games and then 'anything can happen.'

I will be at all Colgate men's games this weekend (and the Cornell at Colgate women's game on Saturday afternoon).
                  P.S. - Congrats to the Colgate's men's basketball team for once again qualifying for the NCAA tournament, where Colgate is 0-6 to-date.
                  Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 03-14-2024, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• We've won eight straight at home, hopefully we can make it ten this weekend. This team is peaking at the right time ! Go Raiders !

Comment

• Home ice was the first test for Coach Harder and his first Gate team, this is the second on the road to a repeat of last year's championship. Go Gate!

Comment

• Carter Gylander led Colgate onto the ice for tonight’s ECAC Hockey tournament pre-game warm-up.
                        Ben Kraws did the same for Saint Lawrence.

Halfway through the first… Colgate 4-1 SOG.
                        Back-n-forth play. Very entertaining.

Pep Band present. Not a very good crowd, but those that are here are enthusiastic.

Saint Lawrence penalty. Colgate 9-1 SOG at start of PP. Killed.

Colgate 17, Saint Lawrence 3, SOG after one.
                        Colgate 0, Saint Lawrence 0, score after one.

Colgate pings one off the pipe.
                        Colgate penalty. 19-7 SOG at start. Colgate’s Jake Schneider pings one off the pipe when short-handed. And Saint Lawrence scored a PPG.
                        Seconds later, Saint Lawrence scores again. Carter Gylander not happy with that one.
                        Colgate 19-11 SOG midway through the second period.

Saint Lawrence definitely out-muscling us this period. They are winning the small battles.

Colgate 24, Saint Lawrence 19, SOG after two.
                        Saint Lawrence 2, Colgate 0, score after two.

Down 2-0 and on three separate occasions, we make blind passes onto the sticks of Saint Lawrence players. Clearly we believe in that strategy.

Simon LaBelle with a breakaway and he pings it off the pipe.
                        Saint Lawrence penalty. Finally… a PPG by Tommy Bergsland.

Ten minutes remaining in regulation and time is not our friend.

Alex DiPaolo scored a beauty from Brett Chorske and Tommy Bergsland.

Colgate 33, Saint Lawrence 21, SOG after regulation.
                        Colgate 2, Saint Lawrence 2, score after regulation.

Headed to sudden-death, 5-on-5 OT.

Lots of ‘Gate parents in attendance tonight, along with our own cast of characters… Charlie, Barb, the Professor, Zachary, etc.

Favorites Quinnipiac, Cornell and Dartmouth have all won tonight.

Media time-out. 41-25 Colgate SOG. If you love edge-of-your-seat college hockey, this is your game tonight. Very exciting. Neither team wants the face-off in their end.

Saint Lawrence time-out. 44-28 SOG. 10 seconds left in the first OT period.

Colgate 44, Saint Lawrence 28, SOG after OT-1.
                        Colgate 2, Saint Lawrence 2, score after OT-1.
                        Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 03-15-2024, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Colgate 45-28 SOG to start OT-2.
                          SOG have been adjusted after every period tonight, which is unusual here.

Saint Lawrence wins.
                          50-32 SOG.
                          3-2 score.
                          Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 03-15-2024, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                            Colgate 45-28 SOG to start OT-2.
                            SOG have been adjusted after every period tonight, which is unusual here.

Saint Lawrence wins.
                            50-32 SOG.
                            3-2 score.
                            Watched the game as best I could (it buffered like crazy on my Chromebook) and certainly Colgate was the better team tonight.

My money is still on 'Gate, but I'm afraid that whoever advances will be worn out.

Comment

• Well, I don’t think we have anybody to blame but ourselves tonight. In tournament hockey, you have to play a solid 60 minutes of hockey in the first three periods. If you don’t, you are likely to get the result that we got tonight. You gets what you pays for.

We have now painted ourselves into a corner with tonight’s loss. Our next loss sends us home. There are no more second chances, no more do-overs.

Having said that, there is a bright side… if we win our final eight games of the season, we are the National Champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Watched the game as best I could (it buffered like crazy on my Chromebook) and certainly Colgate was the better team tonight.

My money is still on 'Gate, but I'm afraid that whoever advances will be worn out.
                                The game was “skipping” for me, constantly backtracking a few seconds. Colgate hasn’t always provided a top-notch video feed, and they’ll need to get their act together quickly since they’re streaming a women’s NCAA tournament game today.

As for the game last night, we looked a bit rusty in the 1st period but found our skating legs as the game progressed. We hit 3 posts, 2 of them on breakaways. The “lucky bounces” just didn’t go our way.

(And while we’re on the topic of lucky bounces, the Boston Bruins got one last Monday only for it to get challenged for offsides then overturned. Now THAT is deflating!)
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X