No announcement yet.

Colgate 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's to new beginnings and hoping Coach Harder can do for men's hockey what Coach Fargo has done for women's...make them a consistent winner and a team that can recruit for and sign their fair share of the best talent every year! Go Gate!

Comment

Cornell men’s ice hockey individual home game tickets are on sale. Today, I bought my tickets for University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) at Cornell, October 27-28, and Colgate at Cornell, December 2. Go ‘Dogs and Go ‘Gate!!

Comment

Amen, OT
        C O L G A T E
        2023 ECAC CHAMPION
        1990 NCAA FINALS
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
        ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
        ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

For those fans coming to Colgate this Saturday (Oct 7) for the men's hockey game at 7 pm, it's a great opportunity to catch the nationally ranked women's hockey game at 2 pm. While you're here also check out the women's volleyball game at 3 pm; and if you want to brave the cold and rain -- men's soccer at 5 pm. The students are on fall break, so the teams would welcome your support!

Comment

Plan on going Sunday. 3:00 PM
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Shabby, sounds good. I will be there Saturday for both women and men, and Sunday for men. Possibly Friday for women, too.

Comment

Checking in for the 2023-24 season. I hope everyone had a good summer. It was very rainy in the Boston area, and it has rained here the past 4 Saturdays in a row, ughhh!

But fortunately, hockey season is back tomorrow! As usual (and is the case for other ECAC teams besides us), we have a lot of question marks going into this season. Not only did we lose players to graduation, but we also have a new head coach. Fortunately our new coach is a former Colgate player and former assistant. How will we fare this season? Honestly, we won't know until we play the games.

Last season was one to remember - I didn't see it coming and honestly, nobody did. But I hope this is a springboard for sustained success. Will we be a force to be reckoned with this season? Probably not - there will certainly be some transition as the result of a new coach. But I'm hoping that in a few seasons, we'll be a competitive team that's consistently fighting for a championship.

Let's Go!!!
                Colgate '09

Comment

Very interested in tonight's game, is the banner going up ?
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Carter Gylander in net tonight for Colgate.
                    Arsenii Sergeev in goal for UConn.
                    Pep band is in the house tonight.
                    UConn penalty three minutes in. Killed.
                    UConn first on the board at 7:14 of first. Wood.
                    And seconds later, UConn scored again. Salminen.
                    And seconds later, Colgate responds. McGuire from Tamburro at 8:02.
                    UConn penalty. Killed.
                    Colgate penalty with 2:07 left in first period. Killed.

Colgate 8, UConn 7, SOG after one.
                    UConn 2, Colgate 1, score after one.

Colgate penalty one minute into second. Killed.
                    UConn penalty five minutes into period. Killed.
                    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-07-2023, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Midway through game, a delay. Linesman went to dressing room with injury. Play resumed with one linesman.
                      Colgate penalty eleven minutes into second. Killed.

Colgate 23, UConn 21, SOG after two.
                      UConn 2, Colgate 1, score after two.

Colgate penalty midway through third. Killed.
                      12:16. Wood holding stick penalty on UConn.
                      Short-handed goal by UConn’s Salminen.
                      Colgate penalty with six seconds left on UConn penalty.
                      Short-handed goal by Colgate’s Ben Raymond.

Colgate pulled Gylander with two minutes to go.
                      And UConn scored with 1:33 left. ENG.

Colgate 34, UConn 31, SOG final.
                      UConn 4, Colgate 2, score final.
                      Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-07-2023, 08:16 PM.

Comment

An exciting time. I like the team a lot. Some of the new guys can play and we can definitely beat UConn. At times we brought great pressure and our aggressive penalty kill was fun to watch, but early season mistakes and Gylander being just good not great didn't help. Hopefully we can get a split.

Comment

I agree, Oldtimer! I really liked our energy and drive to the puck. The banner will be raised before the Harvard game in November. Go 'gate!!!!!

Comment

A very entertaining game tonight, I thought (not unlike this afternoon’s women’s win/sweep over Penn State). It started with Mike Harder’s once-a-week pre-game ChalkTalk; he is definitely going to be good for the program by trying new-n-different things. I thought Ryan McGuire played a good game; afterwards I spotted Pierre amongst several parents, including Mrs. Anderson (who is a hoot). I agree that Carter Gylander was good, not great; he can play better. I appreciate seeing friends Zachary, The Professor, Barb, Jackie from Ticketing, Kate from Resource Development, and R. Braden Houston. Again, we didn’t do ourselves nor ECAC Hockey any favors by losing to a non-conference opponent; congrats to Clarkson and Saint Lawrence for their wins tonight. While I think we still have a winning record over UConn, overall (6-5-1), we need to turn our recent streak with them (three losses and a tie) around tomorrow at 3 p.m. ‘Night from foggy Owego and Go ‘Gate.
                            Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-07-2023, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Played decent enough for the first game but after a banner year (pretty sure we won the ECAC tournament and I got trapped in the snow on the way back from placid) why the hell we didn’t raise a banner tonight. did not feel like an opening night…I have heard excuses like students not around but they are just that excuses

Comment

Very excited and optimistic for the Harder era; it’s been a long time coming. Sour way to get his campaign started, but not surprised. Don’t mind the delay in raising the banner; kind of nice to rub it in Harvard’s face. Hope we can find some offense this season.
                                C O L G A T E
                                2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                                1990 NCAA FINALS
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                                ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                                ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X