Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan State 2023-24. Tis the boldly numbered season.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Ike and Trey have made the WJC roster for the US. Also, Strbak will represent Slovakia and Mannisto made Finland's team.

    Nightingale previously said that Abdelkader was the last MSU player to make a WJC roster. It has been a long, long time.
    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
    66 - 86 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

    Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
      Ike and Trey have made the WJC roster for the US. Also, Strbak will represent Slovakia and Mannisto made Finland's team.

      Nightingale previously said that Abdelkader was the last MSU player to make a WJC roster. It has been a long, long time.
      Pretty proud as a Spartan fan. The impact? Spread across 1st and 4th lines and 2nd- (or third-) defensive pairing. With Luca Di Pasquo a more-than-capable backup, MSU has a lot remaining intact going into the GLI.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by owslachief View Post

        Pretty proud as a Spartan fan. The impact? Spread across 1st and 4th lines and 2nd- (or third-) defensive pairing. With Luca Di Pasquo a more-than-capable backup, MSU has a lot remaining intact going into the GLI.
        I agree…I expect Shoudy to move to LW on the Dortwart Russell line…..that will give a couple of rarely used players a chance to fill out the 4th line.

        Comment


        • #94
          Quite an epic WJC tournament by Isaac Howard, who leads all tournament rosters with 7 goals through today's quarterfinals. Strbak's 6 points ties him for most points among D-men. Augustine has a .956 save percentage, 2nd only to Sweden's Havelid (1.000).

          Comment


          • #95
            Alcohol at all concession stands this Friday.
            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
            66 - 86 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

            Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by owslachief View Post
              Quite an epic WJC tournament by Isaac Howard, who leads all tournament rosters with 7 goals through today's quarterfinals. Strbak's 6 points ties him for most points among D-men. Augustine has a .956 save percentage, 2nd only to Sweden's Havelid (1.000).
              Tommi's been pretty good for Finland, too. Kid has a lot of upside.

              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

              Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                ✺◟(^∇^)◞✺

                Comment


                • #98
                  WILX won the 7-10pm ratings battle with the championship game last Friday in their market. Maybe the GLI has opened their eyes about future efforts to broadcast Michigan State hockey locally.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    NHL Central Scoutings Mid-Term rankings are out, and representing, in North America, are
                    #2: Levshunov
                    #78: Austin Baker ('24)
                    #85. Lucas Van Vliet ('24)
                    Last edited by owslachief; 01-12-2024, 11:56 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Oh, I know what we can do; let's talk about Penn State - our opponent this weekend on the road.
                      PSU enters at 10-7-3, ranked #17 pairwise. They're 2-5-3 vs. opponents ranked in top 20, and are 4-4-1 at home.
                      MSU enters at 13-4-3, ranked #7 pairwise, 5-3-2 vs. opponents ranked in top 20, are are 3-4-1 on away ice.
                      Offense: PSU is 5th in D1 in at 3.95 goals per game, while MSU has allowed 3.00 GPG.
                      MSU is 3rd in D1 at 4.15 goals per game, while PSU has allowed a decent 3.45 GPG.
                      Power play vs. PK: PSU 21.6% with man advantage; MSU has 81.9% PK success
                      MSU has 28.1 % on power play, against PSU's 76.8% PK
                      Both teams have similar philosophy. Get pucks deep, forecheck alot, get a lot of pucks to the net.

                      I like MSU to get at least a win. It's hard to argue against their advantage on special teams, and with Augustine fresh off a gold medal performance, MSU has upper hand in goaltending.
                      Penn State is more experienced, and with a tough home crowd will pick up a couple points this weekend.

                      Comment


                      • Outshooting Penn State in Pegula is a rare accomplishment. It had only happened 5 times in the previous 5 seasons combined.

                        The only time MSU ever did it before tonight was the very first game they played in the building on Valentine's Day 2014, a 2-2 tie where they outshot the Lions 34-27.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          Outshooting Penn State in Pegula is a rare accomplishment. It had only happened 5 times in the previous 5 seasons combined.

                          The only time MSU ever did it before tonight was the very first game they played in the building on Valentine's Day 2014, a 2-2 tie where they outshot the Lions 34-27.
                          Yes; all kind of surreal, isn't it? They won the faceoff battle and played with a ton of speed, and voila, ton of shots! Conversely, same led to fewer shots for them. This group is just clicking on all cylinders right now, and we thought it was just a matter of time. Where is the ceiling?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by owslachief View Post

                            Yes; all kind of surreal, isn't it? They won the faceoff battle and played with a ton of speed, and voila, ton of shots! Conversely, same led to fewer shots for them. This group is just clicking on all cylinders right now, and we thought it was just a matter of time. Where is the ceiling?
                            This team is miles ahead of where they were in October, especially defensively but offensively as well. The way they move the puck, especially in transition is just beautiful. It feels like someone is always right where they need to be for that first pass to go right back the other way and off to the races. Also, guys know exactly where to find the man for that first pass. That’s all just good coaching.

                            Back in October, I was genuinely concerned how shaky our D and goaltending felt. They’ve buttoned it up much more quickly than I even hoped.

                            Comment


                            • Man watching this team and this staff work this years has been fun. So many years of poor recruiting and coaching and now MSU is back where they should be

                              Comment


                              • For anyone intimidated by the numbers that the Dump Skunks are bringing into this weekend, consider this.

                                Overall, they have scored 91 goals (4th most in the NCAA) and 29 PPG with a PP% of 35.8 (1st in NCAA).
                                Now take out the 38 goals and 13 PPG they scored against Stonehill and Lindenwood combined.
                                That leaves them with just 53 goals (which would rank 48th) and 16 PPG with a PP% of 25.8 (10th).

                                Overall, they average 4.6 GPG and have a 2.9 GAA. But in the Big Ten, they average just 3.1 GPG with a 3.2 GAA.

                                Not saying they don't have any good players, but they are statistically the definition of flat-track bullies this season.



                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X