Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan State 2023-24. Tis the boldly numbered season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    Augustine's play will dictate our outcome this weekend. Based solely on how Gadowsky teams tend to play, I actually think this series is going to be his toughest test so far this season. He's going to see a ton of shots.

That said, given our offensive output so far, we can probably win an 8-7 game if we absolutely must.

The Nits will indeed fire at will. But it seems to me Augustine's more prone to the odd-man kind of goal than from the perimeter, so as long as MSU can control offensive/neutral zone turnovers, better scenario. I hope the BC series was his toughest.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post

The Nits will indeed fire at will. But it seems to me Augustine's more prone to the odd-man kind of goal than from the perimeter, so as long as MSU can control offensive/neutral zone turnovers, better scenario. I hope the BC series was his toughest.
      This (the BC sentiment). While this year's version of PSU may still be prolific in the shots category, their talent isn't nearly as accurate as years past. I'm betting that we'll be OK this weekend.

Comment

Tough to blow that lead last night but I feel we played a cleaner game defensively than previous outings which was good to see as I felt it was a legitimate concern. A win tonight and I’ll feel good about the weekend.

Comment

We took fewer penalties and looked better defensively, but I think we really miss Strbak and Gucciardi right now. (Especially Gucciardi.)

That said, it still kind of felt like we let PSU run its standard offense. Hopefully, we'll be able to control play a bit more this afternoon.
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Fun Fact: A certain 18 year old freshman defenseman leads the NCAA at +13 on the year..

Comment

We took fewer penalties and looked better defensively, but I think we really miss Strbak and Gucciardi right now. (Especially Gucciardi.)

That said, it still kind of felt like we let PSU run its standard offense. Hopefully, we'll be able to control play a bit more this afternoon.
              Agreed. You can see one area MSU struggled a bit (actually most acutely 1st period Saturday) was handling Penn State's forecheck. Needed the experience of Gucc and size of Strbak. Spartans were scrappy and resourceful enough to get it done Saturday. I would have loved to see more shots from MSU especially seeing how Suliere was not controlling rebounds very well - and make it easier on themselves. Nonetheless, quality win and big points against a more seasoned roster.

Comment

Spartans getting consensus poll-leader Wisconsin at Munn this weekend. MSU can also take the conference lead with a good weekend, too.
                66 - 86 - 07
                59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Our NTDP trio has signed NLIs.
                  66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Wonderful! Baker's making an early impact so far.

Comment

Solid weekend. Need to take at least one from Minnesota this weekend.

Comment

I think we’re coming together faster than I expected. After the last few weeks, I feel much better about our D and offensively we look crazy dangerous. Augustine is really coming around as well. He was excellent this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                          I think we’re coming together faster than I expected. After the last few weeks, I feel much better about our D and offensively we look crazy dangerous. Augustine is really coming around as well. He was excellent this weekend.
                          I shouldn't be terribly surprised if this lifts the recruiting profile to preseason levels. There's the hype, there's the BC series, and then there's the confirmation of the hype with such a good start after all. Perhaps the Christian Humphreys-type of thing doesn't happen again for a while and things will continue to roll. 2026-27 is closer than we think
                          Last edited by owslachief; 11-22-2023, 01:56 PM.

Comment

New thirds? The link has since been taken down, but you could buy these on Fanatics for a bit earlier tonight.

66 - 86 - 07

Comment

New thirds? The link has since been taken down, but you could buy these on Fanatics for a bit earlier tonight.
                              Hmm, that logo needs to be a good 33% smaller and maaaaybe I can come around. I’ll never prefer anything other than the script, though.

Comment

Nice to take a convoluted split out of the weekend. Good to see Gucciardi back from his injury, too. (Especially on Sunday.)

Idle next weekend, then Notre Dame before the holiday break. Not sure about how I feel about the timing of everything. MSU is playing with some momentum right now, but the team is also probably banged up.
                                66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Working...
                                X