Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What evidence is there that it’s not true that can be gathered from an Espn plus broadcast?

Comment

• Originally posted by CMcGarvey View Post
      What evidence is there that it’s not true
      Other than the current record?
      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by CMcGarvey View Post
        Anyone on here saying the team has no leadership because they don't have a captain knows nothing about the locker room of this team. Dave repeatedly says the locker room is excellent, practices are good, culture as well. Aside from Mahshie and Walsh leaving to pursue graduate degrees, no important pieces went to the portal in the offseason. This senior class sat through a cancelled season together, I am willing to bet they are a tight unit. Before 22-23 season, they got a commit from Alex Aslanidis, who had a .923 sv% with AIC last year, not sure why he never came, but they brought Cherepak in shortly after. Bottom line is their starting goalie has barely played, and their second choice for his backup is probably not ready to play D1 minutes to the extent he has had to. Yes, there have been other issues, but to assume this team "doesn't care or play for each other" simply because there is no captain in a senior class of over 10 is just an extremely lazy take
        I have no doubt when the coach says that the locker room, culture and practices are all good. It is on the ice that we need a leader.
        Name me one tame, professional or amateur that has won a championship without a captain on the ice.
        It bothers me that they can't find a single person who can lead this team where it counts.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

• Just listened to Smitty's weekly segment on 104.5. He was happy with many areas of their game vs. UNH. "We're still a work in progress....but we're working hard..." Jack Watson is back skating...is still a bit sore from not having played.....not yet ready to play." Suggested that given how Miller played vs. UNH that he'll likely be the starter, but wasn't ready to officially say it, as it's only Tuesday. Minn. St. is "big, heavy, skilled team...."

Players will each receive their first half season review and areas to improve and then the team will be off from 12/17-12/26 with practice back in Troy slated for 12/26.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• T/U Article today. Nothing resembling actual hockey discussion about plans to improve the special teams or performance in general...just platitudes about morale and emerging leadership. I couldn't help but notice that both the men's and women's teams are anchoring the #12 position in the ECAC standings. Uggh.

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...orts-spotlight
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              T/U Article today. Nothing resembling actual hockey discussion about plans to improve the special teams or performance in general...just platitudes about morale and emerging leadership. I couldn't help but notice that both the men's and women's teams are anchoring the #12 position in the ECAC standings. Uggh.

More of the same rhetoric from Dave. 12th place powerhouse’s! Formidable hockey programs

Comment

T/U Article today. Nothing resembling actual hockey discussion about plans to improve the special teams or performance in general...just platitudes about morale and emerging leadership. I couldn't help but notice that both the men's and women's teams are anchoring the #12 position in the ECAC standings. Uggh.

What did you expect him to say? I'm sure they've spent large chunks of practice on special teams. He could tell us they've found the secret and it would be meaningless until they show it on the ice. We do know they are coming off one of their better efforts of the year - playing yet another ranked team on the road and for a change they were in it until the end. Let's hope that it's a sign that at least on the defensive end they are finally coming together.

Comment

• Great effort tonight. Thoroughly outplayed Mankato and we’re super resilient

Comment

• Minnesota State plays in the CCHA. I was surprised to check the CCHA standings today and see that only one team in that league currently has an overall record over .500.

I was even more surprised to see which team that is. Would never have guessed it would be St. Thomas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                      Minnesota State plays in the CCHA. I was surprised to check the CCHA standings today and see that only one team in that league currently has an overall record over .500.

I was even more surprised to see which team that is. Would never have guessed it would be St. Thomas.
                      You should not be surprised it is St Thomas they will be a powerhouse and soon so will Augustana. St Thomas (in football) was kicked out of their league because they were to good.

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post

You should not be surprised it is St Thomas they will be a powerhouse and soon so will Augustana. St Thomas (in football) was kicked out of their league because they were to good.
                        Let’s ****ing go tommies!! Lol

Comment

• College hockey in the Caribbean. Who would've thunk it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                            College hockey in the Caribbean. Who would've thunk it.
                            if Jamaica can have an Olympic bobsled team then.........
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

T/U Article today. Nothing resembling actual hockey discussion about plans to improve the special teams or performance in general...just platitudes about morale and emerging leadership.

[/url]
                              Progressing forward a problem for Dave is going be the lack of folks going to the game. Attendance is atrocious. Zero buzz around town. We're on pace for 6 wins. Tough stuff. It was great to see Perry at the game Friday though.
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post

Progressing forward a problem for Dave is going be the lack of folks going to the game. Attendance is atrocious. Zero buzz around town. We're on pace for 6 wins. Tough stuff. It was great to see Perry at the game Friday though.
                                I think there were more Teddy Bears than People there Saturday
                                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X