No announcement yet.

Colgate 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I noticed the game tonight is listed as a 7:00 start on here and on the CHN app but ESPN+ has it starting at 7:30?

Comment

• Originally posted by still an empty net View Post
      I noticed the game tonight is listed as a 7:00 start on here and on the CHN app but ESPN+ has it starting at 7:30?
      The schedule page lists it as 7:30PM drop. I'm guessing the time is due to the game being broadcast on SNY.
      https://colgateathletics.com/sports/...hedule/2023-24
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• It was nice to see the team and coaches in attendance at the Islanders/Toronto game last night, where our own Bobby McMann (Toronto) scored. Go 'Gate!!

Comment

• That was ugly. I know it will take a new coach time to build, but you simply cannot get dominated by a mediocre LIU team.

Comment

• Lose in OT to LIU. We’ve sunk to a new low.
            C O L G A T E
            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
            1990 NCAA FINALS
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

• unacceptable, period...

Comment

• Look who their coach is, hmmm. LIU is Cornellesque in size, just checked it out, fourteen players 6-2 and over. Modeled after Cornell ??
                I really hope their is a different outcome tonight .
                Last edited by sshablak; 01-13-2024, 08:00 AM.
                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• I am happy seeing Nick Haas of Williamsville, N.Y., in goal this afternoon for Colgate.
                  It is also great for Ross Mitton to be playing in front of family and friends this weekend on Long Island.
                  I don't get to watch many live college hockey games on ESPN+, but I am pleased with today's on-air talent... very knowledgeable and fair.
                  Getting chippy at the end of the first period today (Saturday).
                  Lastly, if the Silver Puck Club is our 'fan club,' I must not be on their mailing (nor e-mailing) list.
                  Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-13-2024, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Despite the naysayers I thought LIU looked OK for a club that is a newbie. I managed to see the last period on SNY. That winning goal I thought was an easy stop for Gylander, but no. Good luck today. Gotta get at least a split.

Have not heard a thing from Silver Puck this season. What's up?
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Can we get don vaughn back? Losing to LIU TWICE? How sad, they are 50 of 62 and we can’t win, making me wonder about wanting to travel to catch the qu game. I of course will but man this weekend was depressing
                      Last edited by red133883; 01-13-2024, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Woooooof I hear ya red. I feel like we just don’t have the guys to put the puck in the back on the net. Lots of circling and passing when on the PP and in OT but no plans to shoot and score.

Comment

• As usual we finish our o-o-c season with a subpar record (3-7-2) against below mediocre teams...the irony here, of course, is that Brett Riley was with our program several years ago before starting the same at LIU...I know for a fact that he was a key guy in bringing some talent to Colgate, has a great college hockey pedigree and was very, very popular with young men looking to play hockey at the collegiate level...by no means am I forgetting the great weekend in Lake Placid last year, but one wonders...if we had two parallel universes and one involved Brett succeeding DV as head coach at Colgate in 2020 or 2021 would our program be in better shape today? Finally, these two losses simply reinforce the relative weakness (save Q-Pac and Cornell) of the ECAC...and it doesn't appear to be getting better anytime soon...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                            As usual we finish our o-o-c season with a subpar record (3-7-2) against below mediocre teams...the irony here, of course, is that Brett Riley was with our program several years ago before starting the same at LIU...I know for a fact that he was a key guy in bringing some talent to Colgate, has a great college hockey pedigree and was very, very popular with young men looking to play hockey at the collegiate level...by no means am I forgetting the great weekend in Lake Placid last year, but one wonders...if we had two parallel universes and one involved Brett succeeding DV as head coach at Colgate in 2020 or 2021 would our program be in better shape today? Finally, these two losses simply reinforce the relative weakness (save Q-Pac and Cornell) of the ECAC...and it doesn't appear to be getting better anytime soon...
                            Colgate could have hired Riley last spring as well

Comment

• sezenack...I wish Mike Harder all the best and the incoming class next year looks fairly good...nonetheless, what the **** is our university thinking in NOT hiring Brett Riley? I'm now an old fart and don't have that many contacts in the college hockey world, but the individuals I've spoken to re: Riley are well known, knowledgeable and objective...well, that train has left the station...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
                                sezenack...I wish Mike Harder all the best and the incoming class next year looks fairly good...nonetheless, what the **** is our university thinking in NOT hiring Brett Riley? I'm now an old fart and don't have that many contacts in the college hockey world, but the individuals I've spoken to re: Riley are well known, knowledgeable and objective...well, that train has left the station...
                                I would agree based on what I've seen too. Riley had good recruiting success at gate, and he has made LIU respectable. But yeah don't write off Harder. I think he can be successful as well, and this is coming from an RPI fan

Comment

Working...
                                X