Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan State 2023-24. Tis the boldly numbered season.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    Wow. If that was not a perfect script of an ending, what are you looking for? Guys like Russell, Dorwart, Shoudy know how to handle The Moment.
    State throttled Minnesota's power play, played hard end-to-end and earned this.
    And, I think my voice is slowly recovering. Thanks Munn for being LOUD.
    That was an incredible 3rd period. Minnesota played a very businesslike first 2 periods and felt like they had everything firmly under control and then MSU completely tilted the ice. Even on the 6 minutes of PK, MSU was the more dangerous team.

    What a night. Biggest win at Munn in years considering the stakes we are playing for every weekend.

    Comment


    • Loss on Friday, win on Saturday at Compton. I thought MSU played well for most of the weekend. I hate that we take so many penalties, but at least our penalty kill has been pretty good.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

      Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
        Loss on Friday, win on Saturday at Compton. I thought MSU played well for most of the weekend. I hate that we take so many penalties, but at least our penalty kill has been pretty good.
        A split was pretty predictable against a stout defense at their place. I, too, thought MSU played well enough and had no complaints about compete either night. Perhaps it was just a matter of containing UND's two offensive dmen Siedem and Bavaro on Sat., although out of curiosity I checked the box score to test my theory and Bavaro had 9 (!) shots.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

          A split was pretty predictable against a stout defense at their place. I, too, thought MSU played well enough and had no complaints about compete either night. Perhaps it was just a matter of containing UND's two offensive dmen Siedem and Bavaro on Sat., although out of curiosity I checked the box score to test my theory and Bavaro had 9 (!) shots.
          Good response Saturday, from what looked like a fair effort on Friday that failed to produce results because (a) Bischel was really good (b) Notre Dame was more fired up for this, given recent performance against Spartans and (c) they were masterful at baiting MSU, who drew more attention after the whistle than the home team did.

          Comment


          • Good series sweep…been awhile. MSU played the way they have to to beat Michigan….good goaltending, stay out of the box, and capitalize on scoring opportunities. MSU is playing well and should end up in one of the top two spots.

            Comment


            • Got a chance to head over to LCA last weekend and it was a treat. With the rivalry bumping again it’s a really great atmosphere and the type of game recruits love.

              We’re in a great spot so we should enjoy the week off. I just hope somebody, anybody at all can help us out with Wisconsin.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                We’re in a great spot so we should enjoy the week off. I just hope somebody, anybody at all can help us out with Wisconsin.
                I think it's asking a lot for OSU and/or PSU, both very challenged teams this season, to steal a game in either series against Wisconsin. The saving grace is that Wiscy has to travel to both destinations, so that might provide a window of opportunity. Still, I think it's up to us to create our own destiny, and fortunately this MSU team seems to be up to the task.

                Comment


                • De facto conference championship series next weekend in Madison.

                  Bummer on Friday, but we looked good on Saturday.
                  Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                  66 - 86 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

                  Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                    De facto conference championship series next weekend in Madison.

                    Bummer on Friday, but we looked good on Saturday.
                    Yes, we were outplayed on Friday and made numerous defensive turnovers…Saturday we were the better team.

                    Next weekend we need 2 points to be conference champs.

                    Comment


                    • I'm wondering about where the next recruit posting will show up. Overall it seems the roster is in good shape for a couple seasons, but there are little things like a glut of left wingers and, unless Nienhaus or Crossman decide to return as graduates, slim on left-shooting d-men.

                      Comment


                      • Congratulations to the B1G Champs! I was a little concerned after we didnt convert on the power plays in the 3rd but this is a mentally tough team and they hung in there until the Badger D change led to the clinching 2 on 1. Augustine could have been rattled after the initial fluke goal but, again, that's just not their DNA. No idea what to expect the rest of the way but they've already made it a special year.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by demhall View Post
                          Congratulations to the B1G Champs! I was a little concerned after we didnt convert on the power plays in the 3rd but this is a mentally tough team and they hung in there until the Badger D change led to the clinching 2 on 1. Augustine could have been rattled after the initial fluke goal but, again, that's just not their DNA. No idea what to expect the rest of the way but they've already made it a special year.
                          Yep, I was not sure we could pull it off even before the 3rd period last night. Even knowing how impressive we’ve been all year, winning the league just seemed like too big of a jump in year 2 after more than a decade in the wilderness. An incredible job by this team and staff, a year that will go down as among the greatest in program history. The boys should be proud.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                            I'm wondering about where the next recruit posting will show up. Overall it seems the roster is in good shape for a couple seasons, but there are little things like a glut of left wingers and, unless Nienhaus or Crossman decide to return as graduates, slim on left-shooting d-men.
                            Our commitment list is pretty long and we also just took a pretty big class. We have some holes, but we probably don't have a huge number of spots.
                            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                            66 - 86 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

                            Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

                            Comment


                            • Another five years (and a significant raise) for Nightingale. Assistant pool is also getting increased.
                              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                              66 - 86 - 07
                              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

                              Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

                              Comment


                              • Well now, Sunday gave us an unexpected twist. How long can OSU's new-found moxie survive?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X