No announcement yet.

Colgate 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back at the Black Bear Inn and still thrilled that PWR#42 tied PWR#1 in Orono tonight. I believe that Maine’s only home blemish this season prior to tonight was a tie against Boston College. And we accomplished that tonight, thanks mainly to Carter G.
    I honestly look forward to seeing Maine in the NCAA tournament this year and hopefully in St. Paul. Two talented New Brunswick kids and two talented Swedish goalies are fun to watch, along with the other cast of characters.
    This weekend’s two-game series reminded me of the two games I saw last Saturday in Lake Placid at the Adirondack Winter Invitational. The consolation game (Clarkson over UMass) was exciting, but the title game (Arizona State over Cornell) was intense. Last night’s Maine win was exciting, but tonight’s tie was intense. The action was wild the whole night (and thankfully not real chippy).
    As a bonus, I really enjoyed the Maine fans around me. An Oceanography professor, a Human Sexuality professor, a couple of guys from the Maine thread on here and the aunts of the New Brunswick boys. What a hoot!!
    P.S. - Barb, I forgot about Nic Belpedio. Dang!
    P.P.S. - Brett Chorske continues to be a great pick-up for us from Colorado College.
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-07-2024, 05:02 AM.

Comment

• tough call on Chorske in ot...have to take another look at the tape, but Chorske getting called for "goaltender interference" seemed a stretch...and yes, IBT, he's been a very good pickup after two rather unproductive years at CC...makes up for CC stealing Noah Laba from us almost two years ago...Ryan continues to impress all over the ice...cautiously optimistic going forward...an interesting team that is fun to watch and is getting better...

Comment

• Nothing to be ashamed of last night, tieing the #1 PWR team on the road in front of 5000 fans is a win in my books. Maine's two goals in nineteen seconds in the last minute of the second period to tie it was disappointing. We should be fine in the ECAC, need to find some consistency.

Iowa we've got about a foot here in Rome and it's still coming, supp to taper off this afternoon.
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• A foot here in Central NY near the foothills of the Catskills.
          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            We should be fine in the ECAC, need to find some consistency.
            It’s all about winning at home. If we do that we should finish in the top 4.

Comment

• Thanks, all. I got in my car in Orono at 6:15 a.m… no snow on the ground nor was it falling. Within 45 minutes, I was in snow (falling and on the roads) all 15 hours of my journey home!! Dicey driving conditions for nearly the whole trip. Sheesh!!

I tried to stay north of the forecasted storm by taking two-lane backroads due west of Orono through western Maine, northern New Hampshire, northern Vermont (two miles from the Canadian border), and northern New York (before going south via Malone, Potsdam/Canton area, Lowville and Hwy. 26 through Rome, by Hamilton, to Whitney Point and finally Owego/Newark Valley). Just got home at 10:15 p.m.

Well, I guess I said that I did want a Winter Wonderland this weekend in Maine. he he he
              Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-07-2024, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                Thanks, all. I got in my car in Orono at 6:15 a.m… no snow on the ground nor was it falling. Within 45 minutes, I was in snow (falling and on the roads) all 15 hours of my journey home!! Dicey driving conditions for nearly the whole trip. Sheesh!!

I tried to stay north of the forecasted storm by taking two-lane backroads due west of Orono through western Maine, northern New Hampshire, northern Vermont (two miles from the Canadian border), and northern New York (before going south via Malone, Potsdam/Canton area, Lowville and Hwy. 26 through Rome, by Hamilton, to Whitney Point and finally Owego/Newark Valley). Just got home at 10:15 p.m.

Well, I guess I said that I did want a Winter Wonderland this weekend in Maine. he he he
                Wow Iowa, that's quite a route ! Your trip time 16 hours ??? or did you make stops along the way ?
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Sounds like quite the adventure! I'm guessing you followed US Route 2 through Maine, NH, and VT, crossing into NY near Rouses Point?
                  Colgate '09

Comment

• Wicked, one quick stop for breakfast at the first town west of Dixville Notch, N.H. The restaurant closed for the day fifteen minutes after I left at 11:45 a.m. due to ‘no business’ because of the storm. In Lowville, N.Y., I got a sub sammich to go. One fuel stop near the Vt./N.Y. border and the rest was driving on slick roads.

Rainman, I did cross at Rouse’s Point and I was on Route 2, but not all the way. I know I went through Newport, Vt. I followed my GPS with it set for ‘no highways’ and ‘no car ferries.’ he he he

Comment

• Iowa...you heading to Long Island this weekend ? Another new rink maybe ?
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Wicked, one quick stop for breakfast at the first town west of Dixville Notch, N.H. The restaurant closed for the day fifteen minutes after I left at 11:45 a.m. due to ‘no business’ because of the storm. In Lowville, N.Y., I got a sub sammich to go. One fuel stop near the Vt./N.Y. border and the rest was driving on slick roads.

Rainman, I did cross at Rouse’s Point and I was on Route 2, but not all the way. I know I went through Newport, Vt. I followed my GPS with it set for ‘no highways’ and ‘no car ferries.’ he he he
                        Love hearing about your travels near and far Iowa !! Also, I watched the Sat. night game vs. Maine. I was very impressed with Gate...they are a well-coached and very poised squad. I know moral victories aren't everyone's favorite, but they outplayed Maine for large stretches of the game...the new coach has them playing well!
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Shabby, no. On December 10, 2021, I attended Quinnipiac at Long Island University, logging in the arena. That night, I decided to drive through the City after the game and totaled my mini-van on the Throgs Neck Expressway when a woman was driving the wrong way (coming at me and others). I then rented a car in early January to follow Colgate to Northern Michigan (truly a Winter Wonderland). One hour out of Marquette in a blizzard along Lake Superior on Sunday morning, the hand-controls collapsed in my lap. Since then, I have been skittish about driving to/from Long Island and renting vehicles with temporarily installed hand-controls. he he he. But the real reason is that I am being inducted into the FOAR SCORE Fan Club Hall of Fame on Saturday night in Amherst, N.Y. It is a motorsports organization and I am being honored as ‘local boy done good’ since I am originally from Kenmore/Town of Tonawanda.
                          Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 01-09-2024, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Congrats on your honor, Iowa!! If Colgate had a Fan Club Hall of Fame, you would surely be in it!!!! Glad you made it home safely from Maine. Go 'gate!!

Comment

• Thanks, Barb!! I just wish that Colgate had a fan club or a booster association or whatever you want to call it. Can you imagine monthly mid-week meetings with guest speakers at each one (with live-streaming for out-of-towners)? When I followed Colgate to Belfast for the Friendship Four tournament, I realized how segmented our fan base is in reality. You have season ticket holders, USCHO message board thread bearers, Silver Puck Clubbers, parents, donors and various MIH ‘Gate keepers (alum). Some of the groups intersect and overlap, but not all. I guess the closest thing we have now is Mike Harder’s series of Friday home game ‘Chalk Talks,’ which are short, but excellent. Go ‘Gate!

Comment

.....When I followed Colgate to Belfast for the Friendship Four tournament, I realized how segmented our fan base is in reality. You have season ticket holders, USCHO message board thread bearers, Silver Puck Clubbers, parents, donors and various MIH ‘Gate keepers (alum). Some of the groups intersect and overlap, but not all. I guess the closest thing we have now is Mike Harder’s series of Friday home game ‘Chalk Talks,’ which are short, but excellent. Go ‘Gate!
                                I thought the Silver Puck Club was our "fan club." Is that not so?

COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Working...
                                X